Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OU might win RR shootout for once.

Default OU might win RR shootout for once.

Texas player becomes 6th Longhorn arrested since June

By JIM VERTUNO, AP Sports Writer
    September 18, 2007

AUSTIN (AP) -- Texas freshman running back James Henry has been charged with two felony counts of obstruction and tampering with evidence, making him the sixth Longhorns player arrested since June.

Henry, who was arrested Monday, is accused of beating up one of the victims of a July home invasion that allegedly involved two other players, Andre Jones and Robert Joseph.

ADVERTISEMENT

Henry was booked into Travis County Jail where his bail was set at $30,000. He was suspended indefinitely from the team, coach Mack Brown said Tuesday.

Henry, who redshirted last season, has played in two games on special teams for the No. 7 Longhorns (3-0).

Austin police learned of Henry's involvement by listening to taped recordings of Joseph's phone calls from jail, said Det. Anthony Bigongiari.

During the investigation of the robbery, one of the victims told police that some of Joseph's friends had assaulted them. In one of the taped phone calls, Henry said he "went over there and whupped" one of the victims, who told police they were thrown on the ground and punching and kicked in the head several times, Bigongiari said.

Henry, who did not participate in the robbery, was charged with tampering because police believe he disposed of a backpack containing items stolen in the home invasion, Bigongiari said.

Police also charged a third person, Eddie Ramirez, who is not a football player, with threatening the victims.

Brown said Henry would have been suspended earlier if the team had known the latest allegations.

"It's unfortunate that we have just been informed of the situation or we would have been able to address it when it allegedly occurred in July," Brown said.

Henry's arrest is the latest trouble for the program. On Monday, Brown reinstated linebacker Sergio Kindle and defensive end Henry Melton, who had been suspended for the first three games because of drunken driving arrests over the summer.

Last week, senior safety Tyrell Gatewood was suspended indefinitely after his arrest on drug charges. Freshman defensive back Ben Wells, who was riding with Gatewood when he was pulled over, was given a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia and released.

Jones remains suspended from the team. Joseph had already left the team before his July arrest because of an earlier incident.

Brown said he is disappointed that the arrests have embarrassed the program but challenged the notion that Texas is riddled with problems.

"Young people who do not obey the law, university or team rules will continue to be disciplined with a stern hand and we will move forward. We continue to have a zero tolerance policy in that regard," Brown said. "I will put our long-term record of character up against anyone, and that's why these situations upset me so much

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

For once? I should remind you that we've won the 5 of the last 6 games.

im not sure what tech school you learned to count at, or is that the fancy OU fan style of counting?

2005 Oklahoma 12 Texas (#2) 45 Dallas
    2006 Oklahoma (#14) 10 Texas (#7) 28 Dallas

rb's right... but 'for once' is stretching it.

1999 L
    2000 W
    2001 W
    2002 W
    2003 W
    2004 W
    2005 L
    2006 L

the sooners are 5-3 vs. texas since stoops became head coach. oh... and i think ou will win this year. texas hasn't shown too much on the field this season.

-M

see, im not always bashing OU - i will say the team looks pretty strong and put together this year while texas doesnt.

maybe thats because all there players are in the penn.

6. Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

I can't wait for this game! I'm really excited. Want to know why I'm the coolest girl in the world? Because I have an extra ticket and a killer rate at the Hilton Anatole.

Sooners are in championship form.
    It should be a good battle.

I say it'll be 31-20, Oklahoma wins!!

i'll go for the free ticket

9. Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

I said extra not free. this is a much coveted ticket, I have a lot of power with it that I must use.....hey I thought you hated OU football?

10. Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

Misty! The Hilton? What? I thought you were engaged to Oh Gawd the Smell?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

11. Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Misty! The Hilton? What? I thought you were engaged to Oh Gawd the Smell?
    Can't a girl use an OU/texas ticket to get some strange in Big D before the wedding? LOL

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    rb's right... but 'for once' is stretching it.

