Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

1. Default Re: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

I'm not going to turn this into a Mid-Del school rivalry thread. We can create a new one if you want to do that mmonroe. But should you chose to do so, I am well armed.

2. Default Re: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

Quote Originally Posted by MestaParkMan View Post
    I spent 2 miserable years at Convergys in Moore. I was fired and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! I actually found a job and career that I love.
    Fat people central station.

Default Re: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

Why should one school ina distrcit get the preferential treatment? Monroney was always a few (1-2) points behind C.A. in district and state testing. Jarman, Kerr, an Del Crest usually were slightly further behind.
    My point was that as a district things were not always roses and wine for all schools. I know for a fact that a Del City High softball coach bought his own dirt for his field and the distric came and took it to C.A.'s field around '02-'03 school year.
    I have the utmost respect for the district, but I felt, with the old administration, that not everybody was on the same playing field. I am extremely happy that all seems to be changing in the district for the few friends I have there as teachers/coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerfan11 View Post
    Fat people central station.
    That's great...tell me where you work Blazer so I can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that most of the time it is the employees that give a company a crappy work enviroment. I left my last job because of all the slack ass employees they were hiring.

This seems to be a contradiction. If the company is hiring all slack ass employees that create a crappy work environment, isn't the company directly responsible?

6. Default Re: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    That's great...tell me where you work Blazer so I can avoid it.
    Evidently, he works at "Pretty People Only Please" central, where the buttocks are tight, the attitudes tighter, and the potlucks are vegan.

I used to work at Farmers Insurance and AOL.
    AOL was a sad sad place ,whose employees had to misdirect any cancellation call as a upgrade call, which was reported to Wall Street as sales calls.
    That ended when they got caught.
    And my Butch lesiban supervisor, Robin O.Keep in mind I'm gay.She didn't like the fact me and her soon to be sperm loaner( i know what i typed ,lol) was friends.
    There was a godless short british woman at farmers:Chris A.
    I actually detest the accent so much, I can't watch nanny 911 or super nanny or wtf it is.
    lol

8. Default Re: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

You don't like British accents?

:slap:

I wish my girl talked like that. The only thing hotter is Irish or Scottish.

9. Default Re: Worst Place to Work in the Metro

I have to agree AOL... was bad.

never worked call center places ... and yes, I am thankful other avenues existed and were recognized. I know some folks, and no, they are not fatties, who are cc employees. They seem content, not thrilled mind you, but content

i worked at the hobby lobby warehouse for two years. corruption every where. so much for their "values"

I had heard all the stories in the warehouse.....the Corporate environment wasn't much better...but I suppose with a place that "big", trust would be a big issue....

mshell were you there when Greco Frames was still a part of?

David Green (Hobby Lobby) is just another businessman to use the evangelical masses for huge (and obscene) private gain. The man has become insanely rich on selling religion through Hobby Lobby & Mardel. Oh, and 'Hemispheres' is an interesting concept for a "Christian" company. Sell overpriced luxury home goods to materialistic consumers in a world where more people live with NO furniture and many with nothing that we would recognize as a 'home'. Those priorities for Christians are so incredibly hypocritical - and none any more so than the BILLIONAIRE David Green. What would 'Jesus' say?

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    What would 'Jesus' say?
    Maybe Jesus would say this:

"Don't judge others, or you will be judged. You will be judged in the same way that you judge others, and the amount you give to others will be given to you.
    Why do you notice the little piece of dust in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the big piece of wood in your own eye? How can you say to your friend, 'Let me take that little piece of dust out of your eye'? Look at yourself! You still have that big piece of wood in your own eye. You hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to take the dust out of your friend's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

So, tell us, how does one go about being perfect--like you?

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post

Well, first you have to register as a Democrat...

David Green (Hobby Lobby) is just another businessman to use the evangelical masses for huge (and obscene) private gain. The man has become insanely rich on selling religion through Hobby Lobby & Mardel. Oh, and 'Hemispheres' is an interesting concept for a "Christian" company. Sell overpriced luxury home goods to materialistic consumers in a world where more people live with NO furniture and many with nothing that we would recognize as a 'home'. Those priorities for Christians are so incredibly hypocritical - and none any more so than the BILLIONAIRE David Green. What would 'Jesus' say?
    So basically it's okay to make "huge profits" if your not a Christian? How about a Buddhist? Muslim? Hindu? Atheist? Notice how people always attack the Christians, when there are hypocrits in every sect and religion. I've never seen one thread on this site or others talking about the hypocritical atheists, muslims, mormons, hindu, buddhists, etc, but several thread on hypocritical Christians. Again, they exist in every religion or no religion. If you were Satan, what one thing would you want to attack the most? Christianity?

