Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some OKC photos.

Default Some OKC photos.

Hey guys. I had some friends up this weekend and I showed them around the city. Here are some photos that I took. Hope you enjoy.

Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Outstanding !

Thank you for these impressive shots of OKC, soonerfever. I wish you would consider posting them on skyscraperpage.com, which features pictues of cities across the nation and world.

4. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Very nice!

5. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Beautiful photos! I love it when people capture the beauty of our city. It's amazing how you sometimes take it for granted and then you see pics like these and it brings it all home..... how far we've come and how much pride there is in the city.

I agree with the skyscraper... It's nationwide. People love to see OKC on there.. it always surprises them, lol

SkyscraperPage.com or
    OKLAHOMA!!! City - SkyscraperPage Forum
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

6. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Soonerfever, those are outstanding pics! The quality of resolution, composition, and scene selection heaves you to the top of the picture-taking class! Very well done!

Great job on the photos. Looks like you did right in capturing the city sites.

8. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Doug, do you have any shots of a crowded Downtown/Bricktown area ( maybe a Hornet's game).... the thread on Skyscraper has many comments about our city looking barren with no people. I've seen pics before with tons of people - I think they were your.

excellent. can we add any to our wikipedia page too? that needs some work!

10. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Great pics. I especially love the close up of the dome at night.

These are terrific shots!

I especially like the evening pictures in Bricktown, and I'm also with jbrown on that picture of the dome. You really have a talent.
    What type of camera did you use to take these, if you don't mind me asking?

Outstanding!

And by all means, please post them on the OKC Talk Photos tab when you have the chance! These are exactly the kind of photos that folks that visit this site should have to view!

Thanks guys for the comments. I have taken your advice and posted a thread on skycraperpage.com. Here is the link if any of you guys want to take a look or add anything else. I did a little search (not extensive) and there really isn't much on OKC out there. Maybe that something some of us can work on.

This is...Oklahoma City. - SkyscraperPage Forum

I am going to try and work on the OKC wiki page and I will also work on getting these photos as well as others posted on the OKC Talk photos tab.

As for you, CrimsonOberon, I have a Sony Cybershot DSN-N50. Its nothing special. I have just got the setting just right and a good tripod always help.

Thanks guys!

14. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

So frustrating.. I tried to register again since my original email is no more and I can't use Hotmail or Cox to register! ugh. I wanted to put a link to the Thread you started above in the Link I suggested originally.

I think if you post your pics there or at least the link to your Thread, it would be very beneficial.

15. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Nevermind.. I added the link .. thanks for the pics.. love them!

16. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

I did a little work on the OKC wikipedia today.

Anyone have any photos of a lot of people mingling around bricktown/CBD like new years, st pattys parade, big 12 championships etc? I was reading that thread, and those people need to see that we arent barren!

18. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

I have some that I have yet to upload.

jbrown84, I am having problems getting multiple pictures of the OKC skyline on wikipedia. I was wanting to put some more pics next to yours at the top but I am having problems. The only thing I can do is replace yours, which I don't want to do. Any ideas?

Thanks.

20. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Feel free to put yours up instead. Anything but that awful quality pic that was up before. I didn't want to use yours because of their copyright issues, but I think the one with the river in the foreground is really nice, but I'd crop it to highlight the skyline with the river for this context.

21. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Is anybody seeing the changes to the wikipedia page?
    Wikipedia: OKC

I did a lot of editing (mainly new pictures) at work, but when I got home and went to the page none of it was still there. When I logged in however, the changes were back.

You should see this image as the main image:

22. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Sweet! Very nice job JBrown!

23. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

So was it there? The changes?

24. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Doug, do you have any shots of a crowded Downtown/Bricktown area ( maybe a Hornet's game).... the thread on Skyscraper has many comments about our city looking barren with no people. I've seen pics before with tons of people - I think they were your.

I'll see. But, very often (like this mid-afternoon) I take pics when there are NOT a lot of people around so that the archetecture, floura and fauna receive the attention! Probably the "Hot August Night" post I did in August 2006 shows some people ...

Edited after looking: Nope, that post didn't have many people ... most of it was taken from a canal boat. I don't think that I can help with your request, other than the many Hornets game pics. If you want to use any of them, please feel free.

The 1st season pics are here: Hornets 2005-2006 Home Game Pics In Oklahoma City

I didn't take all that many in the 2nd season and I didn't post many that I did take, but some are here:

October 2006: Doug Dawgz Blog: Hornets October 2006
    Last week 2007: Doug Dawgz Blog: Hornets Last Week

Now, were there a way to post my 9 minute (approx) Hornets 2 Year Commemorative Flash File, that would be the cat's meow! It comes complete with music and built-in tears! But, I know that's not possible. It is called, quite appropriately, "The Replacement."

It's here: Doug Dawgz Blog: Okc Hornets Retrospective

25. Default Re: Some OKC photos.

Jbrown???
    did u edit the skool section???
    bcause Southeast High used to be on there, i dont think you took it off.
    But we are ranked right along Classen in the Nation's top skools,
    but we're like 70 something
    were the third best in the city.
    counting private and special schools.
    grrr!

Thread Information