Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Boathouse Row

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Boathouse Row Master Plan

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    Is there any possibility that those power lines are going to be buried in the future? That would improve the view even more.
    They have been removing power lines since late February.

Quote Originally Posted by Watson410 View Post
    QUESTION: When they install the permanent grandstands, are they going to be ont the south shore?? PLEASE TELL ME THEY WILL BE ON THE SOUTH SHORE!!! Could you imagine that view for vistors visiting okc for the Olympic Trials and Other huge events... Just the view alone would really make a statement.
    Yes, here is a rendering to give you an idea.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, the grandstands are supposed to be built on the south shore.

Regarding the power lines, this is from the Boathouse District blog:

Transmission line removal - phase one (swing out from Boathouse District to 6th Street) - late March 2010 completion; Phase two - complete removal from north bank (including Chesapeake Boathouse area) - 2011

Must be the official groundbreaking for the UCO boathouse.

Just found this:

Media Advisory: UCO and Chesapeake Energy Announce Boathouse Partnership Today

May 17, 2010

Media Contact: Adrienne Nobles, Director of Communications and Marketing, University of Central Oklahoma, (405) 974-2103, anobles@uco.edu

EMBARGO: This information is embargoed until 2 p.m., May 17

MEDIA ADVISORY: UCO AND CHESAPEAKE ENERGY ANNOUNCE BOATHOUSE PARTNERSHIP TODAY

WHEN: TODAY, 1:30 p.m., Monday, May 17

WHERE: Future site of the CHK|Central Boathouse, Oklahoma River Boathouse District (parking available at the Chesapeake Boathouse, 725 S. Lincoln, Oklahoma City); if inclement weather, inside the current Chesapeake Boathouse

WHAT: The University of Central Oklahoma and Chesapeake Energy Corporation will announce their new partnership on the Oklahoma River, the CHK|Central Boathouse.

The CHK|Central Boathouse will serve as home to Central's Women's Rowing team, and will also include a live music venue and an art gallery, establishing it as a unique presence "where art meets the river" in the growing Boathouse District on the Oklahoma River.

The CHK|Central Boathouse will join the well-established Chesapeake Boathouse and the Devon Boathouse, currently under construction, on the Oklahoma River. The river's development is generating excitement in the Oklahoma City metro. The river was named, along with the university, an official U.S. Olympic Training Site in 2009, and the recent passing of MAPS 3 funding advanced plans for multiple projects on the river that will create the country's premiere rowing and kayak destination.

Scheduled to speak at the announcement are UCO President Roger Webb, Chesapeake Energy Corporation CEO Aubrey McClendon and Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation Executive Director Mike Knopp.

VIDEO, PHOTO, INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
    * UCO President Roger Webb
    * Chesapeake Energy Corporation CEO Aubrey McClendon
    * Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation Executive Director Mike Knopp
    * Civic and community leaders
    * Members of the Central Women's Rowing Team
    * A link to the latest conceptual images of the boathouse will be provided following the announcement

ON-SITE MEDIA CONTACT: Adrienne Nobles, UCO Director of Communications and Marketing, (405) 974-2103.

Sweet!

I'm confused...

Is this an additional boathouse, or is UCO's only going to be called CHK/Central Boathouse?

Not an additional boathouse, just UCO co-naming the one that was planned due to a contribution by CHK.

OU Boathouse should be officially announced soon as well.

The announcement yesterday was that Chesapeake is giving $3 million towards the UCO boathouse and that another donor has given $.5 million.

They still need a total of $6 million to build the thing, so groundbreaking isn't imminent -- but hopefully soon.

It's great they will be adding a live music venue to the locations as well.

11. Default Re: Boathouse Row Master Plan

Roger Webb indicated they've got some good prospects in the wings to complete fundraising. I wouldn't be surprised to see construction starting in a year or so.

Steve, do you know the status of the OU boathouse?

Will Tulsa University be having a boathouse? or do they have a rowing team?

14. Default Re: Boathouse Row Master Plan

Pete, I'm told the OU Boathouse is in design phase. OKClee, I'd be very, very surprised if Tulsa considered building a boathouse in OKC. OSU, on the other hand...

Has anyone been out to the site to see the current progress taking place on river front? I know that last photos that were available showed them pouring the foundation of Finish line tower, and it appeared that the Devon boat house was about ready to receive its glazing.

If anyone was so inclined it would be fantastic to see some current images for this exciting development!

I really appreciate all of the efforts of those who do post images on a regular basis. It really makes those of us scattered around the country who are routing for OKC feel integrated in its transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    Has anyone been out to the site to see the current progress taking place on river front? I know that last photos that were available showed them pouring the foundation of Finish line tower, and it appeared that the Devon boat house was about ready to receive its glazing.

If anyone was so inclined it would be fantastic to see some current images for this exciting development!

I really appreciate all of the efforts of those who do post images on a regular basis. It really makes those of us scattered around the country who are routing for OKC feel integrated in its transformation.
    I have this website bookmarked in my browser. Unfortunately, the last time they uploaded any new photos was 5/24. Here ya go...

Boathouse District Development

Thanks Okcisforme, I too have it bookmarked but they aren't always the best at keeping things up to date, as you noted.

Just fishing for others who might have been more recently or who might pass by and easily snap a few.

I am nothing if not optimistic!

40forward.com is worse. I'm about to ask my contact guy from ODOT if they will just give me the job that has been voided. I'll do it for free! They haven't had a gallery update since March 4th...

Steve, are you alluding to OSU Boathouse rumors? There IS an OSU rowing team I believe.

OSU has a great rowing facility. They do not need the Oklahoma River. They are too far to drive there for 6AM practice.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    OSU has a great rowing facility. They do not need the Oklahoma River. They are too far to drive there for 6AM practice.
    Do they row at Boomer Lake or Carl Blackwell? And TU rows on the Arkansas River.

a few new photos. Boathouse District Development

23. Default Re: Boathouse Row Master Plan

OSU rows on Blackwell.

I was in the area today so I took some photos from a similar vantage point as my March pics:

Devon Boathouse

Finish Line Tower

Site overview

Enjoy!

Thanks for the photos! I can't wait til that whole stretch is filled with boathouses!! Its gonna be awesome!

Thread Information