I worked with the Green family for one of their spinoff companies and found them to be the nicest most caring and compassionate people. Live well below their means and are generous to giving to ministries especially in other countries (the ones you speak of where people have nothing). I've been to their house several times for prayer breakfasts and other things and can vouch they are hard working good people who serve others. To clarify, Mardel is not David Green's company, Mardel is his son Mart Green's company. These are FOR PROFIT companies that happen to value "Christian principles." That doesn't mean every employee at their corporate HQ has to be a Christian or perfect, heck bad employees exist at every corporation, especially the bigger the company. They aren't NON PROFIT companies in it for charity. I agree some of the merchandise is over priced, but they also have HUGE sales and probably take some big hits. I got a Da Vinci Code Book at Mardels on sale last week for .19 cents. Tell me they made a profit on that, they had hundreds of books on sale well below cost. Hobby Lobby often has 50% off sales. Almost all retail companies mark up merchandise 50% or more. Anyhow just wanted to offer another opinion, that's my two cents.....

David Green is a normal guy. He comes to work every day and works. Actually works. He speaks to his employees, he wears jeans not suits, and he participates in all of the office fundraisers/activities. He's pretty funny too. He has never behaved in a way that would even remotely be considered immoral, uncaring, or greedy. He has earned every penny he makes, he has a right to enjoy it. He also donates pretty heavily to all kinds of charities and organizations. Churches, okc public schools, that little Indian on top of the capitol you all wanted, the arts, and dear santa all receive a hefty portion of his salary.
    Now as far as the employees at Hobby Lobby (Which Metro, does include Mardel. Jason is merely the president of Mardel, David is still the CEO of all affiliates) are concerned, they are human. Did you know that? They are not required to be Christian to work there, they also are allowed to not be perfect just like employees anywhere else. Just as people who go to church are of sin, so are the employees of Hobby Lobby. Why do you expect them to be without sin? Oh yeah, cause you are the same people who think those who attend church should be stepford people too. The whole point of Christianity is to accept that we are full of sin and through Jesus we can be saved.
    Done ranting. You may return to your glass houses and continue your hipocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    The whole point of Christianity is to accept that we are full of sin and through Jesus we can be saved.
    So it's okay to just accept that everyone sins and go out and ho' around, get drunk, do drugs, cheat on our spouse...whatever...just so long as we ask Jesus to forgive us afterwards? Or does Jesus expect us to at least put in a bit of effort to behave?

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    So it's okay to just accept that everyone sins and go out and ho' around, get drunk, do drugs, cheat on our spouse...whatever...just so long as we ask Jesus to forgive us afterwards? Or does Jesus expect us to at least put in a bit of effort to behave?
    That's an entirely different conversation. But all of those people work at Hobby Lobby because they are people and it's a place of business just like anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    David Green is a normal guy. He comes to work every day and works. Actually works. He speaks to his employees, he wears jeans not suits, and he participates in all of the office fundraisers/activities. He's pretty funny too. He has never behaved in a way that would even remotely be considered immoral, uncaring, or greedy. He has earned every penny he makes, he has a right to enjoy it. He also donates pretty heavily to all kinds of charities and organizations. Churches, okc public schools, that little Indian on top of the capitol you all wanted, the arts, and dear santa all receive a hefty portion of his salary.
    Now as far as the employees at Hobby Lobby (Which Metro, does include Mardel. Jason is merely the president of Mardel, David is still the CEO of all affiliates) are concerned, they are human. Did you know that? They are not required to be Christian to work there, they also are allowed to not be perfect just like employees anywhere else. Just as people who go to church are of sin, so are the employees of Hobby Lobby. Why do you expect them to be without sin? Oh yeah, cause you are the same people who think those who attend church should be stepford people too. The whole point of Christianity is to accept that we are full of sin and through Jesus we can be saved.
    Done ranting. You may return to your glass houses and continue your hipocracy.
    Even the ones who work in the warehouse??? Just curious, are you one of H.L.'s Buyer's???

