Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OU fans once again show their true colors

Default OU fans once again show their true colors

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a church deacon and University of Oklahoma Sooners fan after officials say he grabbed a University of Texas fan between the legs during a scuffle in an Oklahoma bar.

A couple of months before the annual Red River Shootout between the Sooners and Longhorns, words were exchanged at Henry Hudson's Pub between Allen Beckett, 53, and Brian Thomas. Witnesses said it was because Thomas was wearing a UT T-shirt.

Neither Thomas or Beckett chose to comment, but the police report described what happened to the victim, including graphic details about his injuries that included a torn scrotal sack with partially exposed testicles...

Discuss -

Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

One OU fan. I didn't see any plurality in that article.

Happy hour and wearing a UT shirt in Oklahoma City just doesn't mix very well

Attempt #100 to try and get a rise out of OU fans

Must be difficult for you to not be able to watch your team still playing in January huh?...Stinks that OSU is usually done by Christmas while the big boys are still practicing

Congratulations on beating the fighting Schnellys last week.

Hey, i found a news article about OU fans so i decided to post it in your guys section.

double post

Oh there are a ton of articles about how OU beat the heck out of Miami.

Why not post one of those?

this one just happened to catch my eye.

9. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Happy hour and wearing a UT shirt in Oklahoma City just doesn't mix very well
    No kidding, I had a crew from Austin come up last weekend for the game and one of the bliatches had the nerve to wear a UT shirt, at least it was navy and not burnt orange. I'll admit, I've worn UT shirts to events in Austin even though I'm an OU fan so she could have worn an OU shirt or ANYTHING else but that bliatch came all the way up here and the trip was for my friend Bob who used to play at OU but hasn't been to a game since he played and it was disrespectful of her, in my opinion. And I let her know. If she invited me to a UT game with her I wouldn't wear a damn OU shirt. Stupid girls, I shouldn't have invited the wives anyway, they always just ruin everything. LOL
    Last edited by Misty; 09-12-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: /

Still pretty sad that like most OU fans the guy probably didnt even have a college education, let alone go to OU. You should be able to wear any color or shirt you want to a game or anywhere with out worrying about some idiot assutling you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

11. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

I dare you to go anywhere in Louisiana wearing any shirt other than an LSU or other state university shirt.

Double dog dare ya.
    Still corrupting young minds

I dunno, i went to OSU so i hate Les Miles enough too...

13. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I dare you to go anywhere in Louisiana wearing any shirt other than an LSU or other state university shirt.

Double dog dare ya.
    Oh hell no! I got into a fight with a 5 year old little LSU brat when I was there for the Sugar Bowl a few years ago. Even the 5 year old fans are scary. My friends and I are petrified that we will have to play LSU again this year at the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do it again........

WOW! That is big news! A UT fan had balls?!!!!?!!!!

When you have a winning team, you attract all sorts.

I agree, many OU fans are idiots. The same goes for many OSU fans. The thing is -- I can't understand what would attract someone who never attended Oklahoma State to be a fan of a team which is a perennial loser.

Masochism?

16. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

Underdogism, but mostly, alumnism.

AOL too...

Football Rivalry Sparks Bloody Skirmish - AOL Sports

Makes my balls hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I can't understand what would attract someone who never attended Oklahoma State to be a fan of a team which is a perennial loser.

Masochism?
    Big balls to not be a bandwagoner. Plus thanks to president boone our new stadium and althetic villiage will greatly help out our team.

http://www.osuf.org/graphics/BooneStadium01.jpg

Do you guys have a basketball team at OU, ive never hear anything about them?

18. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    Do you guys have a basketball team at OU, ive never heard of them ?
    Does OSU have a basketball team that can stay out of jail? Click here.

Actually, the bball team at OU owns the series versus OSU. They'll also likely be better this year than OSU's club. As far as the bandwagon affect, who knows? Do you still call it a bandwagon fan after several generations of non-college attendees are OU fans? Certainly support waxes in up years and wanes in down years -- the same would be true for any team.

I can understand though -- as an Okie State fan, you have no frame of reference. Just take my word for it.

As for your alma mater's new facilities, doubtless they will help the team in a lot of areas. Attendance, however, is something which will not increase overnight. I believe I read the attendance for the FAU game at being right around 38,000. That's less than half of the 85,000+ crowd which attended the Oklahoma game.

No doubt OSU is going to have a really big, really nice facility. I'd just be very concerned that it will also be a very empty feeling facility except for one game ever other year when your in-state rival helps you fill the seats.

20. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

Oooh...Looky here. Another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Does OSU have a basketball team that can stay out of jail? Click here.
    Our guys get in trouble for going into a bar with a fake id and a coach who drinks to much ..your football team has been in the news alot more for everything from stealing gas, getting money from boosters,...i could go on

I still think all the booze problems stem from the old...

stillwater - a drinking town with a football problem

Could you?

College athletes can be some especially dumb people given the opportunity.

...take Prentice Elliot for example.

MadMonk Guest

Ironically, this picture's only slightly more empty than the stadium looks on game day.

25. Default Re: OU fans once again show their true colors

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    Our guys get in trouble for going into a bar with a fake id and a coach who drinks to much ..your football team has been in the news alot more for everything from stealing gas, getting money from boosters,...i could go on
    Who said it was my football team?

I went to school in SoCal.

Thread Information