Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 33rd & Broadway building

Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

Quote Originally Posted by 6string79 View Post
    We should get a strip club set up on that corner.
    The developer has stressed "upscale" since buying the property.
    What would be the benefit of a strip club? Although I've never been a supporter, lately they have been nothing more than breeding grounds for public shootings and parents leaving their chidren in the car while they visit the establishment.

Thumbs up Re: 33rd & Broadway building

Quote Originally Posted by NE Oasis View Post
    The developer has stressed "upscale" since buying the property.
    What would be the benefit of a strip club? Although I've never been a supporter, lately they have been nothing more than breeding grounds for public shootings and parents leaving their chidren in the car while they visit the establishment.

Public shootings can happen anywhere. I don't see anything wrong with a Gentlemen's club so that guys can be guys. Just because parents leave their children in their cars..does not mean that it's correlated to strip clubs. Irresponsible parents do that just about anywhere...i.e. gas stations, malls, grocery stores.

3. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

Metro, what city of 75,000 has (or needs) a freeway running right through the middle? Especially one that wasn't already there as part of a greater network of freeways or interstates.

I-35 is like Hefner Parkway. Broadway is like NWE. The major streets like 33rd, 15th, and 2nd Street are like May Ave., MacArthur, and Rockwell. I don't see the difference here.

Broadway, 35, and Portland all lead into Edmond, fof the most part.

6. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

If I have read correctly, I-35 and Covell is the approximate geographical center of Edmond, so we do in fact have a "freeway" running through the center of town. Furthermore, once or if all of the major projects announced along the I-35 corridor get built, it will look as if this is true as well. I imagine in a decade or so, Arcadia will be swallowed up in development and and things wont look amazingly different than if 235 kept going north though Edmond.

7. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

That's what Aubrey McClendon's praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal View Post
    If I have read correctly, I-35 and Covell is the approximate geographical center of Edmond, so we do in fact have a "freeway" running through the center of town. Furthermore, once or if all of the major projects announced along the I-35 corridor get built, it will look as if this is true as well. I imagine in a decade or so, Arcadia will be swallowed up in development and and things wont look amazingly different than if 235 kept going north though Edmond.
    Yes, in the future, but I'm talking decades ago they didn't plan for the explosive growth they've seen. They need an "outer loop" from say I-35 west near 2nd and connecting back with Memorial or the turnpike near Hefner Parkway. Most cities have an inner and outer loop. Some argue we have only one loop, if you count the turnpike. Growth is so sprawled north, we definitely need, and will need another outer loop.

9. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

An Edmond outer loop will only encourage even more sprawl north and west.

I could see Covell developing as somewhat of an 'outer-loop' from 35 W to Portland. Especially with the 35 & Covell project/convention center, the soon to be RR underpass, the Covell & Kelly area, plus the work currently being done on SH74.

If nothing else, it will be a suburban version of NWEXPY.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yes, from the last several years going forward, but not decades ago to plan for the growth we see today. There is no major expressway or highway going through Edmond either North South or East West. I don't consider Broadway a major expressway with stoplights about every half mile or less and a speed limit of 35-40mph and dead ending at Danforth. I'm talking about a NW Expressway or Hefner Parkway type roadway to move masses of people through it.
    I completely agree metro. I am planning on moving back to Edmond soon and will avoid moving too far north as driving through Edmond takes forever. The city's answer to traffic problems is to just add more lights on major streets. I don't think they need a freeway, but you have to be kidding to compare BWE to NWE...NWE does not have lights every half mile, or in the case of 33rd to 15th street in Edmond, 4 lights in one mile.

12. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

I live in South Edmond and I don't have many traffic issues. (Except near Quail Springs ).

I have to agree somewhat about the traffic further North. I hate driving near 2nd and Bryant.. that area is always pretty congested.

After looking for acreage forever, North Edmond .. ie Deer Creek or east of 35, we always consider the traffic and change our mind and decide to stay put due to the location.

When more amenities are in place near or east of 35 - North of Lake Arcadia .. ie shopping, restaurants etc, I think that is when we will move and where we will end up. We can hop right on 35. I love the trees and don't like all the new developments and the sprawl in West Edmond near Deer Creek.. and I dislike the wide open flat plains with no trees.

Hopefully, the traffic concerns are being addressed.. everytime I drive anywhere in Edmond, someone is tearing up the roads and working on them ... widening etc.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Going back to my original question....This past Sunday I heard from a local Subway manager that the building is going to be another Subway with a double drive-thru. When I drove by the building today I could only determine one drive-thru. Wondering if the Subway is going up around there, but somewhere else... Do we have a definite answer on what the building is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbells View Post
    Do we have a definite answer on what the building is going to be?
    Starbucks.

Things have really started to take shape quickly there, it's looking good!

15. Default Re: 33rd & Broadway building

It has certainly moved faster than the other Edmond retail developments, including the controversial Fox Lake Plaza (which has done nothing but play sandbox) and The Bridges at Spring Creek (which has done nothing as far as I can tell).

Quote Originally Posted by 6string79 View Post
    We should get a strip club set up on that corner.

Strip club in Edmond?!? Right after hell freezes over. Just like the previous post about shootings and parents leaving their kids in the car. That's how they all think.

I sure wouldn't mind one though.

I did hear they are putting a gentelman's club on Memorial & Portland though. Any truth to that? (Sorry way off topic)

Quote Originally Posted by bretthexum View Post
    I did hear they are putting a gentelman's club on Memorial & Portland though. Any truth to that? (Sorry way off topic)
    FWIW, I've heard rumors of one on Memorial, just W of the FBI building on the empty lot that is in front of the storage units?

Thread Information