Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Building in West End Pointe

Default Re: New Building in West End Pointe

I was told by a waiter at Carino's that a Outback was going in.

Does anybody know what is going up next to the Canadian Valley Hospital, behind Jonny Carino's? I hear SuperTarget and stuff, but i never hear any official announcment. You would think somebody would know since the building is started. I just haven't seen anything in the Mustang paper.

Ok, the mysterious building that made me start this thread is a Holiday Inn Express. I must say it looks like it will be nice too. Also, I think they are starting on Target, it's behind Joe Cooper. There is a strip center going up next to the (crappy) theatre.

Does anyone know what they are doing with the old Denny's building on Mustang Rd.? They have repainted it, and are working inside. I hope they are redoing the Denny's.

Don't know about the Denny's, but on Gulf Coast Commercial's web site they have a brochure showing a Target going directly behind Rib Crib and the JC Penney behind Carino's is labeled "pending". Just wandering if it will be a Super Target.

The old denny's on Mustang Rd. is going to be a Chequers(sp?) restaurant & pub.
    And there is an IHOP going in behind McDonalds next to Homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    The old denny's on Mustang Rd. is going to be a Chequers(sp?) restaurant & pub.
    And there is an IHOP going in behind McDonalds next to Homeland.
    IHOP!!!!! Is this confirmed?

I live in Mustang and drive up Mustang Rd. everyday. The IHOP sign is up and construction has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    I live in Mustang and drive up Mustang Rd. everyday. The IHOP sign is up and construction has begun.
    Awesome! I guess I missed that. IHOP has the best breakfast.

It's official, Target and Penney's have their signs up!!!!

All right, something other than Wal-Mart close by, it's about time. i just wish Target would allow bell ringers at Christmas, i guess i will save that for another thread. I don't think they can build it fast enough for me.

It looks like the Target isn't going to be a Super Target. I noticed the sign doesn't say Super Target like the one on I-35 and the one on Memorial.

Maybe the sign is not big enough for the word super. Or maybe they made the words too big for the sign?

Quote Originally Posted by justinm View Post
    It looks like the Target isn't going to be a Super Target. I noticed the sign doesn't say Super Target like the one on I-35 and the one on Memorial.
    Hopefully if it's not a SuperTarget, it will at least be as big as the Target on Rockwell or May & NW 50th. They are really nice, just not SuperTargets. Hopefully it will be a SuperTarget. Anything will be Super compared to the Yukon Wal-Mart. I don't care how many times they remodel it, it's still a dump! They need to think about building a new one.

Personally i think the only way target will truly be a success in yukon is if they had a full grocery store too... i mean i imagine for some it would be a pain in the butt to drive to target to get half their items and then somewhere else for groceries.. i really hope that they do groceries. That would really push walmart to do something better too...

stupid dickinson theater... sorry had to come out again

I agree 100%. I think the grocery stores in Yukon are terrible and was really hoping that the Target would be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock4869 View Post

stupid dickinson theater... sorry had to come out again
    That theater is a joke! Waste of land.

I agree w/ Clock on the Target. Yukon could really use a nice grocery store (Williams I think is better than Albertson's, but still not good enough) and the Super Target would have been perfect.

I don't understand the movie theatres in Yukon. Sometimes Dickinson has the new movies and sometimes the old one does.

I am also sick of all the strip malls in that area....

Don't forget Pets mart is going too. I can't wait until IHOP opens but it looks small.

Thread Information