Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rocklahoma Lineup

Default Rocklahoma Lineup

Over 80 bands will be performing on three giant stages over July 10 through July 13th. As announced, Rocklahoma’s initial lineup on the main stage is:

Thursday (Pre Party for those who have bought three day tickets) Bret Michaels, LA Guns featuring Tracii Guns, Enuf Z Nuff, Vain, House of Lords and Jet Boy.

Friday: XYZ, Armored Saint, Kingdom Come, Night Ranger, Extreme, Triumph and TBA.

Saturday: Pretty Boy Floyd, Every Mother’s Nightmare, Tora Tora, Black N Blue, Trixter, Kix, Warrant featuring Jani Lane and Cinderella.

Sunday: Axe, Beautiful Creatures, Zebra, Lynch Mob, TBA, Tesla and TBA.

Additional bands on the main stage will be added in the upcoming weeks. The initial lineup and bands are subject to change as bands are added and the exact schedule is arranged.

Two side stages adjacent to the main stage feature over twenty-eight regional artists on each stage.

The Retrospect Records stage includes the following bands: Jester, Sidekixx, Pair-A-Dice, Front Runner, Tommy Had a Vision, Valor, Gypsy Blue, Whitefoxx, Blue Tiger, Wild August, Messang, Paul Shortino, Mariah, Warryor, Bad Candy, Lorraine, Nasty Nasty, Real Steel, Cuttlass, Vyper, Mass, Bad Candy, Oney, Strikeforce, Herazz, Reckless, Heartless, Ron Keel, Warryor and Alibi.

On the Tri-Label Group stage has Texas Hippie Coalition, Karnevil featuring Dario Lorina, Dirty Penny, Crooked X, Gypsy Pistoleros, Sweet FA, Banshee, Gods of Kansas, Lipstick Magazine, Pownd, Shadowside, Mindflow, Warmachine, Asphalt Valentine, Krucible featuring Lance King, and Death Riders.

Rocklahoma is the world’s largest Rock Festival of its type featuring bands from the eighties. Attendance is expected from all fifty states, every Province in Canada and every country in Europe.

Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

AKA mullet fest.

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    AKA mullet fest.
    Think of the photo opportunities....

Personally, I would actually enjoy a lot of Rocklahoma if only because of when I grew up...... But where are RATT, Slaughter, Scorpions, Whitesnake..... are those bands even still alive?

4. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

I think Ratt was there last year. There's a discussion about this on the concert goers thread.
    I have no idea who these bands are but it sounds like a huge event.
    We usually attend country fever fest there so I know it's a nice festival grounds.
    They have some problems with paperwork.
    They have sold our camping place out from under us twice and security is bad. Not in the sense of fighting, but for allowing non ticket holders to sneak in to the VIP area.

5. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

Not my cup of tea but obviously good for NE Oklahoma's economy.

Mogulus » Channel » wyldside_rocklahoma

(it loops)

It sounds like an awesome event!!!

Except for the bands

7. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

Last year it filmed and shown on Howard Stern TV ... man they capped on the concert goers! Pretty mortifying.

But, I used to love that music! This lineup this year doesn't appeal to me....
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    It sounds like an awesome event!!!

Except for the bands

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Rolling Stone likes it. Don't think the readers do though. The funny part is I found a tag for this that said "Forget Lollapalooza, Rocklahoma is where it's at"

I can't tell you how much I am laughing right now.

Rolling Stone : Rocklahoma Announces 2008 Lineup: Bret Michaels, Kix, Warrant

Just added Sammy Hagar, Motley Crue and Buckcherry to the lineup.

11. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

I guess I need to get out more, because I have not heard of a single band in that list, but reading the names was entertaining.

Anyone for some Karen Carpenter?

The Catch the Fever facilities just outside of Pryor have definitely added to the economy in Mayes County. The facilities include over 6,200 assigned and numbered seats, as well as general admission on the lawn for over 50,000 people at the concert grounds. A picture Alley that allows anyone in attendance to approach the stage during any performance and take photographs of a favorite artist at close range. Over 4,000 campsites, on-site parking, bathroom facilities, a convenience store, and overnight security provided by Mayes County Sheriff’s Department when they have big festivals.

June 12-15, Catch the Fever is hosting the Country Fever Music Festival. They have announced that Willie Nelson, Reba McEntire, Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers, Ronnie Milsap, Aaron Tippin, the Kentucky Headhunters, Mark Chesnutt, Tracy Byrd, and Blake Shelton will be in the lineup this year.

Then in July, they hold Rocklahoma. Last year, amid circulating rumors that the band had retired, Rocklahoma announced that Twisted Sister would be the headliner. Frontman, Dee Snider announced it by saying, “On the Twisted Sister retirement front. Ain’t happening. We’re strappin’ on the spandex one more time.” And they did.

