Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

1. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Yeah that's a big tough crap for Tinker. Every time they release one of these they show how they want to tear out half of the Mid-Del area....and for no damn good reason. Let's kill all this land for the base....no way man. I consider the land off-base open for anyone to develop as they see fit. If it's fine for an airport, it's fine for an air base.

For goodness sake, look at freaking O'Hare in Chicago!!!! Crap is piled up to the fence and there's a billion times more air traffic of similarly sized aircraft. The difference is that civilians actually put effort into noise reduction so you aren't deafened when the plan flies over at 10:30 at night. Maybe if they would correct some of that noise pollution they create, we wouldn't have to worry about that little problem.

And again, when was the last time ther was a crash???? I beleive the last one was OUTSIDE even these zones as well.

2. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Tinker, you can't live with it, you can't live without it.

It seems like sometimes they cry wolf about BS just so they can say, "hey, while we're at it, and the people of the community don't want us to close, let's throw a little extra on the bill..."

The last crash involving Tinker I do believe happened before I was born, and i'm 21.

3. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Someone told me an engine fell off a plane back in the 80's or soemthing ( I was born in 82), but that doesnt qualify for a crash in my opinion. And that engine fell off up off of like 23rd or 36th or something....waaaay outside of any of the #2 zones.

4. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Well... I wasn't born for the crash that happened just north of the NS runways that closed the neighborhood between Midwest Blvd and Douglas on 29th street.

Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Someone told me an engine fell off a plane back in the 80's or soemthing ( I was born in 82), but that doesnt qualify for a crash in my opinion. And that engine fell off up off of like 23rd or 36th or something....waaaay outside of any of the #2 zones.
    the last crash coming out of Tinker wasn't an engine falling off,
    It was a jet fighter that Crashed into a farm house north of 23 at Air Depot....maybe 200 yards to the north of the Guard Armory.
    THe house was occupied and one person died. The pilot ejected safely.

6. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Whats the story behind the crash north of 29th Street between Douglas and Midwest Blvd.

The crash on 29th.
    Well that I must say was while I was over seas. I will have to ask around a bit to find someone that knows the real story.
    I gather Im makin sense this morning??????????????/lol/jking

8. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

HAHA, gotcha.

9. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

It was a good 40-50 years ago when the Glennwood crash happened. Single engine fighters came through here more than they do now. I don't consider it even a close comparison to the traffic of today. Reliablility in the old WW2 style aircraft isn't what it is now. Plus the aircraft here are coming here to be serviced, not beacuse they can't make it from one base to the next.

And if I remember right, there was bad weather that night as well.

"remember" being from what I was told since my parents were still in high school or something then.

10. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Well then... I think it sucks that we can't use that land... I wish there were a way to just put up an attractive brick wall to hide all the ugliness. Make visitors wonder whats behind it.

11. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

They do military exercises on the land all the time. It's not an unused piece of land, it's just not used by the public.

We even had a campout there for my Weblows (sp?) group one year. I think they called it Weblow's Woods or something. It was a weekend thing with all kinds of fun stuff to do while you camped. It moved around, and one year it was in Glenwood. Have to say it was weird because everyone would find shells everywhere from the "war games".

Well, back to the original thread.
    The Buffalo hot wings is open for several months and it is just great
    And I notice two things, Tinker hasn't closed and no planes have crashed and burned.

If I might take the thread off course again one more time.

I remember the day when the F-100 crashed into the Glenwood area. It was in October of 1969. I was attending Traub school and, from the playground, saw the huge plume of smoke to the east. My younger brother was on a kindergarten field trip at fire station 3 when they got the call to respond to the crash. He remembers the firemen scrambling to the trucks.

As to the later crash at NE 10th and Douglas Blvd, there is only one thing unusual that I remember of consequence. Listening to the scanner, the Midwest City Police were concerned that equipment from Tinker was needlessly running hot between the crash site and the base. I believe that someone in authority was told to ask (or tell) them to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Well, back to the original thread.
    The Buffalo hot wings is open for several months and it is just great
    And I notice two things, Tinker hasn't closed and no planes have crashed and burned.
    It should also be noted that the Del City Police Department DUI Arrest Quota is breaking records. If this trend continues, they just might use the extra money to send their officers to school to actually learn the laws they enforce.

so what, you got busted and are bitter?

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    It should also be noted that the Del City Police Department DUI Arrest Quota is breaking records. If this trend continues, they just might use the extra money to send their officers to school to actually learn the laws they enforce.
    Excuse me................I thought everyone was against DUI.
    Beside I have it on good authority they havent a DUI quota......They can pop as many drunks as they want..............So I suggest you stay away from sooner road

Nevermind...... apparently some of you need a sense of humor. Not to mention I guess you have never heard of police staking out a bar as means to nail people for DUI the second they pull out of the parking lot.

For the Record... I do not drink, I never fully particpated in the sport of drinking. Three months of spending $40-$50 a night to feel like crap the next day, No Thanks.

I have a sense of humor
    sorry if I missed yours

19. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

sorry, but i dont see a problem with staking out a bar lot. If you want to drink and drive, then by all means, get busted. I'll sleep better knowing they do that rather than not.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    sorry, but i dont see a problem with staking out a bar lot. If you want to drink and drive, then by all means, get busted. I'll sleep better knowing they do that rather than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    short but succinct, my dear you have a way with words.....

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    It should also be noted that the Del City Police Department DUI Arrest Quota is breaking records.
    Sounds to me like the whole City of Del City has a problem if they're busting that many drunk drivers. Good for the DCPD to do something about it. Get those fools off the road before they run into my car.

Called the PD this morning and they reported they got 4 DUI'S last night.
    All of them came from bars in VALLEY BROOK............Im sorry, yes I said VALLEY BROOK.

Thread Information