Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 1492

Default Re: 1492

Like others have posted before 1492 is one of our favorite spots for dinner, but we had not yet been to the new Casady Square location. So, by chance we were in the area Friday night, and decided to stop for dinner. The décor and atmosphere was great, and the food was fabulous as always. But moreso than the great food, was the service we received by our wait staff. About mid way through or dinner, even my wife commented on how badass our waiter was. Not so much just the attention he gave, but in how he interacted with the two of us in providing us a good dining experience. I honestly cannot remember having a better waiter. Ever. In any restaurant of any kind, anywhere. So, mad props to 1492, and this guy in particular. Paco was his name, if you ever have a chance to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Like others have posted before 1492 is one of our favorite spots for dinner, but we had not yet been to the new Casady Square location. So, by chance we were in the area Friday night, and decided to stop for dinner. The décor and atmosphere was great, and the food was fabulous as always. But moreso than the great food, was the service we received by our wait staff. About mid way through or dinner, even my wife commented on how badass our waiter was. Not so much just the attention he gave, but in how he interacted with the two of us in providing us a good dining experience. I honestly cannot remember having a better waiter. Ever. In any restaurant of any kind, anywhere. So, mad props to 1492, and this guy in particular. Paco was his name, if you ever have a chance to stop by.

OMG, I had no idea they had opened one at Penn and Britton! Thank you so much for your post! I will be going, and asking for Paco.

1492 is definitely one of my favorite Mexican joints. I really need to try the new location soon. I live only about a mile or so away.

Finally went, agree about the service, can't remember our waiter's name (he was fairly tall and just a bigger guy than most), but he rocked! Had seafood enchiladas (waiter said he got them all the time, his fave dish there), can't remember what the wife had, but it was so good, glad they finally opened there, will be going back as often as we can afford it...

5. Default Re: 1492

We were looking for a place to have a last minute birthday dinner for a friend with a large group, and day of we were able to not only get in here, but put us in their private dining room. Our servers and food were all great.

Tried it last night and the food was amazing. The service was spectacular. It seemed a little busy for a Monday night, but that's wonderful. It reminded my wife and I of our favorite Mexican joint in Dallas called Luna de Noche. Well done!

7. Default Re: 1492

Per a post from Midtown Renaissance, Lori Burson and the Team at Stella will bring a new concept to this location.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8207.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	591.3 KB 
ID:	18720

Fitzsimmons Architects will be working on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Per a post from Midtown Renaissance, Lori Burson and the Team at Stella will bring a new concept to this location.

Name:	IMG_8207.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	591.3 KB 
ID:	18720

Fitzsimmons Architects will be working on this project.
    It looks like it will be a cool restaurant

9. Default Re: 1492

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    It looks like it will be a cool restaurant
    Insightful haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Insightful haha
    I really hope they roll with the placeholder actually name it that.

11. Default Re: 1492

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I really hope they roll with the placeholder actually name it that.
    Honestly I think that would be brilliant to name a restaurant something that would make people laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Honestly I think that would be brilliant to name a restaurant something that would make people laugh.

Name:	thai-food-near-me-1680200522.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	18721

13. Default Re: 1492

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post

Incredible

In Halifax Nova Scotia there was a bar called "My Apartment"......

15. Default Re: 1492

"Restaurants That Take Apple Pay"

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post

holy sh*t

Thread Information