Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bricktown clubs closing

1. Default More Bricktown clubs closing

Want to guess which ones? I've blogged about it at OKC Central — All about downtown OKC.

Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

I can't believe RAW lasted this long anyway. I went to it as a restaurant a few times and I was always the only person in there.

Hopefully they get the idea that semi-seedy dance clubs\bars have a hard time surviving in Bricktown, so that they put something in there that sticks around. I bet a good jazz club\lounge would work.

Weren't there plans to put a Pete's Dueling Piano bar in Bricktown at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    Weren't there plans to put a Pete's Dueling Piano bar in Bricktown at some point?
    Still in the works, I belive.

Supposed to go in Hogan's yet-to-be built building between Toby Keith's & Earl's.

Supposed to go in Hogan's yet-to-be built building between Toby Keith's & Earl's.
    Yeah, that's coming in Spring 2008, so it should be in just a few... oh wait...

7. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    i was just at the one in addison a couple of weeks ago, and it was a blast!

8. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    i was just at the one in addison a couple of weeks ago, and it was a blast!
    They're usually pretty fun.

I used to go to one in LoDo all the time. Had a blast at one in the Mall of America as well.

9. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

well, there has been an influx of bricktown-esque patrons at our robotic wednesdays (electro lounge) and i've noticed that is also crowd moving into the more progressive / underground "barmuda" area (hi-lo, edna's, sidecar and speakeasy). i figured it was due to all the press we've been receiving and a superior product that is offered (in regard to the dj's and the type of music played).

MySpace.com - Robotic Wednesdays | Electro Lounge - Oklahoma City!, US - Electro / New Wave / Indie - www.myspace.com/roboticwednesdays
    MySpace.com - Dance Robots, Dance! - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Electro / Indie / New Wave - www.myspace.com/dancerobotsdancedotcom

I was in Bricktown twice this weekend, and for the first time in over a year. I was shocked by the lack of pedestrian traffic- especially on such nice nights. The east end looked like it did 10 or 15 years ago.

Cowboy Mouth at the Wormy Dog ROCKED!

A good Blues/Jazz lounge would be great in Brickown.

Do you not like Maker's MrBojangles?

13. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Firsty, Bricktown needs a true, straightforward sportsbar.

14. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Firsty, Bricktown needs a true, straightforward sportsbar.
    They HAD a Varsity that had decent food, good service, and plenty of space...That one couldn't hold it's own.

*dunno*

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    They HAD a Varsity that had decent food, good service, and plenty of space...That one couldn't hold it's own.

*dunno*
    It seemed like the Bricktown Varsity had some sort of personality disorder. Was it a bar, a sportsbar, a restaurant, an off-track betting site, etc...?

A good sportsbar should be all of the above without the confusion.

16. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It seemed like the Bricktown Varsity had some sort of personality disorder. Was it a bar, a sportsbar, a restaurant, an off-track betting site, etc...?

A good sportsbar should be all of the above without the confusion.
    I agree that it should be all of the above. we definitely need a real sportsbar in Oklahoma City. I think once the NBA arrives here, things will obviously pick up and maybe save the restaurant and bar business in Bricktown. It's tough right now.

17. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I agree that it should be all of the above. we definitely need a real sportsbar in Oklahoma City. I think once the NBA arrives here, things will obviously pick up and maybe save the restaurant and bar business in Bricktown. It's tough right now.
    Good point.

You too John...Me not being that much of a sports fan, I may have missed those aspects of the place (I'm only there for the booze-n-food).

I just can't wait for the team to get here...I think the downtown area is going to REALLY come into it's own, even more than it already is anyway!

18. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

*dunno*

That place, then Halftime, tried too hard to be family-restaurant, i think.

Let's be honest here.

As much as have a hard on for all things Okie City.....the club scene here is absolutely pathetic.

What's the reasoning behind this? I'm a bit too old for this now but the dance scene -aside from the boot scootin silliness - has always been weak.

Pretty sad when the best club action is at Habana. Come on, Oklahoma City.....get a decent nightlife, for Christ's sakes!

20. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

Everybody gets married WAY too young here. That's why.

You might have a very good point.

I went to a dance club last weekend in Nicaragua that blew me away. Great interior, DJ, crowd, atmosphere.....and I was thinking....'Why can't we have something like this in Oklahoma City?'

Envious of a third-world club.

22. Default Re: More Bricktown clubs closing

lol...I spent the better part of a year all over South America, and I do remember pretty much the same thing.

Although I didn't see it as that big of a deal at the time, probably because I lived in San Diego, which has a pretty hoppin' night life.

Dance clubs are for the DEVIL

nah,. just the devil in ya

I have never been a fan of clubs, I am a bar guy. I think there are other people who have that same mindset. I am not sure though.

Thread Information