Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

wow... unless the crossroads bestbuy moves to around 74th & penn, that just seems like oversaturating the market to me. if the moore location goes in, you'll have a bb on main & i-35 in norman, one on 19th & i-35 in moore and another on i-240 & i-35 in okc... it seems that they'll be competing with each other.

-M

Don't under-estimate the Moore population boom that is occuring, especially east of I-35. If any other competitor (Circuit City, Ultimate, Conns, etc.) were to open a Moore location it would take away from both the Norman and the South Bestbuys. Also Wal-mart has locations at the three locations mentioned along I-35.

I usually drive to Norman instead of Crossroads. I will use the Moore store when it opens.

not that i'm underestimating moore... from bestbuy's perspective they'll have 3 stores that potentially cut into each other's profitability. if people are willing to drive all the way to norman just to go, why go through the expense of operating another store so close by? the stores are just stealing business from each other is all i'm saying. -M

I understand , and I would agree. Except if one of the Best Buy competitors were to open in the Moore location then the profitability would be cut as well. To answer your question, Best Buy could operate a smaller store and use the Norman or Moore for their large inventory. Therefore cutting some of the expense in order to make the Moore location feasible.

I disagree with you mmm. If there were a Best Buy in Moore I would probably buy some stuff from them. If I do have to use them I usually go to Norman but it is only marginally less irritating to me than Crossroads. There are plenty of ways for me to buy stuff.

I am buying a home theater system now. I looked at two small contractors and chose one of them.

It is very competitive out there.

I have friends and family that live near the 19th and I-35 Moore area. The population growth there is unbelievable to me. I may be wrong but , I think it is the fastest growing area in the state in regards to residential housing construction.

Also the traffic in that area is becoming worse every day.

Another question off the topic, but what is the sales tax rate in Moore??

you dont have to tell me i live off by 19th and I-35, i bought a house last summer off of 19th between telephone road and santa fe.. I didnt even notice the traffic when we bought, but we found out quick.. I love it that we can exit our quiet community and with on turn we have everything we need fron entertainment shopping and dinning, our kids love it and we are trying to avoid our tax dollars going to okc or norman, so a best buy will be great.. now we need a book store.

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner
    i disagree with you mmm...
    fair enough... obviously bb thinks the arrangement will work and i'm positive they've put more thought into a new location than my armchair quarterback analysis.

new home theatre, eh? what equipment did you decide on?

Quote Originally Posted by okclee
    also the traffic in that area is becoming worse every day.
    totally agree. moore is way behind in beefing up the roads to accommodate extra traffic. traveling 19th has become a headache for many people. i don't think they'll get santa fe widened from two lanes in time to accommodate the new highschool... they waited till the building was practically finished before even start road construction... moore's never been good about maintaining or building adequate roads.

-M

10. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Yeah? What equipment?

In home theater room: LG 50" Plasma, Proficient front and rear speakers, JBL center and sub, LG upconvert DVD, Denon Receiver. Rest of house has Proficient controller and speakers. Wiring Solutions is doing it for me along with security.

Also talked to Home Theater Design Group and had a good demo there.

cool! sounds like you've got quite the setup. -M

13. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

That sounds nice flintysooner!

I'm running a Denon receiver, Klipsch mains, center, surrounds, and sub. With a sammy DLP for display. Got the Xbox 360 for my soon to be obsolete HD DVD player, and a Denon for regular DVD's. I'm waiting for a GOOD BluRay player to be under $200 before I buy.

My receiver is also wired to speakers on the back porch as well as a pair in the master bedroom, each having their own remote controls and "zone", so they can all play different sources.

I wired it all myself. Next time though...I'll probably pay to have it done. That was a PITA.

i've got a klipsch setup, too and absolutely love 'em. klipsch makes some bad-to-the-bone speakers, imo. i've got those hooked to a decent yamaha receiver. sony 46" lcd for a display. aging sony dvd player that doesn't upscale... i think i'm going to get sony's bdp-550 when it comes out, probably this fall, to replace that. also have got a little dell hooked in as an htpc.

-M

15. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Yup...I looooove my Klipsch. I've even got their 5.1 setup on my computer.

are those rf-35's? looks like the exact same mains as i've got. i never did spring for klipsch's5.1 setup on my pc. still using some 10 year old yamaha's that still sound decent enough. -M

The Proficient M4 controller supports 6 sources and 4 rooms with keypads with built in IR. It seemed a good choice to me to control the rest of the house. It was inexpensive, too. Receiver is the Denon AVR 588 6.1. I thought it was really inexpensive as well.

Thanks for the images.

18. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

mmm, Yup, they're the RF35's.

I'm using the 12" sub with them. Makes the doors to the house rattle.

I am dissapointed there won't be no bookstore in Moore, I guess I have to drive to Barnes and Noble in Norman

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
    I am dissapointed there won't be no bookstore in Moore, I guess I have to drive to Barnes and Noble in Norman
    It cost an arm and a leg to buy a book at Barnes and Noble or Borders. Go to the library, or buy them online from a place like Half.com. You can still look inside most books on Amazon, so it's like having a book store in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by bkm645 View Post
    It cost an arm and a leg to buy a book at Barnes and Noble or Borders. Go to the library, or buy them online from a place like Half.com. You can still look inside most books on Amazon, so it's like having a book store in your home.
    I don't buy them, I just like to read comics, the library doesn't have comics that I want to read so I go to Barnes and Noble for it

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
    I don't buy them, I just like to read comics, the library doesn't have comics that I want to read so I go to Barnes and Noble for it
    So the drive to Norman is just too inconvenient for you to mooch off of the bookstore...... Gee I can't figure out why there aren't more bookstores...... Maybe if you actually paid for the books rather than abuse the system, they would make enough money to put up more bookstores and there would be one where you live.....

I don't mind buying from Barnes and Noble. I realize I'm paying a premium, but that's part of the environment.

My understandig was that a Barnes and Noble was, in fact, slated for SW OKC around 104th and May approximately a year ago when a Super WalMart was planned for that corner. WalMart long since backed out of that deal, and I presume the B&N did right along with it.

I STILL want a B&N in SW OKC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    So the drive to Norman is just too inconvenient for you to mooch off of the bookstore...... Gee I can't figure out why there aren't more bookstores...... Maybe if you actually paid for the books rather than abuse the system, they would make enough money to put up more bookstores and there would be one where you live.....
    Okay, whatever

Sephora is opening march 21 at 8 am inside j.c penneys.... I like this place, it is a bit pricey but great products

Thread Information