Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Building in West End Pointe

Default New Building in West End Pointe

Does anyone know what is being built in West End Pointe? It's down past Chili's on the corner with the new stop light. It looks like it may be a restaurant. Also, anyone know what else is planned for this area? I saw they have started on the Target.

Default Re: New Building in West End Pointe

Where is the Target?

I'm really intersted in all of this construction too... on a side note i think i know which one you are talking about.. it looks like its at two stories right now so i was assuming it was going to be a hotel.. are there plans for a target in that area?

4. Default Re: New Building in West End Pointe

Is there plans for a target in that area? Also I thought that two story building was going to be the new Harley Davidson Store?

Hmmmmmm.....Interesting.....

i think the harley davidson store is off of i-40 and macarthur...

The Target is supposedly going in between Rib Crib and Yukon National. It looks like they are starting on it. I'm not 100% positive that is the final location. There was also talk of it going behind Joe Cooper. They are widening 10th street to 4 lanes as part of the deal. I've heard rumors of a JC Penney also.

COOL!! i hope all this happens.. and i hope we don't get screwed like we did with that theater.. that is a poor excuse for a theater they put up....

I'm very disappointed in the theater also. Yukon has so much potential in that area, and that was just a waste. I'm sure if that new building is a hotel, it will be some slum.

A Target would be nice, give Wal-Mart some competition.

Mike

I found this Gulf Coast Commercial web site. No reference to Target. A friend of a friend at Yukon city hall was also claiming Target was coming. Who knows. You would think if they had a Target it would be promoted on their site.
    Gulf Coast Commercial Group

CB Richard Ellis actually has the listing on the property where Super Target is supposed to go. Gulf Coast bought the property on the west side of Garth Brooks. That's not where Super Target is/was supposed to go. Gulf Coast bought that land a few years ago and hasn't done anything with it.

That's the best info. I have. If anyone else has better info feel free to correct me. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    Does anyone know what is being built in West End Pointe? It's down past Chili's on the corner with the new stop light. It looks like it may be a restaurant. Also, anyone know what else is planned for this area? I saw they have started on the Target.
    If I understand what you are referring to correctly, it's a Dental Depot.

I haven't heard anything in awhile from the Yukon/Mustang area so i thought i'd add something that was probably obvious to everybody, but i called the yukon chamber of commerce and they said that a super target is definitely coming.. they said that was the reason that 10th street is being expanded. Target agreed to come only when that road was expanded to 4 lanes apparently... anyone hear about anything else coming to that area or any other areas of yukon?

The Journal Record ran the following on October 5, 2007:

"Additionally, rumors are circulating once again that Super Target may finally land in Yukon. While numerous sites have been rumored for the retailer, the latest scuttlebutt has Super Target anchoring a larger power center that will be located on the west side of Garth Brooks, just south of Interstate 40. While a couple of pad sites have already been developed with Johnny Carino's and The Rib Crib restaurants, the remainder of the development will supposedly be anchored by Super Target and several other big box retailers. Of course, rumors of Super Target's entry into Yukon have persisted for over six years, but do not be surprised if these rumors come true at some point as Yukon's steady growth continues."

Better hope comes from the site plan for Czech Hall Village which is copied on the okmet site:

Czech Hall Village - Oklahoma Metropolii

The Czech Hall Village site just does not look like anything is happening at all. The large For Sale signs seem to be current for the property and there is no sign of surveying, utility markings etc. It just seems like the Garth Brooks area would be the obvious place. I also heard from a friend that lives near Reno & Czech Hall that Wal-Mart had made an offer of 15 million to the farmer on the SE Corner of NW 10 and Garth Brooks for a Sam's Club. He supposedly turned them down. Who knows??? Bring on more restaurants, a Borders or Barnes&Noble. I would love to have a Crest out our way also!! Target will be good competition for Wal-Mart and I would love to have somewhere else to shop for groceries. Is the Williams store basically the same as Albertson's? Great for steaks and seafood and special occasions but for everyday items a little pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by fire121 View Post
    The Czech Hall Village site just does not look like anything is happening at all. The large For Sale signs seem to be current for the property and there is no sign of surveying, utility markings etc. It just seems like the Garth Brooks area would be the obvious place. I also heard from a friend that lives near Reno & Czech Hall that Wal-Mart had made an offer of 15 million to the farmer on the SE Corner of NW 10 and Garth Brooks for a Sam's Club. He supposedly turned them down. Who knows??? Bring on more restaurants, a Borders or Barnes&Noble. I would love to have a Crest out our way also!! Target will be good competition for Wal-Mart and I would love to have somewhere else to shop for groceries. Is the Williams store basically the same as Albertson's? Great for steaks and seafood and special occasions but for everyday items a little pricey.
    A Sam's would be great! I heard that a JC Penney is to be going in also. If a big Target is coming in, Wal-Mart will need to do something. That Wal-Mart is a slum! I agree that a B&N would be a great addition! It would be nice to have a full shopping center like most cities are getting right here in Yukon.

Target should be finished by Oct 2008 and JC Penny is also coming.

Is it on Czech Hall or Garth Brooks?

It is on Garth Brooks, by the Joe Cooper Ford and Rib Crib.

They were trying to get a new super Wal Mart in OKC between OKC and Yukon city limits and make the old Wal mart store a Sams Club. The deal did not happen. They also tried to Crest foods here as well and that did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCREALESTATEGUY View Post
    They were trying to get a new super Wal Mart in OKC between OKC and Yukon city limits and make the old Wal mart store a Sams Club. The deal did not happen. They also tried to Crest foods here as well and that did not happen.
    You seem to know what's goin on out here. What else do you know?

I have nothing to report at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCREALESTATEGUY View Post
    I have nothing to report at this time.
    Keep us posted! Thanks for your information!

I heard Crest Foods was going to build on the NW corner of Hwy 66 & Mustang Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by KMac View Post
    I heard Crest Foods was going to build on the NW corner of Hwy 66 & Mustang Rd.
    Thats what I was told to, but things did not work out. We will see.

Thread Information