Widgets Magazine

Thread: 1st edition cafe and espresso bar-Downtown library

Smile 1st edition cafe and espresso bar-Downtown library

Has a new menu, new prices and new management!!! They are now offering more vegitarian delites, and health contientious items. New choices of breads (german rye, honey wheat, wyoming sourdough), new wrap choices (whole wheat and tomato basil). They have also added a breadfast menu as well. Items include sausage and egg croissants, bacon and egg, sausage etc. They have also added their homemade hummus to the menu selection. They are still serving neighbors premium coffees.

Prices- sandwiches have dropped atleast two dollars, and the coffees from .10 to .75

Default Re: 1st edition cafe and espresso bar-Downtown library

Is the food good and fresh?

*We can probably assume it is because you made this thread...

haha yes, my pallet is off today because of sickness i cant get rid of. But I liked the menu changes.

Good. Let's hope they spelled Hemingway's name correctly this time, and added some female authors' names to the mix. HA!!!

I hope the changes aren't too drastic. I really thought some of their sandwiches were quite good, but will admit I found their prices a tad high for that type of lunch.

Will have to check it out next week!

5. Default Re: 1st edition cafe and espresso bar-Downtown library

About time. That place was headed out of business quickly. I'll have to give it another try.

The names will not have changed just the ingredients. Also, the café did not come up with the names it was the library. If you would like to see female authors ya have to go through them. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdavies View Post
    The names will not have changed just the ingredients. Also, the café did not come up with the names it was the library. If you would like to see female authors ya have to go through them. haha
    I sent an email to a Ms. C McDaniel at the library on August 22 of last year after I first went to 1st addition. I complained at that time I thought it strange that no female authors were represented on the menu. This is a nit-picky thing that I have, but seemed appropriate to at least open the dialog. Of course, I never heard back from her.

I didn't notice that day that Hemingway's name was misspelled until I went there a second time. Really sad for a menu in a library to have misspelt the name of arguably the U.S.'s most noted author.

(Can you tell I'm a literature nerd?)

8. Default Re: 1st edition cafe and espresso bar-Downtown library

Well, there's the first problem - they let the library call the shots on their menu.

As a business owner I would have told them to let me run my own business or no thank you.

great point...totally agree!!

I've never really seen the problem (other than spelling), their sister cafe at the history center has the same type of theme. Naming the sandwiches after historical figures in Oklahoma history. Jumper you had a chance to go by yet?

11. Default Re: 1st edition cafe and espresso bar-Downtown library

Jumper you had a chance to go by yet?
    I'm usually in the library in the morning before court. I've been wanting to step in though at lunch (not a coffee drinker). I'm going to try the next jury week to take the wife for a sandwich.

I did however hear that one of their employees has left to start a new coffee place on Broadway next to one of the bike stores. That is just around the corner from Java Dave's - YIKES! Anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by BailJumper View Post
    I'm usually in the library in the morning before court. I've been wanting to step in though at lunch (not a coffee drinker). I'm going to try the next jury week to take the wife for a sandwich.

I did however hear that one of their employees has left to start a new coffee place on Broadway next to one of the bike stores. That is just around the corner from Java Dave's - YIKES! Anyone confirm?
    I heard the same thing about a new coffee shop next to Bicycle Alley on Broadway. Not sure about opening date.

More than likely, it's the coffee shop Bicycle Alley is planning on having, Schlegel's had/has one planned as well, I don't really think it will hurt Java Daves. Oh, FYI Bicycle Alley has moved into their new space next door.

Thread Information