Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Re: Starbucks in Moore - I frequent that store about 2 times per week and a friend usually has coffee from there every other day. I - out of all of my times, since it's opening, ie - A LOT - have only had one time where I had a hot mocha that wasn't too hot. And you know what I did - I asked them to re-make it ... and they did! Wow - what a concept. Ask them to redo it for you if you're not happy and they will. At least for the few people I know that go to the Moore Starbucks, I haven't heard of any of those complaints except for one time for myself.

I frequent the Moore Starbucks as well and my drink is always hot, and the staff is always friendly.

The staff is friendly, but I asked them to make it hotter last time, and the guy was like "then the milk will scald and it will not taste good." So...I used your "concept" and it didn't work for me. I'm used to getting coffee in the NJ/NYC/PA/MD area, and they have hoooottttttt coffee there. I'm just not going to that particular Starbucks anymore.

I don't want to get all the Starbucks-lovers chasing me, but geez, even my non-coffee drinking friends noticed it. It's cold before I get to 40 on the way to work.

Sorry Seinfeld. My tone was a bit sarcastic and I apologize for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
    That's good news...now only if Godfather's will come back....
    I sent Godfather's a message about them having any chance of making a comeback in the OKC area....she said she'd refer my question to their site team and get back to me.

We'll see.

-Sd

Godfather's Italian Sausage Pizza RULES!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I sent Godfather's a message about them having any chance of making a comeback in the OKC area....she said she'd refer my question to their site team and get back to me.

We'll see.

-Sd

Awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    I go there several times each week and mine is scalding. I've never had anything other than really hot coffee. But I always buy black coffee.

I like the new Starbucks on Western south of 89th Street, too.
    Yeah, I just went to the new Starbucks on South Western today and it's really nice!

8. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post

We'll see.

-Sd

I don't know if they have ANY standalone stores left.

Would be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I don't know if they have ANY standalone stores left.

Would be cool though.
    They have none unfortanely

10. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

I wonder if they still use that same sausage in the locations they DO have. Because (like SoonerDave) I LOVED that stuff.

I wonder if they still use that same sausage in the locations they DO have. Because (like SoonerDave) I LOVED that stuff.
    Yeah they do, I tried it a few months ago at a gas station like 30 minutes away from Yukon and they still do have the same sausage, it was soooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Sweet.

Maybe I'll track one down today.

Sweet.

Maybe I'll track one down today.
    Let me know how is it!

I have done some mystery shopping..and I know from job descriptions that Starbucks gives their Mystry Shoppers a thermometer and have them order the same drink...Not remembering which one as I never did shop for them, but as soon as they pull away from the window, they are to check the temperature of the drink...
    And answer a few questions about service...

Godfathers Pizza...Yummmm I took my kids there often back then...
    The one in Moore is now a Mexican resturant..with pretty good food...
    And reasonable prices too...Los Vaqueros..I think..

And My daugter and gson will be glad to hear that the Chick Fillet is back on...

I see Godfather's in convenience stores in southern Oklahoma a lot. I never knew it had such a following!!!

guess i'm not the diehard fan, but if you're jonesing for some godfathers... according to their website it appears that a truckstop on i-35 & ne 122nd serves up a limited menu. if you can't picture the location, it's just southwest from cracker barrel.

-M

mmm - that Godfather's location is located inside the LOVES Country Store fueling station. FYI. Just filled up there and saw the sign and thought of this thread ... but it doesn't seem too appealing to me to eat there (dirty looking & fuel/greasy feeling!!)

^
    blech, no doubt... though it may be worth it to those diehard godfathers fans. i remember driving to shawnee several years ago just to go to a gas station that sells taco tico.

-M

Taco Tico!!!!!!! I forgot about that place. You know what sucks though? The lack of Dairy Queen. I'll have to drive to Chickasha just to go there at some point. Why can't we have DQ?

Quote Originally Posted by SeinfeldBlock View Post
    Taco Tico!!!!!!! I forgot about that place. You know what sucks though? The lack of Dairy Queen. I'll have to drive to Chickasha just to go there at some point. Why can't we have DQ?

I don't like Diary Queen but I do like their cherry limeades, I wonder what happened, it used to be popular and was almost everywhere and then bam, it disappeared forever

Is Love's in front of Frontier City next to waffle house or something like that? I might go to there to get Godfather's

Quote Originally Posted by SeinfeldBlock View Post
    There is actually a stand alone Taco Tico in Shawnee. I ate there the other day when I was driving through town. Taco Tico's are all over Wichita where I grew up and I wanted to see if this one still had the same food. And it was exactly as I remember it growing up.

As for DQ.... I am pretty sure Sonic and Braum's have a lot to do with DQ not being in the metro area...... just my theory......

okay my wife and i drove to a taco tico in mcloud about a year or so ago to get the taco tico fix.. is taco tico still in mcloud??? i am in need of my fix again.. i love that place, wasnt there one in moore? I remember there was a taco place when i was a kid, it was east of 12th street and on broadway... it had like a little cheap playgorund outside as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    okay my wife and i drove to a taco tico in mcloud about a year or so ago to get the taco tico fix.. is taco tico still in mcloud??? i am in need of my fix again.. i love that place, wasnt there one in moore? I remember there was a taco place when i was a kid, it was east of 12th street and on broadway... it had like a little cheap playgorund outside as well
    according to their website these are the OK locations:

Claremore
    905 N. Lynn Riggs Blvd.
    918-342-0050

Duncan
    11 S. 81 Hwy.
    580-255-3995

Elgin
    7417 US Hwy. 277
    580-492-5708

Guymon
    408 NW 21st St.
    580-338-8323

Pawhuska
    140 E. Main
    918-287-4992

Shawnee
    1809 N. Harrison
    405-878-0200

Tulsa
    8720 E. 21st, Suite 201
    918-728-7388

Dairy Queen used to have a rather substantial presence in the Oklahoma City market about, oh, twenty or thirty years ago. As I recall, they were all franchised/owned under the name of Dunn, and they were all "Dunn's Dairy Quenn."

Heck, most of the formerly DQ buildings are still readily recognizable by their trademark A-framed building and red-tile roof. Many of them have long since either been torn down or converted into other things like chinese take-out places. There's one over on May Avenue south of 59th, one on the south side of 59th east of Western, at least those are the ones that come to mind fairly readily.

My biggest thing at DQ was the blizzards. Oreo blizzards, to be exact - and since then it seems everyone and their dog are ripping off the concept, and none of them taste as good - I suspect its the unique brand of DQ softserve that made them so good.

The last one I had was at a DQ in Norman that was closed-and-dozed about two years ago. They are quite prevalent in Texas, however...

-sd

Thread Information