Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Smile Rumor Mill About New Stores

I love hearing about new businesses coming to moore.. I heard thata Chil-fil-a is coming to the shops in moore anda bed bath and beyond.. any other rumors oh yeah i also heard aT.G.I Fridays is being built by lowes...

Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

The Chik-fil-a in front of the new Penny's has been on the plans for a while. Looking forward to the day it opens. The T.G.I.Fridays rumor has been going around for over a year but last I heard it was confirmed dead. A bed bath and beyond would be nice, save me a trip to Norman every now and then. If we could only get a Barnes and Nobles or a Borders.

this is going to be bad news (chik-fil-a) that is entirely to close to coming/going from work.

4. Talking Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

I know I've posted this link before, but that was a long time ago, in a post far, far away. It shows the rendering of the Shops at Moore.

http://www.mooreed.com/CollinsDevelo...rendering).pdf

(it's a rather large file, so give it time to load)

We really need a good book store and i wish we hada toy store other than nasty walmart, sorry i just hate the toys at walmart, it either dented toy boxes missing pieces or just plain broken....Also we needa panda express, I love that place.. But back to the rumor mill, whatever happen to the crest shopping center that was planned on 12th and eastern

To me it seems kinda wierd with the petsmart going in there(not complaining) but there is one on I-240 and western, and one in Norman.

I like having all of things close to the westmoore area but it basically is almost a copy and paste of the I-240 shops that are 4 miles away, then if you go another 4 miles past moore and then you're in Norman at the same shops. We need something atleast a little original. Why have the same exact stores owned by the same companies fight over the customer base of the moore/westmoore areas.

Next thing we all will know is that shops on the i-240 west corridor will start closing down and its going to resemble crossroads mall over there.

OKAY DID EVERYONE READ THE MOORE MONTHLY, exciting news, Carls JR. off of 19th street is moving west by home depot, there is going to be a panda express by furrs, there is going to be a 3 more shopping centers off of 19th street by home depot and by the new theatre. There is going to be at least 6 new restaurants 2 large retailers will soon be in moore.. wow it is crazy, read the moore monthly this month.. it has lots of info..

Yes I read that...I am thinking...We must be really hungary here in Moore...LOL
    Also I went to Ross on Friday just to find an almost empty store...
    I really didn't know that they were moving I assumed they were staying put...But the store Closed on Saturday and won't reopen until Oct 12. They will be next door to Office Depot...
    I haven't even paid any real attention to that side of the highway except noticing the JC Penny's store seems to be packed everyday..well at least the days I drove by...

So I need to make a trip down the service road to see how far they have come with it...

Cindy

9. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by cindyl57 View Post
    Yes I read that...I am thinking...We must be really hungary here in Moore...LOL
    Also I went to Ross on Friday just to find an almost empty store...
    I really didn't know that they were moving I assumed they were staying put...But the store Closed on Saturday and won't reopen until Oct 12. They will be next door to Office Depot...
    I haven't even paid any real attention to that side of the highway except noticing the JC Penny's store seems to be packed everyday..well at least the days I drove by...

So I need to make a trip down the service road to see how far they have come with it...

Cindy
    My girlfriend lives just south of that JC Penny's, and I agree that it's always packed...I just wish that people would learn to USE THE CENTER TURN LANE.

Not to be negative, I spoke with the franchise owners of Chick-fil-a and I was told the Moore store is not coming. The owner said the corporate headquarters were looking at putting a store in but decided to go with approx. 70 stores instead of 100. The Moore location was one that was axed. I have heard of a certain electronics store on I-240 moving next door to JC Penny's though if thats any consolation. Expect an opening by February along with Bed Bath and Beyond.

11. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Best Buy and Circuit City have opened their current stores within the last couple of years...So are you talking about Ultimate Electronics?

It has to be Ultimate or Best Buy because Circuit City is opening a new store in Norman off of I-35 and Robinson.

Best Buy may have to tear down their Crossroads store because of the I-35 Interchange Rebuild. From what I heard everything on that line between the theater and Burger King(this is why Burger King never reopened) is going away because of the rebuild. They might even take out the Mcdonalds and Jackie Cooper.

If I where a betting man, I would put my money on Ultimate because the 240 and Walker store is just not very traffic friendly. It only makes sense to move to a more traffic friendly area.

13. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

More traffic friendly, and more people with disposable income.

That would suck about Chick-fil-A. I live about 2 minutes away from there and would MUCH rather have one that close as opposed to going to Crossroads Mall to get my fix.

I love Chick-fil-a, why oh why oh why, lol, well at least we are getting a panda express.. I think the best location for a best buy would be by home depot on fritts property. They said a major retail tenant is going in in that location. BUT I LOVE CHICK-FIL-A I wish we can fight to get it in moore

Bummer that they nixed the Chic-Fil-A. I'm surprised it was corporate who nixed it because it was the local franchisee that was going to build it.