1999 L
    2000 W
    2001 W
    2002 W
    2003 W
    2004 W
    2005 L
    2006 L

the sooners are 5-3 vs. texas since stoops became head coach. oh... and i think ou will win this year. texas hasn't shown too much on the field this season.

-M
    DOH! My memory failed me on the ugly loss in '05. Okay, make that 5 of the last seven and soon-to-be 6 of the last 8 (I'm sure it's better than the Pokes record.)
    Congrats RB, you got one right "for once".

Misty...

How YOU doin'?

13. Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

Can't a girl use an OU/texas ticket to get some strange in Big D before the wedding? LOL
    Of course! I would expect nothing less ....a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! ha.ha...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I said extra not free. this is a much coveted ticket, I have a lot of power with it that I must use.....hey I thought you hated OU football?
    Stuff this good isnt free.

15. Default Re: OU might win RR shootout for once.

I should have some type of contest and the winner gets my ticket. Oh, this could be fun......

It still kills me that the osu board is so pathetic that a known OU hater (not so much an osu fan, just someone incredibly jealous of OU or maybe someone that went to OU) has to resort to coming on the OU board and try and stir up some conversation.

Hey rb, if you are such a big osu fan shouldn't you be more concerned with your teams problems. Things like blocking, covering, holding onto the football, finding a qb that can complete a pass to someone in the same uniform as his, tackling, and not getting your tails kicked by a team that I would venture to bet most people can't locate on a map.

Don't worry about us and texas, we'll be fine. Your boys, on the other hand..........

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn1973 View Post
    -resort to coming on the OU board and try and stir up some conversation.

-Hey rb, if you are such a big osu fan shouldn't you be more concerned with your teams problems. Things like blocking, covering, holding onto the football, finding a qb that can complete a pass to someone in the same uniform as his, tackling, and not getting your tails kicked by a team that I would venture to bet most people can't locate on a map.

-Arent you doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of in this post?

Besides, actually READ my post in this thread - once you do that you'll see I haven’t actually said anything negative about OU.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    see, im not always bashing OU - i will say the team looks pretty strong and put together this year while texas doesnt.

Last edited by rugbybrado; 09-20-2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: for grammar police

Besides, actually READ my post in this thread - once you do that you'll see i havent actually said anything negitive about OU.
    Weren't you pointing out to another poster in a recent thread about how their spelling/grammar reflected poorly on the educational institution?

Quote Originally Posted by ICV View Post
    Weren't you pointing out to another poster in a recent thread about how their spelling/grammar reflected poorly on the educational institution?
    its 7 45a and i havent had any coffee yet, you should really find something better to do in the mornings than play grammar police.

Perhaps you should heed your own advice... I was merely pointing out the irony of you pointing fingers at other posters' grammar while you should have been looking in the mirror all along.

Perhaps you should heed your own advice... I was merely pointing out the irony of you pointing fingers at other posters' grammar while you should have been looking in the mirror all along.
    Im starting to think with all this attention from you, that you may be developing a crush on me.

I'm sorry but im not interested.

Im starting to think with all this attention from you, that you may be developing a crush on me.

I'm sorry but im not interested.
    Are you seeing someone about these delusions?

You can liken the "attention" to how people can't help but turn their attention to a train wreck they are passing by.

Are you seeing someone about these delusions?

You can liken the "attention" to how people can't help but turn their attention to a train wreck they are passing by.
    If anything - read my post in this thread. Some tried to call me out for OU bashing and i havent said anything negitive about OU in this thread. I posted a article that is in your favor and then there was discussion about misty having a extra ticket.

If anything was a trainwreck to this point it was your derailing a decent thread with stuff ive posted in past threads. You're the trainwreck buddy -

im not sure what tech school you learned to count at, or is that the fancy OU fan style of counting?

2005 Oklahoma 12 Texas (#2) 45 Dallas
    2006 Oklahoma (#14) 10 Texas (#7) 28 Dallas

i'll go for the free ticket

Okay, rugby... step away from the ledge... there's no reason to go postal...

hehe. Where's my red pen??

Misty you are right...you have a golden ticket to the road of "who loves me the most" in your hand right now! Have fun with it.

Thread Information