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    So basically it's okay to make "huge profits" if your not a Christian? How about a Buddhist? Muslim? Hindu? Atheist? Notice how people always attack the Christians, when there are hypocrits in every sect and religion. I've never seen one thread on this site or others talking about the hypocritical atheists, muslims, mormons, hindu, buddhists, etc, but several thread on hypocritical Christians. Again, they exist in every religion or no religion. If you were Satan, what one thing would you want to attack the most? Christianity?

I worked with the Green family for one of their spinoff companies and found them to be the nicest most caring and compassionate people. Live well below their means and are generous to giving to ministries especially in other countries (the ones you speak of where people have nothing). I've been to their house several times for prayer breakfasts and other things and can vouch they are hard working good people who serve others. To clarify, Mardel is not David Green's company, Mardel is his son Mart Green's company. These are FOR PROFIT companies that happen to value "Christian principles." That doesn't mean every employee at their corporate HQ has to be a Christian or perfect, heck bad employees exist at every corporation, especially the bigger the company. They aren't NON PROFIT companies in it for charity. I agree some of the merchandise is over priced, but they also have HUGE sales and probably take some big hits. I got a Da Vinci Code Book at Mardels on sale last week for .19 cents. Tell me they made a profit on that, they had hundreds of books on sale well below cost. Hobby Lobby often has 50% off sales. Almost all retail companies mark up merchandise 50% or more. Anyhow just wanted to offer another opinion, that's my two cents.....

Well said Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by FFLady View Post
    Even the ones who work in the warehouse??? Just curious, are you one of H.L.'s Buyer's???
    Yes, I've seen him speak to the ones in the warehouse. He says hello to the housekeepers as well.

No, I'm not a buyer. I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    Maybe Jesus would say this:

"Don't judge others, or you will be judged. You will be judged in the same way that you judge others, and the amount you give to others will be given to you.
    Why do you notice the little piece of dust in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the big piece of wood in your own eye? How can you say to your friend, 'Let me take that little piece of dust out of your eye'? Look at yourself! You still have that big piece of wood in your own eye. You hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to take the dust out of your friend's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

What an amazing comment from you of all people. You judge others all the time on this forum. Don't we all?

If you want to quote scripture, I think 'Jesus' would give David Green, with all his wealth, a short version of the Sermon on the Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post

It's when you put your companies under the spotlight as CHRISTIAN companies. I haven't seen another business as part of another religion do this in Oklahoma City. If they have, and they make BILLIONS, I'll criticize them too.

No way could David Green square his BILLIONAIRE status with scripture. No way, no how. Not in this world. If that's judging, so be it.

You also cannot square their treatment of blue-collar workers at the warehouse, etc. with their "Christian principles."

It's a racket. Of course, in my opinon, all of organized religion is a racket. A fairy tale, but still a lucrative racket.

It's when you put your companies under the spotlight as CHRISTIAN companies. I haven't seen another business as part of another religion do this in Oklahoma City. If they have, and they make BILLIONS, I'll criticize them too.

No way could David Green square his BILLIONAIRE status with scripture. No way, no how. Not in this world. If that's judging, so be it.

You also cannot square their treatment of blue-collar workers at the warehouse, etc. with their "Christian principles."

It's a racket. Of course, in my opinon, all of organized religion is a racket. A fairy tale, but still a lucrative racket.

I agree....though I am tempted to use the word "hypocrit", I will refrain. What I saw while employed there was everything but Christian principles. I did not leave on bad terms, but it was a happy day to give my 2 week notice and move on from that company after 5 years. Everyone sees and hears the Goodness the Green's do, and how well they look on paper, however, most Managers & Supervisors there were the big time problem. They were the ones who treated their department employees like crap. Employees walked on eggshells everyday, not knowing if their time was up for no reason at all. It got me thinking, Management standards had to have derived from somewhere. Maybe the Green's have their "big" people do the dirty work? Well, except when it came to firing his nephew, who incidentially ran the Greco Framing operations....Fired him basically beause he was "different" to all his employees, warehouse included....they got like Character (building) meetings every month, with a nice lunch. Everyone in that whole complex knew Greco was THE place to work based on better treatment of employees (Thanks Jeff Green) and a wonderful environment. Guess the other Green's put a stop to that cause it made the rest of H.L. look like the debil...

Thread Information