The corporate office is very protective over where a new store will go in for Chick-fil-a. What the chick-fil-a person said was the owner, of chick-fil-a, did not want to over expand and is only opening around 70 stores in the markets that rated the highest possible for sales. As far as the electronics store, I am only repeating what was told to another major tenant and shown on maps by the developer to that tenant. I am not claiming anything as fact, only repeating what I heard through speaking with a friend. Thats why I am trying my Best to not get your hopes up to high.
    On a side note, if you look you might notice more stores moving from a location on I-240. Just something to keep in mind.

okay so what else has anybody else knows what is planning on going in at fritts farm by home-depot, they have dug up trenches on the side and looks like they are planning on scrapping the site?

The Chik-fil-A manager I spoke with said that the Midwest City store was the first priority on their list, then the store in Moore would go in. The MWC location is higher profile because the store they have in Heritage Park Mausoleum is about the only thing left in that place. I believe they have already started construction on the replacement location on SE 29th.

As far as an electronics retailer moving out of I-240, it wouldn't make any sense for Ultimate to move as they just spent major $$ remodeling that location to add appliances, and they're working hard to reposition themselves as a competitor to Best Buy and Circuit City rather than a high-end electronics dealer. Circuit City is unlikely to move out of 240 Penn Park having just moved there.

I'm very interested to hear what is going in for Phase II of the 240 Penn Park location. Odom just sold the Phase I property to an out-of-state company for a rather staggering sum, saying that the sales for the mall are comparable to those of the Bell Isle center on the north side, and the redevelopment of the area has been immensely successful.

Interurban is going into the vacated Don Pablo's spot, and I would LOVE to see something like an Old Chicago or BJ's go in somewhere on that corridor...ANYTHING besides another TexMex restuarant. Ironically, this new Interurban location is just down the street from the long-defunct IU Sports Grille that opened in the old ChiChi's space several years ago, but closed and was torn down to make way for the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop that now stands there.

I thought the Office Depot at I-240 and Western would be a candidate for moving, but the manager there told me that Office Depot actually owns that building rather than leases it, and that they are one of the better performers among all OD locations in the area, so that location is going to be there for the duration.

We already know that Bob Moore is, apparently, moving the Ford dealership from that awful location in the I-240/I-35 exchange snakepit....

It would NOT surprise me at all to see Home Depot build a new store west of its present location along I-240 and Shields, or for Outback to get out of its oddball location behind Olive Garden off I-240 west of Penn...

Well i went to yahoo and typed riverwalk crossing in moore oklahoma, and there is a web site of new stores in planning and development stages to come to moore, i noticed there was a tgi fridays, and a best buy, and some sporting good store, i forget the name on it, also a craft store.

New Retailers Opening Soon: , Warren Theatres, Best Buy, Sportman's Warehouse, TGI Fridays and Harley Davidson World

Riverwalk - American Asset Management Services

Best Buy......That makes sense with the best buy, because I believe that ODOT will be removing all of the buildings on the east side of I-35 and North of I-240 in order for the future highway construction.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Best Buy......That makes sense with the best buy, because I believe that ODOT will be removing all of the buildings on the east side of I-35 and North of I-240 in order for the future highway construction.
    You know, I've heard different people report varying twists to the "all buildings near the I-240 interchange are going to be torn down," but no two of them are quite the same.

Could someone post a link or reference to the specific plans ODOT has laid out regarding that interchange, and more specifically to the buildings in that area?

The reason I ask the question is that the I-240/I-35 interchange project is not even fully funded yet, and could be as far as ten years down the road before it comes to fruition. The only actual property that has been obtained in preparation for it is an abandoned apartment complex, since torn down, and a section of homes immediately west. The AMC movie theater chain recently purchased the Regal Cinema, which would surely be in the path of this rebuild, thus making that purchase a curious one at best.

Near that Best Buy property on the SW corner of Crossroads are two hotels, a Texas RoadHouse steak restaurant, Victory Gymnastics, and some other smaller stores. I would just like to see something concrete that states specifically which properties are on the chopping block, and when the demolition of these properties is supposed to take place.

-sd

Well, after I posted the question, I came across an older thread (well, Feb '07) and a post by Flatlander that said the following:

Today I spoke with David Meuser at Odot,he said the project has been pushed back because I-35 through Moore and Norman is now the focus.He said the public will notice work on this stretch of highway very soon.As for the I-35 & I-240 rebuild.Most if not all of the NW corner of the interchange has been bought by the state.Odot is no longer buying land for the interchange.Odot will not begin buying land again in this area until 2012 It should take 2 years for Odot to finish buying land and building the frontage roads then another 3 years to finish the interchange. 2017 is what they are aiming for.
    While this is not a link to a hard article, the notion that ODOT is not purchasing more land now and does not plan to until 2012 at the earliest is entirely consistent with what I had heard regarding funding available for the reconstruction project.

Looks like AMC, the steakhouse et al are safe for a few more years.

-sd

Two years ago I checked into the purchase of the former Best Buy now the Gymnastics building, and was told that the building was not for sale only for lease because of ODOT and the highway project.

That info is from the agent handling the leasing of said property.

Thread Information