Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill About New Stores

1. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

I've seen commercials for it. It looks like the concept of Chuck E Cheese Pizza, but for adults.

Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I've seen commercials for it. It looks like the concept of Chuck E Cheese Pizza, but for adults.
    Ahh, I am guessing the pizzas must be good

3. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
    Ahh, I am guessing the pizzas must be good
    They've got full restaurants and bars in them. I don't recall ever having pizza in one, but I'm sure they sell it.

I DID have some bacon-wrapped, BBQ sauce covered shrimp kabobs that were like crack on a stick though.

Every one that I've ever been in has had a beer selection that rivals Tapwerks too (although it's in bottles vice being on tap).

Okay, new rumor (?), haven't been here in a while...

How about the old Harrigan's on I-240 west of Penn becoming a HIDEAWAY PIZZA...??

Any confirmation/denial on that one from anybody?

-soonerdave

hideaway pizza? haven't heard anything along those lines... but... seriously...

i would die and go to heaven if that happened.

-M

6. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Okay, new rumor (?), haven't been here in a while...

How about the old Harrigan's on I-240 west of Penn becoming a HIDEAWAY PIZZA...??

Any confirmation/denial on that one from anybody?

-soonerdave
    I thought Outback was moving there.

Well, not much telling, apparently, because I've heard probably half-a-dozen rumors about Outback, the old Don Pablo's, Hideaway, Home Depot, and Best Buy over the last, oh, six months, and none of them have been in the ballpark.

I think there are just lots of ideas floating around. I would have to think Outback wants out of that relatively horrible location they're in right now behind Olive Gaggin', and surely that Harrigan's space is usable for something. The Hideaway rumor was relayed to me by someone who isn't necessarily in the real estate business, but certainly has ample opportunity to be in contact with those who *would* know.

I'd still like to have a BJ's and/or a Chik-fil-A close by. I hate that they cancelled the Moore plans (for Chik-fil-A), alhtough that would have been a bit far for us to consider convenient.

Nothing new emerging about possible tenants in I-240 Penn Phase II, eh?

And nothing new emerging about any new Super Targets or Super Wal Slums in the far SW OKC area, either, it seems...

Man, what good is a rumor mill without some good, meaty rumors?

-SD

8. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Heck if I know.

I don't know anybody that knows anybody that knows anybody in the know.

I get all my rumor stuff from here

Maybe we could start a rumor that a BIG RUMOR was about to start circulating?

-dew

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    hideaway pizza? haven't heard anything along those lines... but... seriously...

i would die and go to heaven if that happened.

-M
    Never heard of it but I would die and go to heaven if Godfather's pizza is back into town!!!

does anybody know whats going to go in the new lifestyle center that is being built south of gordman? Also the field just west of home depot, they are putting in a fire station

12. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

I thought somebody posted a link to that a while back.

13. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    does anybody know whats going to go in the new lifestyle center that is being built south of gordman? Also the field just west of home depot, they are putting in a fire station
    http://www.mooreed.com/RIVERWALK%20aerial%209-24-07.pdf

That doesn't list actual stores though :/

Never heard of it but I would die and go to heaven if Godfather's pizza is back into town!!!
    No kidding!!!

For my money, Godfather's Italian Sausage pizza was *the best* pizza I ever had. They *never* scrimped on the quantity of meats/toppings, and it had an absolutely FABULOUS flavor. No one in town right now comes close, and that includes Hideaway (and Hideaway is really good).

They disappeared from the local scene once, then re-emerged with several locations across town, then migrated to delivery-only, then disappeared forever. Alas.

-Sd

my dad use to take me to godfathers every monday around lunch in the summer when i was out of school, they had a small buffet but it was so damn good, they had the best pizza ever, i can not believe they are gone, why?

16. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

There are several Godfather's Pizza places still in the state...Too bad that most of them are convenience store type joints.

Godfathers Restaurant Locator - locate a Godfathers Pizza restaurant near you

I used to be a delivery driver for Godfather's Pizza at 89th & Penn around 1990. Went home with one just about every night. Good stuff but after a while I was craving Pizza Hut or Domino's lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
    I used to be a delivery driver for Godfather's Pizza at 89th & Penn around 1990. Went home with one just about every night. Good stuff but after a while I was craving Pizza Hut or Domino's lol
    lol kinda reminds me of a gal I went to high school with - she lived down the street from me, and worked at Braum's one summer. I thought that was kinda cool, but she said after she worked there about a week, the sight of ice cream almost made her ill Apparently, you start slinging ice cream early in the day, no matter how careful you are, you get "slop" on your apron/outfit, and apparently it doesn't take long to start smelling like spoiled milk...particularly on those hot summer Oklahoma days...

Doesn't make me want Godfather's any less, however

-David

Quick Rumor Update:
    I am backtracking on my earlier comments on Chick-fil-a in Moore. I spoke with several people and it should open next to Chili's by Feb. 09 or sooner. Norman one should be open later this fall. Remember this is all a rumor! If you happen to stop by Starbucks next to Chili's ask some of the workers, I heard they were told as well of the Chick-fil-a.

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    Quick Rumor Update:
    I am backtracking on my earlier comments on Chick-fil-a in Moore. I spoke with several people and it should open next to Chili's by Feb. 09 or sooner. Norman one should be open later this fall. Remember this is all a rumor! If you happen to stop by Starbucks next to Chili's ask some of the workers, I heard they were told as well of the Chick-fil-a.
    If this is really going to happen then I would be really pleased, I am really tired going to Crossroads Mall just to get Chikfila

If this is really going to happen then I would be really pleased, I am really tired going to Crossroads Mall just to get Chikfila
    It is happening. From a VERY reliable source. There also will be a SMALL shopping strip next to it. Not sure if Chik Fil A will be physically connected to it or not. I will ask next time I speak with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by khowe22 View Post
    It is happening. From a VERY reliable source. There also will be a SMALL shopping strip next to it. Not sure if Chik Fil A will be physically connected to it or not. I will ask next time I speak with the guy.
    That's good news...now only if Godfather's will come back....

Glad it's a small shopping strip! Speaking of that whole area (Starbuck's)... every time I go to that particular Starbucks in Moore the coffee seems to be not so... hot. My friend and I have realized that. Where's the HOT coffee?

I think we should rally for a Dunkin' Donuts.

I was not that impressed with the temp of the coffee as well, i can drink my coffee before it can cool off, but at the starbucks in moore, it was luke warm i had to throw the last bit out because i hate cold or cool tasting coffee, but i know this is funny but the hot teas and coffee at russell stovers candy factory by buffalo wild wings has some hot hot hot coffee.. and the hot peppermint tea is really really good, you get a large to go cup of hot herbal tea for 90 cents, you cant beat that

I go there several times each week and mine is scalding. I've never had anything other than really hot coffee. But I always buy black coffee.

I like the new Starbucks on Western south of 89th Street, too.

Thread Information