Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westgate Marketplace

Default Re: Westgate Marketplace

Well, I'm glad to see Odom taking pride in the Southside. Hey, it even rhymes.

Seems like he has and is going to have some quality developments.

Patrick, FYI I posted that article that you linked like two spots up from your reply.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Maybe we can have Odom get into downtown, he's perfect. He has the resources, his family has been in town for centuries, he is dedicated to OKC... perfect.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    Patrick, FYI I posted that article that you linked like two spots up from your reply.
    LOL! Thanks! I guess I could've referred Nick up there!

The Journal Record reported Tuesday that there will be a Rapido Rabbit Car Wash added to this area sometime this year. The soon to be first nationwide car wash chain just opened there first of 5 metro locations on NW Expressway just west of Rockwell. FYI, i went there and it wasnt worth it, unless its extremely cold and you dont want to get out of your car, in that case it is. I'm a car fanatic and show cars but it missed several spots. The cool thing is the have free vaccums so you can make sure to get everything vaccummed. They are high power too.

Patrick Guest

metro, I went by there yesterday and saw it open for the first time......so is it just a drive thru car wash? That's all I saw on the property. I don't see the real difference between this and the drive thru at your local Shell station. Can you fill us in a little more on what's so special about these car washes?
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-19-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Jay Guest

Default Rapid Rabbit

It actually works a little different than the gas station car wash. You pull into the car wash park on a track. You put your car in neutral and the track system pulls you through the car wash. This system enables the car wash to move several cars through simultaneously. This makes the wait in line little or no time at all for a wash. It cleans like an average automated car wash. I have yet to see an automatic car wash that cleans as good as the coin operated spray car washes.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

These car washes are a perfect example of our modern world. You pay a machine.

Patrick, yes it is a drive thru but like they mentioned you park on a track. Its a little better than the gas station washes, its brushless and gets it more clean and the vaccums that dry your car are much better. also you can use the free high powered vaccuums after your done

Patrick Guest

Thanks for the explanation guys. I suppose I'll have to give it a shot next time I'm around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    I don't believe names have been announced yet. This will be one heck of a development once it's completed though....well over 1 million total square feet, making it the largest non-mall retail strip center in the metro. When I hear any details, I'll try to post them!

When is this Westgate Marketplace, suppose to be completely finished????

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BricktownGuy
    When is this Westgate Marketplace, suppose to be completely finished????
    That's a good question that I don't think anyone has the answer to. I suppose when they lease all of the land in the complex!!!

I'm sure Patrick is right. If anyone knew the exact time frame and tenants, one could sure make alot of money as a fortune teller

Patrick Guest

Several years ago people were asking when Perimeter Center would be finished. That place still isn't finished, although development has stopped in recent years. Anyways, land is still vailable for development there.

I'd imagine Westgate will be similar, only it's a retail center.

This place is continuing to fill up. I drove by today and noticed a GNC, Cold Stone Creamery, pretty much every cell phone provider and a few small shops had added to the center. It also appears ground leveling and the old gas station been torn down on the SW corner of the I-40 and Rockwell area is taking place. There is a huge sign up asking for free fill dirt. Anyone know if they are going to build more retail??

Just an update. There are several more new outparcels being developed. Don't know what they are yet. Best Buy is coming along well. Harley Davidson has most of the steel frame up now, although we got jipped in the design/size than was first proposed. It won't be as big/tall as the nice new ones with the two story glass lobbies like you see in Dallas or other cities like was first proposed for this one.

Not sure if anyone has drove by lately. Best Buy is near complete, the Harley Davidson World is coming right along and many outparcels (perhaps retail and restaurants are going up)

18. Default Re: Westgate Marketplace

Speaking of Best Buy...

There is/was a billboard on the crosstown advertising two new store openings. One was the MWC one, and the other said NW 3rd in Oklahoma City.

What store would that be???

it is that store its open now

20. Default Re: Westgate Marketplace

Hmmm.

I guess that would be 3rd St.

21. Default Re: Westgate Marketplace

Yeah, third is pretty much the Westgate road. I really hope they rework the traffic there, it's a mess.

There really is alot of new stand alone boxes popping up in here besides the ones announced. Harley Davidson, etc. I drove by many of them but they didn't have a construction or "coming soon" sign out. Anyone know what the latest additions are?

Question Re: Westgate Marketplace

What is the new building going up in between Texas Roadhouse and Applebee's? It looks like a restaurant.

It is a Chinese restaurant/buffet

Anyone happen to notice another section of Westgate Market Place is opening on the Southside of I-40 south of Garden Ridge?

Thread Information