Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Property Listings

this is the link for the shopping center information in moore and also some shopping center info on other local towns

Oh joy, just think of the traffic once all that is built. The horror, the horror.

On the links, it had the proposed Super Target? I didn't even know that was even a consideration for the space between The Fairways and Home Depot.

On a side note, the phases of the development completely cover portions of the mobile home park.

Granted, mobile home parks aren't exactly beautiful, but they are homes. I'm wondering about property values in the area with all the commercial development.

The traffic.....between Southmoore, a possible Super Target, and all of that stuff, 19th Street is going to be the ultimate nightmare.

I live in plaza towers right by the elementry, we bought one year ago, our house value went up so far $2,500, so thats pretty good for older smaller homes. The problem is the traffic is reallly bad on 19th as it is and 4th is not that great..Just wait till all this is built, but it is nice to have everything you need within walking distance, plus the little river park has plans to connect to the river walk, so there will be one large walking trail almost stretching the lenth of the city in the western part of moore..

Unhappy Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I live in plaza towers right by the elementry, we bought one year ago, our house value went up so far $2,500, so thats pretty good for older smaller homes. The problem is the traffic is reallly bad on 19th as it is and 4th is not that great..Just wait till all this is built, but it is nice to have everything you need within walking distance, plus the little river park has plans to connect to the river walk, so there will be one large walking trail almost stretching the lenth of the city in the western part of moore..
    I always hate to see it when my property value goes up it just means less money in my pocket I hope it will soon level off or start going down some.

unless you are planning to sell, which i am not right away but maybe in 3 or 4 years, I want to live on the east side of moore by bryant and 12th, but for a young family starting out, it isnt much of a selection over in that area, houses are lot higher.

Quote Originally Posted by SeinfeldBlock View Post
    On the links, it had the proposed Super Target? I didn't even know that was even a consideration for the space between The Fairways and Home Depot.

On a side note, the phases of the development completely cover portions of the mobile home park.

Granted, mobile home parks aren't exactly beautiful, but they are homes. I'm wondering about property values in the area with all the commercial development.

The traffic.....between Southmoore, a possible Super Target, and all of that stuff, 19th Street is going to be the ultimate nightmare.
    I heard they changed their minds and gonna be a regular Target, not a Super Target

8. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    I heard they changed their minds and gonna be a regular Target, not a Super Target
    I had heard the same.

In fact, on the property listings link, it reads "Proposed Target", not "proposed Super Target". Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    I had heard the same.

In fact, on the property listings link, it reads "Proposed Target", not "proposed Super Target". Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
    Yeah, it didn't say "Super" so it's a regular Target

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Yeah, it didn't say "Super" so it's a regular Target
    Oops. I apparently didn't read it correctly. Thanks!

That's good though, I prefer regular stores to "super stores" anyway. I always did like the non-super Targets especially.

Quote Originally Posted by SeinfeldBlock View Post
    Oops. I apparently didn't read it correctly. Thanks!

That's good though, I prefer regular stores to "super stores" anyway. I always did like the non-super Targets especially.
    Yeah, me too

On the property listings page it says proposed Target but after clicking on the property and viewing the images it says proposed Super Target. But who knows it may be neither.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwatcher View Post
    On the property listings page it says proposed Target but after clicking on the property and viewing the images it says proposed Super Target. But who knows it may be neither.
    Aha! Maybe I'm not blind.

Who knows? I'd love to see a normal, non-super Target in Moore though. I'd really enjoy it!

A super Target in Moore in unneccasary

A Super Target in Moore would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by greatdane View Post
    A Super Target in Moore would be great!
    Not really because the Super Target in Norman is not that far from Moore, that's why a regular Target makes sense

Any idea what's going up next to Office Depot in Moore? It looks big, and I'm hoping for something nice

Even though I don't shop there, I think it might be an Old Navy, I don't know why, but it "feels" like it to me.

18. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Did some research on royal rock plaza in moore, it is going to be close to the same size as shopps in moore.... So far they have coming in a cinnabon,a shoe store no name yet given, a party store no name given yet, a hastings, a sporting good store, golds gym, petco and a Conns so far!!! they are going in phases they have a total of 40 acres to work with
    A Hastings? As in a record store?

Wow...I didn't know they were even still in business.

Really?! A Hastings? I love Hastings! I would love not to have to traipse all the way to Norman to get there. Moore is still a long way from Edmond, but it's better than Norman. Somebody needs to convince them to put one in Edmond. Maybe next time I drive through Amarillo, I'll have to stop and put a bug in someone's ear.

I want a good Bookstore. The Barnes&Noble in Norman is terrible (imo, mainly because of the layout) and I'd be happy with a Hastings. I'd really like a Borders...

I could really pass on another chain shoe store.

I hope they are not building an Old Navy next to Office Depot, considering Gap, Inc., is about to bite the dust.

slick,
    Ok I might be a little off but if you are talking about the building just to the south of Waffle House/Carl's Jr. that is being built that would be a Bed Bath and Beyond that is under construction. I was told the Ricky's was 60 days from completion but the guy didnt seem to sure he was going to finish in that time frame.

22. Default Re: Rumor Mill About New Stores

They're not moving fast at ALL on Ricky's. Not that I care though...I tried it twice and couldn't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    slick,
    Ok I might be a little off but if you are talking about the building just to the south of Waffle House/Carl's Jr. that is being built that would be a Bed Bath and Beyond that is under construction. I was told the Ricky's was 60 days from completion but the guy didnt seem to sure he was going to finish in that time frame.
    That's the building, glad to hear its a Bed Bath and Beyond (rather, my mom will be glad )

Hey guys if you pick up the new Moore Monthly there is a section that talks about the Chick-Fil-A. It appears it is going to happen and will be built in the Fritts Farm development near Starbucks.

DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Thread Information