Widgets Magazine

Thread: any good places around lincoln and tenth

Default any good places around lincoln and tenth

starving student wants good and unique food.

Default Re: any good places around lincoln and tenth

There's a good BBQ JOINT called "Happy Hog BBQ." Look it up. If you go there, get the CHICKEN DINNER. The best, juiciest, flavorful chicken you'll ever eat!

nice, what else is there? need more suggestions pweaze.

Bobo's on the weekends (23rd E of MLK)

Leo's BBQ

Deep Deuce Bar & Grill

Java Dave's

good list. i have no idea what bobo's is. any oustanding ethnic cuisines that aren't asian? i really appreciate mom and pop, in the hole type places.

Bobo's is open from around 7pm to 4am on Fridays and Saturdays on 23rd in between the Governor's Mansion and MLK Blvd. (South side of 23rd)

It's pretty much a concession trailer that sells only three items: Wings & Things, Catfish & Things, and Shrimp & Things. Things = fries and fried biscuits. The wings are what they are most famous for. They're smoked and then fried. Then they get sprinkled with 'spice' and drizzled in honey. How can you go wrong there?

There's an empty lot which the trailer sets up in and the rest of the space is parking. Expect a long line around 2am-close, as people who are out and about stop by for some late night cravings. You'll see people sitting on/in their cars eating and socializing. People from every race/walk of life go there, so there's no need to be afraid.

Happy eating!

It's definitely a hole in the wall type place. I'd consider it somewhat ethnic and not Asian. Not sure about the relation of the people who own it, but you could consider it 'Mom & Pop'.

hell yeah..it's ghetto chicken at it's finest....the most flavorful chicken and fries...bang for your buck!

9. Default Re: any good places around lincoln and tenth

Yeah, definitely ethnic and definitely non-Asian.

10. Default Re: any good places around lincoln and tenth

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Bobo's is open from around 7pm to 4am on Fridays and Saturdays on 23rd in between the Governor's Mansion and MLK Blvd. (South side of 23rd)

It's pretty much a concession trailer that sells only three items: Wings & Things, Catfish & Things, and Shrimp & Things. Things = fries and fried biscuits. The wings are what they are most famous for. They're smoked and then fried. Then they get sprinkled with 'spice' and drizzled in honey. How can you go wrong there?

There's an empty lot which the trailer sets up in and the rest of the space is parking. Expect a long line around 2am-close, as people who are out and about stop by for some late night cravings. You'll see people sitting on/in their cars eating and socializing. People from every race/walk of life go there, so there's no need to be afraid.

Happy eating!
    Heeeey...I like to eat and socialize. Why in the world have I never heard of this?

I'm going to have to try it some time.

Thanks!

I know it has been said already but George's Happy Hog BBQ is the best BBQ in that area. They are prob my 2nd choice to Steve's Rib in the whole OKC area... The ribs are big, you can get a big brisket sandwich for about $3.75 with chips, or order off the kids menu and get rib ends and a side for $4.

If you like spicy, you have to try their hot bbq sauce.

Java Daves is good, but I wouldn’t say cheap. Also there is a pizza place and a deli over there by Happy Hog but I have never been to them.

I forgot about Quiznos. Not mom and pop but I love that place

I love Bobo's chicken! My friend sometimes bring it to work and I eat like 3 or 4 chicken, it is very good!

Thread Information