Widgets Magazine

Default Hahn-Cook Funeral Home Activity?

Does anyone know what's going on at the SW/C of Grand Boulevard & Classen? This is directly south of the Rose Hill mausoleum, and supposedly where the new Hahn-Cook funeral home will be built so Chesapeake can buy their current site. New in the past two weeks: Chain link fencing & construction fencing, and last week the bulldozers showed up. Whazzup?

Default Re: Hahn-Cook Funeral Home Activity?

Maybe it will be the Aubrey McClendon/Chesapeake Cemetary? J/K. OKCTalker, I think that's the million dollar question, everyone here has been trying to figure out what Chesapeake's plans are with any of the land they have acquired.

It's going to be a shopping center with retail and restaurants. It will start along Western, wrap around classen and continue around the corner south along classen.

4. Default Re: Hahn-Cook Funeral Home Activity?

Sgt. Pepper is correct. The retail is "invitation-only" which means not everyone who wants a spot will get one. A very interesting approach, and I hope for OKC that it works.

The plans are amazing; will be a huge upgrade from where it is now. Fall 2009 for completion.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    It's going to be a shopping center with retail and restaurants. It will start along Western, wrap around classen and continue around the corner south along classen.
    I'm having trouble envisoning this. Can you elaborate (I don't see how it fits in around the County Building)

7. Default Re: Hahn-Cook Funeral Home Activity?

I'm not sure what County building you are referring to....

From a macro perspective, Classen connects NW Expressway with Grand Blvd & Western. This particular development will run along the south side of Classen . Effectively, it will connect Belle Isle Station (Chili's, Wal Mart, Pei Wei, etc) with Grand Blvd & Western just south of the funeral home and cemetary on Grand Blvd, and just north of Flip's.

Does that help, or confuse even more?

He's referring to the County Juvenile Building which is east of Western.

securityinfo, you're thinking too far east, think the other way (west) of Western towards Belle Isle area as mentioned. Basically across from the funeral home on the South side of Classen wrapping around that curve towards the new Pearls (opposite side of road).

Chesapeake has hired the same architect that i believe is designing the boat houses along the Oklahoma River. I understand it will not be your usual "Ross/Old Navy" architecture, it will be a very unique style.

I read last year (DO or JR, I don't recall) that Chesapeake & Hahn-Cook reached a deal wherein a new building would be constructed so H-C could relinquish their current spot to CHK. Does anybody else remember this or was it just another Ambien-induced hallucination?

Quote Originally Posted by Comm'l Real Estate Guy View Post
    I'm not sure what County building you are referring to....

From a macro perspective, Classen connects NW Expressway with Grand Blvd & Western. This particular development will run along the south side of Classen . Effectively, it will connect Belle Isle Station (Chili's, Wal Mart, Pei Wei, etc) with Grand Blvd & Western just south of the funeral home and cemetary on Grand Blvd, and just north of Flip's.

Does that help, or confuse even more?
    Thanks, guys, I see now. That should turn out to be really impressive.

I wonder if the area will be able to support that retail area, and whatever CHK has in store for Nichols Hills Plaza.

Everything CHK touches turns to gold, right?

So far, all they've done is the Chesapeake Boathouse.

HC was going to develop there, but has decided on another location on Broadway Ext.

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    I wonder if the area will be able to support that retail area, and whatever CHK has in store for Nichols Hills Plaza.
    Considering the money in Nichols Hills, Crown Heights, etc. I think it should work better than almost anywhere. It will probably be small, boutique stores. Something tells me Aubrey is not going to erect a brand new JC Penney or Old Navy. I am thinking he is aiming a little higher . . .

But yes, I too always question whether areas can support new development. It is natural to say, "Man, if I were building that I stand to either make or lose a lot of money."

17. Default Re: Hahn-Cook Funeral Home Activity?

It will definitely not be JC Penney/Old Navy type stores...I can guarantee that. He is "inviting" only certain retailers...a very unusual approach. Then again, he's not exactly the typical real estate investor...

Rand Elliott did design the Boathouse as well as every single newly-built building on Chesapeake's campus. Aubrey uses Rand exclusively, so expect a major upgrade compared to a normal strip center.

any thoughts that this might replace (some of ) NHP??

19. Default Re: Hahn-Cook Funeral Home Activity?

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    It's Nichols Hills...

Well this sounds nice. I hope Aubrey can get some true upscale retailers. Our own little Rodeo Drive, perhaps?

Thread Information