Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill About New Stores

1. Angry Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

You've got to be kidding me!!!.......TEN more years until the interchange is finished!! Imagine the traffic in that area in 2017. The way the south metro is growing now, they will need to widen I-35 to 10 lanes and the interchange plans will have to be modified to fit a ten lane freeway. Please bring in the TDOT!!

Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Heard very good things about Panda so pretty excited about it....Best Buy is also great news, but not for my wallet

Probably going to find myself accidentally turning right at the 19th st exit too often

Moore is filling in the retail space at an alarming rate....City keeps getting better and better imo

I would think that the AMC is far enough away that it will not be affected by the new interchange ..

panda express to open doors this month, see it happening in about 2 weeks or even less

19th St is hard enough to get down (through wal-mart and telephone) and some people apparently are unable to move their car into the center lane to make a left into chili's. I can't even imagine what the traffic will be like if they add stuff in that area. Also, if they add a bunch of retail stuff next to those apartments, they may not be so nice anymore...

6. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by SeinfeldBlock View Post
    19th St is hard enough to get down (through wal-mart and telephone) and some people apparently are unable to move their car into the center lane to make a left into chili's. I can't even imagine what the traffic will be like if they add stuff in that area. Also, if they add a bunch of retail stuff next to those apartments, they may not be so nice anymore...
    That's no lie. 19th between Broadway and Telephone is about as organized as a monkey sh*t fight at the zoo. I avoid it like the plague.

i called panda express on the north side they told me the panda express in moore will be open this friday the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    That's no lie. 19th between Broadway and Telephone is about as organized as a monkey sh*t fight at the zoo. I avoid it like the plague.
    Not sure what is up with our city planners...Access roads on both sides of I-35 are so lovely....The stupid azz stop and yield to the highway on the east side will discourage shoppers...Already 10 cars deep a lot of the time on the weekend with little movement and that will balloon when they get the rest of the shops in there

Think they are trying to one up the traffic mess on Memorial

9. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Not sure what is up with our city planners...Access roads on both sides of I-35 are so lovely....The stupid azz stop and yield to the highway on the east side will discourage shoppers...Already 10 cars deep a lot of the time on the weekend with little movement and that will balloon when they get the rest of the shops in there

Think they are trying to one up the traffic mess on Memorial
    Yup, my g/f lives south of that JC Penny...I usually just drive down Eastern to 34th, and then cut over rather than drive down that access road. If I'm taking the highway, I'll exit Indian Hills and approach from the South.

Moore is about f'n retarded with access roads anyway. Half of them are one-way, and the other half aren't.

Speaking of that "stop/yeild" thing on the east side...Didn't it used to be the opposite? Exiting traffic yeilded to the access road? I could have sworn it was that way about 15 years ago.

sadly i take that way daily i live off of 19th and santa fe but my kids daycare is off 19th and eastern, every evening i pick my kids up around 5:15 and it takes about 15 to 20 minutes sometimes just to make it the 3 miles home, i bank at tinker and i have to go out of my way just to get to it, telephone road is my access i can not use the access roads it is bumper to bumper every time i pass it, it takes about 2-3 red lights to make it to the next red light 75 feet away on 19th there is 3 stop lights with a football field, and it is not set or timed right...i hate i i hate it lol.. and yes when that new lifestyle center by gordmans opens and all the other planned stores, we will need a miracle just to make it to those stores. I already go to the mcdonalds of of 134th and western rahter that the 0ne on 19th and broadway because there is a 75 percent chance you will never or almost get into accident to get in the parking lot, and it is busy most of the time.. more has grown way to fast for roads to catch up, most of moore will be at grid lock in 3 years if something is not done with the roads!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Yup, my g/f lives south of that JC Penny...I usually just drive down Eastern to 34th, and then cut over rather than drive down that access road. If I'm taking the highway, I'll exit Indian Hills and approach from the South.

Moore is about f'n retarded with access roads anyway. Half of them are one-way, and the other half aren't.

Speaking of that "stop/yeild" thing on the east side...Didn't it used to be the opposite? Exiting traffic yeilded to the access road? I could have sworn it was that way about 15 years ago.
    Yeah it just changed a few months ago....I guess they wanted to match the retarded exit system on the west side of 19th

It has three lanes....One left turn, one straight and one to the right....The VAST majority are trying to turn left in the one lane...10 cars or so in that lane and the folks sitting at the stop sign can't go

My experience in banking tells me that the middle lane should have a left or straight option since far fewer vehicles go straight, but what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    My experience in banking tells me that the middle lane should have a left or straight option since far fewer vehicles go straight, but what do I know
    Not to mention that the opposite corner near Wal-Mart inexplicably has two left turn lanes and a single lane for going straight/right. Probably 60% of the traffic there is trying to make a right onto 19th St, and another 15% is trying to go straight ahead on the access road. Traffic gets backed up at that exit everyday because of long lines in the right-hand lane. Why not convert the second left turn lane into a straight-ahead lane, and leave the one on the right for right turns only? It wouldn't solve all of the problems that location has right now, but it sure would be a big improvement. The change would require minimal effort too. If they wanted to get a little more creative, maybe they could make the middle lane for right turns also in addition to straight ahead. Two right turn lanes would keep that area fairly clear. Of course, since we don't see many double right turns in Oklahoma, that might be a big risk to take.

13. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

While we're on that topic...They should figure out a way to completely eliminate the "extra" light between I35 and Telephone, it causes nothing but backups. Make that area accessible off of the service road or something.

And since when does the straight-ahead traffic get to go BEFORE the turning lanes? Because that's how it's set up at Telephone and 19th.

Some days, I think they hired a vo-tech guy that likes cars instead of a Traffic Engineer to design some of that area.

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    Not to mention that the opposite corner near Wal-Mart inexplicably has two left turn lanes and a single lane for going straight/right. Probably 60% of the traffic there is trying to make a right onto 19th St, and another 15% is trying to go straight ahead on the access road. Traffic gets backed up at that exit everyday because of long lines in the right-hand lane. Why not convert the second left turn lane into a straight-ahead lane, and leave the one on the right for right turns only? It wouldn't solve all of the problems that location has right now, but it sure would be a big improvement. The change would require minimal effort too. If they wanted to get a little more creative, maybe they could make the middle lane for right turns also in addition to straight ahead. Two right turn lanes would keep that area fairly clear. Of course, since we don't see many double right turns in Oklahoma, that might be a big risk to take.

Seriously! I drive home from the city every day and have to make a right onto 19th street and it gets backed up all the time, esp during evening rush. There's always that person who won't pull forward enough to let the person behind them make a right, or there's the person who doesn't know it's ok to make a right on red in Oklahoma. I don't know how to alleviate the problem, I think if there was one left turn lane it would still be a big problem because they are pretty full during the evening rush. The only thing more annoying than 19th street are the 4th street on and off ramps. It's like the lesser of two evils.

Friday i was at the lights to turn left to pick up my kids at daycare at 5:15 p.m the left turn lights where not working they jsut stayed red, it took about 12 minutes 4 intervals for the people infront of me to realize the lights were messed up we all ran the red lights, the traffic was backed up on the freeway as far as i could see.. The city needs to do something, once those restaurants and warren theater opens we are going to have a mad house, i am really worried not only accidents will happen but what if emergecy vehicles needs t get bym the hospital is in the mix of all this traffic

The Moore Economic Development website was updated today. Two notable updates:

Best Buy is confirmed and expected to be open in the late summer. Location listed is the Shops at Moore (contrary to the rumors that it was going in next to Home Depot).

Bed Bath and Beyond will also be going into the Shops at Moore and is expected to open late this year.

MEDA: Retail - Announcements

well at least i was right that best buy was coming to moore, just off by 1/4 of a mile

18. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

I sure hope the Shops at Moore center starts to look a bit nicer. It looks like it is done in a very cheap manner with the cinderblock and stucco galore. The JC Penney doesn't look too bad, but the Office Depot and Ross storefronts are hideous.

19. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    The Moore Economic Development website was updated today. Two notable updates:

Best Buy is confirmed and expected to be open in the late summer. Location listed is the Shops at Moore (contrary to the rumors that it was going in next to Home Depot).

Bed Bath and Beyond will also be going into the Shops at Moore and is expected to open late this year.

MEDA: Retail - Announcements
    Outstanding. Thanks for the link!

Look at the east side go Oh Gawd

Lovin the location of Best Buy....Already dreading the traffic

Yo Moore city leaders....Not sure if you noticed but you are cramming in a lot of stores in a small area

I hope you guys don't think the current traffic system is going to work

How about you get it done before freakin Best Buy goes in...Can you imagine 19th come holiday time?

I am glad to see they finally announced Best Buy as going in. I heard about it and where it was going in back in September. Stuff can change and I held off on an outright mention of it on here. I have also heard Warren Theaters owns 2 pads in front of its building that they are accepting lease's on for eateries. I have heard of one possible restaurant signing a lease with Warren but I am not 100% sure yet.

LOWES EMPLOYEES TOLD ME THAT TGI FRIDAYS IS GOING IN BY WARREN THEATERS. i WISH THEY WOULD BUILD SOME ENTERTAINMENT DINING OPTIONS LIKE MUSASHIS, OR BENNIHANAS.

23. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

I think a new Tapwerks would be nice too

And yeah Easy...It's going to be a bear to get to the g/f's house come big sale weekends.

I'm telling her to move.

dave and buster's is going in tulsa ?

25. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

What?

Thread Information