Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Norman Music Festival

Blog Entries

Default Re: Norman Music Festival

Some of the bands are ACM bands... Stardeath is the band that played in lieu of the lips this year on NYE... Jabee is an OKC-based rapper that is embracing his OKC roots as he grows in popularity... Pink Pony is Christina Fallin's band... most in OKC have heard of Edgar Cruz at this point... but yeah, lots and lots of names I don't know... think of it as an opportunity for discovery rather than a reason not to go... :-)

I had a blast there last year and am so looking forward to this years festival. I can't wait.

Diarrhea Planet - sloppy hipster punk, should be decent live show
    John Moreland - greater Okie singer/song-writer, saw him do solo matinee show at the Conservatory, would love to see with full band. not sure how he is performing at NMF
    Rainbows Are Free - pretty sweet rock band from Norman, always enteraining live
    Ringo Deathstarr - modern psyche, should be good live
    Depth & Current - think these guys are from Tulsa, playing at Opolis which fits their sound better than big outdoor stage
    Traindodge - veteran Okie rock, need to see these guys if you havent over the last 15 (or more years) theyve been around
    Klipspringer- another group thats been around for a while, should be a solid show

Also, stop by the Red Room at 6 pm Saturday. Take 9, a comedy sketch group is performing and I'm the emcee.
    This is a talented bunch of kids and, from what from what I've seen, it'll be a funny show. I will also be doing stand up
    to end the show.

For those in the know about local bands and otherwise, what are your thoughts on this year's lineup announcement?

New NMF8 schedules and lineup additions are here | News OK

Good stuff... Octopus Project and Colourmusic will be a great show! Bring your earplugs though.

Diarrhea Planet? Some of the names of these bands, man I don't know...

I would hope Judge Balkman dismisses this silliness and the festival continues as is.

Hearing set Friday for lawsuit regarding festival's 'no guns' policy - Norman Transcript: Government

I guess I will bring my machine gun to this in case someone goes Suge Knight

10. Default Re: Norman Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I would hope Judge Balkman dismisses this silliness and the festival continues as is.

Hearing set Friday for lawsuit regarding festival's 'no guns' policy* - Norman Transcript: Government
    It has been on going for what...7 years with a ban and they are just now raising a hissy fit? Sounds like someone wants free media air time or is otherwise lacking things to do in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    It has been on going for what...7 years with a ban and they are just now raising a hissy fit? Sounds like someone wants free media air time or is otherwise lacking things to do in their life.
    Without arguing for or against his actions or the ban, I'd say that identifying issues where they feel a government entity is interfering in a protected right is the goal of groups like this. Whether its freedom of religion, or 2nd amendment, creating visibility and press IS the goal. Much like a satanic group sending coloring books to a school.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    Diarrhea Planet? Some of the names of these bands, man I don't know...
    I plan on going, but think I'll stay a few hundred feet from the stage !!!!!!!

13. Default Re: Norman Music Festival

I'll bet money that someone in that organization just went out and googled "no weapons" and "Norman" or "Oklahoma." I doubt that these people honestly feel unsafe while unarmed at the festival; in fact I doubt that they would attend or even WANT to attend if they weren't set on proving a point, which is all that this is about.

That said, they pretty cleverly are taking a page from the sit-in movement. I've never really seen anyone in the media make that connection, but that's probably because the two relevant issues largely exist on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

14. Default Re: Norman Music Festival

Hello fellow OKC Talkers,

If you plan on stopping by the Norman Music Festival on Saturday, I encourage you to stop by my booth and say hello. I am the owner of MENT Apparel and will be set up on Main St. from 11am - 10pm. I attached a map of where I will be located.

NMF8_Map.jpg

Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Cool to see the growth of NMF year to year. I'm glad they'll be moving the dates off the Arts Festival weekend. This should provide a benefit to both festivals.

Norman Music Festival reveals record attendance, announces 2016 dates | NewsOK.com.

Thread Information