Widgets Magazine

Thread: Can You Recommend a Norman Hotel

Default Can You Recommend a Norman Hotel

Hi...

I'll be staying overnight in Norman in a couple weeks, and I'm looking for a decent (and inexpensive) hotel (about $100/night or even less). I don't need a luxury hotel, just a clean room and bed. I am considering the following hotels:

Holiday Inn (I-35)
    Fairfield Inn (Norman Center Ct)
    La Quinta (Ed Noble Pkwy)

Any thoughts on these?
    Any other recommendations?

Thanks!!!

2. Default Re: Can You Recommend a Norman Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by boomer10 View Post
    Hi...

I'll be staying overnight in Norman in a couple weeks, and I'm looking for a decent (and inexpensive) hotel (about $100/night or even less). I don't need a luxury hotel, just a clean room and bed. I am considering the following hotels:

Holiday Inn (I-35)
    Fairfield Inn (Norman Center Ct)
    La Quinta (Ed Noble Pkwy)

Any thoughts on these?
    Any other recommendations?

Thanks!!!
    There's always the Sooner Legends Inns and Suites on I-35 and Lindsay.

Norman Oklahoma Hotel - Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Default Re: Can You Recommend a Norman Hotel

The Holiday Inn off of I-35 is probably the nicest of the bunch. Plus it is within walking distance of many restaurants and a movie theater.

The former Holiday Inn, just east of I-35 on Main has long been a Super 8. Not fancy, but it does include an indoor pool, whirpool and dry sauna. For various reasons I've stayed there a night here, a night there back in its HI days and in its current S8 incarnation.

Each time I've been there the rooms were clean, neighbor noise minimal, at most. Rates are likely still under 75.00, and a single outside room I believe is still under 60.00.

Cold breakfast on site, but there is a Prairie Kitchen next door and a Denny's, Golden Corral and Waffle House are located across Main.

5. Default Re: Can You Recommend a Norman Hotel

I've stayed in the La Quinta before...it was pretty nice. No complaints.

I stayed at the La Quinta in early December, and they were about 80% through with a total renovation. They were working on the common areas when I was there, but had completely re-done the rooms. They were absolutely phenomenal. Great beds, very clean room, modernistic look, great new shower, etc. etc. etc. I would imagine they've finished by now.

Sooner Legends would probably be my second choice; they have some great beds.

I'm chuckling because you are wanting something under 100 in Oklahoma. Are you from one of the coasts? NO PROBLEM finding a nice, clean room for under $100. When I moved back east, I was stunned at the cost of a motel room. Still can't believe it...

8. Default Re: Can You Recommend a Norman Hotel

I would reccommend the Holiday Inn for sure, but there is also a nice Hampton. It is right next door to the fairfield inn. There is also a brand new country inn and suites that i am sure is very nice.

I WOULD TOTALLY AVOID THE SOONER LEGEND HOTEL.

There's a new Best Western in Norman, it's a little further in town though instead of on the interstate. I'm sure the rates depend on if you stay during the week or weekend but they appear to start at about $85/night.

My parents stayed there. The beds seem to be pretty comfortable, they have flat screens in every room and your typical business hotel amenities. It looked to me like a nice place to hang your hat for the night.

It's just north of HWY 9 on Classen.

Forgot all about the BW. I don't get over to that corner of town much anymore since my eldest, along with her spouse, moved overseas. It's likely the newest set of digs in town as well. As for Sooner Legends, I've not heard anyhting bad, but I don't think the rooms fall below 100.

You might find a B&B room in, or not far from, town that's below 100, but not many in that range if memory serves.

Thread Information