Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 33rd & Broadway building

Default 33rd & Broadway building

Does anyone know what business is building on the corner NE corner of 33rd & Broadway? A building with a drive thru has been put up where the old Carl's Jr. was. There is no sign that we can see.

2. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

I don't know what that small building will be but behind it in the old Walmart building will be a two story Indoor mall and a Hobby Lobby.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

As Karrie said, a Hobby Lobby will take up part fo the space.

Also, the small building is the rebuilding of the Carls Jr. Carls Jr is just remodeling the building and will be back there.

Other tenants include Zida, a women’s accessory and jewelry store; Bella Strada, salon and spa; Starbucks, and Subway. Corporate offices for Carl’s Jr. will be in the second story of the office building.

what he's talking about is a small building just north of where the old Carls Jr used to be... this is different from the the new Carls Jr...

Yeah, you're right. Carls Jr is to the east. I haven't been up there for a week or so, so I just saw the building this evening when I went up there. Someone told me it was going to be a Church's, but that doesn't sound right to me.

Yeah Patrick, the new Carl's Jr is already open, there is another similar building under construction due north as OkieHornet said. My money is that it will be a new building for the Burger King which is just due north of this new building under construction. The developers of this site seem to be set on an Tuscan Italian look and you can already see that with the new Carl's Jr. It may be part of the deal to continue leasing space on the site that the free parcel restaurants all be a uniform look. That's where my money is at if I was a betting man although I could be wrong.

Yeah metro, it's all supposed to have a Mediterranean look:

NewsOK: Cornering the market<br/><span class='hl2'>Developers envision gateway to Edmond at Shoppes on Broadway</span>

I'll see if I can track down the building permit for that new building to the north.

The building on the corner should be the Starbucks, as they'll be located on the corner. It could be the 'new' BK, but I know the developer is donating a bit of the corner property to the city to make a dedicated turn lane onto North bound Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The building on the corner should be the Starbucks, as they'll be located on the corner. It could be the 'new' BK, but I know the developer is donating a bit of the corner property to the city to make a dedicated turn lane onto North bound Broadway.

Yeah, it's going to be a Starbucks....I went back through and read all of the Edmond City Planning meeting minutes.

Cool. That makes sense too, and I'm glad to see them do the right thing and donate some land they won't need anyways to greatly relieve traffic at that intersection. One thing Edmond never did right was plan for growth. At least now Edmond is heading in the right direction.

Edmond has planned better than any City in the metro.

I talked to someone at another starbucks in edmond and they said they the company was pulling out of the location.

13. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

That's surprising . . the new one next to Santa Fe high School seems to be endlessly packed.. of course a great majority of the customers are high schoolers... everyday I see students walking to and fro holding Starbucks cups.

I'm just amazed that their parents give them the money to drop $4- $10 a day or more on coffee drinks.... I'm thankful I have boys who could care less about 'frou-frou' drinks.

Typical Edmond snobs. Edmond soccer moms give their kids anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jsenter View Post
    Typical Edmond snobs. Edmond soccer moms give their kids anything.
    Wow, jealous much?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage_Kage View Post
    I talked to someone at another starbucks in edmond and they said they the company was pulling out of the location.
    I seriously doubt they'd pull out of a location at the busiest intersection in Edmond.

17. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

Quote Originally Posted by Rage_Kage View Post
    Maybe because of this:

Starbucks closing 100 stores.

18. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

Smart guy.

High priced coffee drinks might be classified as a luxury.. not good when the economy tanks.

I wish they'd rebuild the burger king...its pretty rundown looking and outdated...

Also, whats the deal with hobby Lobby moving...they've already moved once from Mardel location to where they are now? I am glad to hear that they already have tenants for these locations but it stinks that there is so much empty space in other parts of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by gsan View Post
    Edmond has planned better than any City in the metro.
    Yes, from the last several years going forward, but not decades ago to plan for the growth we see today. There is no major expressway or highway going through Edmond either North South or East West. I don't consider Broadway a major expressway with stoplights about every half mile or less and a speed limit of 35-40mph and dead ending at Danforth. I'm talking about a NW Expressway or Hefner Parkway type roadway to move masses of people through it.

21. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

Edmond does not need an interstate--excuse me, freeway--running through it.

And since when does NWE not have tons of lights? I see little difference between Broadway and NWE.

22. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

There is no major expressway or highway going through Edmond either North South or East West.
    Can we count I-35?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Edmond does not need an interstate--excuse me, freeway--running through it.

And since when does NWE not have tons of lights? I see little difference between Broadway and NWE.
    Faster speed limit, more and better turn lanes at major intersections, a few less frequent stops. No major expressway really runs east and west either besides the turnpike which is really south of Edmond for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Can we count I-35?
    I suppose you can if you want. I don't consider it a major thoroughfare for one to commute through Edmond. It's a major highway alright (Perhaps the secondmost in the U.S.), although I don't feel that East Edmond (meaning east of I35) is really developed and congested to a fraction of the extent "west Edmond" or "central Edmond" is. The people commuting on Broadway or 33rd, 15th or 2nd, aren't the same people on average as people driving on I-35.

We should get a strip club set up on that corner.

Thread Information