I’m with you, drumsncode --- what some of us need is a legends concert that includes older music. Something like:
    *Hall and Oates, Electric Light Orchestra, Todd Rundgren and Gino Vannelli for easy-listening night.
    *The Commodores, Gladys Knight and The Pips, Lionel Richie, the Four Tops, the Temptations and Smokey Robinson for Motown night.
    *Duran Duran, Cheap Trick, Meatloaf, Alice Cooper, the Pretenders and Boston for rock night.

If they thought along those lines, they could actually come up with another big show each year. There are all kinds of possibilities for great three-day music festivals.

13. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

Give me Tom Petty & Boston and I'd go anywhere.

After seeing Rock of Love with Brett Michaels, you couldn't pay me to see him.. he's a horn dog.

I don't mind that so mind that, so much, Karried, except for Brett Michael's complete lack of respect for women. If it were just a matter of being a horndog, I think that's kind of normal for a lot of rock stars who take themselves too seriously. It would help if the bimbos going after them wouldn't take these guys seriously (and have a little self-pride.) But the fact that his show totally exploits women bothers me.

But, back to Rocklahoma's lineup for anyone who actually enjoys the festival, I guarantee the organizers haven't even publicized the headlining act. Last year they saved that until closer to the festival.

15. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

Last years line up for countryfever was good. The Make A Wish foundation does an auction for celebrity autographed guitars. I managed to win of them. One signed by Reba, one by Big and Rich and the one signed by Blake Shelton. Nice additions to my collection. I spent too much but it's for a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker34 View Post
    Just added Sammy Hagar, Motley Crue and Buckcherry to the lineup.

WOOPS! That's NOT official

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Give me Tom Petty & Boston and I'd go anywhere.

After seeing Rock of Love with Brett Michaels, you couldn't pay me to see him.. he's a horn dog.
    Boston is coming to the Zoo June 25 (per their website: http://www.bandboston.com/). unfortunately, their singer died last year and the replacement is the guy from Stryper...

and Tom Petty is in Dallas at the end of August with Steve Winwood opening...

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    unfortunately, their singer died last year and the replacement is the guy from Stryper...
    SHUT UP!!

I can't even begin to imagine how that is going to sound. I almost want to go just to find out. It's like a train wreck. I have to look.

I had no idea that's who the replacement was. My oh my.
    You know those Sweet brothers are from Oklahoma?

19. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

I know, I can't imagine Boston without that trademark voice...

My kids play Rock Band and I can't help myself.. anytime Boston comes on, I have to run in there screaming " I get to sing, I get to sing' and rip the microphone out of child's hand' hee,hee

" It's been such a long time.. I really should be going - yeah!'

Yeah, and I'm going to try to hit Tom Petty in Dallas but I think I'll be out of town... I have to check the dates again.

Thanks for the info!

[QUOTE=OkieHornet;133834]Boston is coming to the Zoo June 25 (per their website: http://www.bandboston.com/). unfortunately, their singer died last year and the replacement is the guy from Stryper...

They must have taken it off their website, because I don't see it.

Official Boston Website

Yep. It's there. They have 2 new members. The date for okc zoo isn't there, but they are playing there. Boston just hasn't updated their list yet.

22. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

Speaking of replacement lead singers:

Okay, this guy is simply amazing! Gives me freaking goosebumps head to toe!

I love Journey..if this guy comes, I'm so there..is he coming here?

YouTube - Journey - Faithfully (Cover by The Zoo)

Legendary rockers Journey have hired a Filipino fan to front the band after parting ways with Jeff Scott Soto earlier this year.

The band discovered Arnel Pineda, from Quezon City in the Philippines via YouTube, when they saw footage of him singing Journey songs in his homeland with his band The Zoo.

Original frontman Steve Perry was replaced in 1998 with Steve Augeri who was forced to leave the band due to health problems.

But Pineda almost missed his dream job after initially assuming emails from guitarist Neal Schon were a hoax.

“My friend Noel picked up the message on YouTube and told me it was from Neal. I thought it was a hoax so I ignored it. Noel said, ‘what if it really was Neal and he wanted to offer you the chance of a lifetime?’ So I e-mailed Neal back and the rest is history.”

The band are currently working on a new album with producer Kevin Shirley, tentatively scheduled for a spring/summer 2008 release

23. Default Re: Rocklahoma Lineup

Tell me you didn't get goosebumps when he sang the first line?

Holy Crap, he's good!!!!

Yeah, I wasn't interested in seeing Journey without Steve Perry .... now I am interested.

In case anyone is interested, XM channel 41 - the Boneyard is calling itself the "official station for Rocklahoma." They play songs from the bands that are playing and preface them as a "Rocklahoma featured band."

It's kind of cool to hear it mentioned so prominently on a national satellite radio station.

Thread Information