Widgets Magazine

Thread: Need help finding a good meat market - OKC area

Default Need help finding a good meat market - OKC area

I was wondering if anyone on this board could help me. I am looking for a meat market. If anyone has any suggestions for a place with a good selection, excellent butcher, good prices, etc.; I would very much appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Default Re: Need help finding a good meat market - OKC area

My favorite place is Kamp's on North Western around 70th. Even though I am vegetarian my family is not and we have been shopping there since Bill Kamp went out on his own about 7 or so years ago(I am really bad with keeping up with dates so I could be way off) This is the kind of place you can build a relationship with the staff. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't see what you want behind the counter. They might have it in the back and can probably get what you need if they don't have it. They also have a pretty good selection of local products like Christian Cheese and Soup Soup. Try the twice baked potatoes, they are one of my family's favorites.

i'm a big fan of bill kamp's, too. in fact, i just swung by there a few minutes ago. as stated, they really know their stuff. generally i buy steaks, hamburger, chicken and deli items from them. if i'm looking for lamb or buffalo, i usually swing by boucherie which is located on n. may. if i'm buying meat to smoke for barbecue, i like wheeler's on se 29th. bill kamp's is by far my favorite, though. -M

my husband got some GREAT steaks (his word, I was out of town) at a meat market right off britton and may (I think, at least in that general area)

its on the east side

5. Default Re: Need help finding a good meat market - OKC area

tuck named a couple of places in the Red Prime thread.

I've never liked Wheeler's much, but most people do fine there. Due to it's proximity, I usually just go to Alex Roger's at S.E. 29th and Eastern for ribeyes and hot links that are just shy of welding-rod hot.

while i occasionally go to get cheaper cuts for barbecue, i definitely wouldn't buy a steak at wheeler's. hmm... it sounds like this alex rogers place isn't too far from wheeler's location. i'll have to give it a try sometime. -M

7. Default Re: Need help finding a good meat market - OKC area

Roger's cuts your ribeye however thick you want it on the spot. It's not even much more than say...Albertsons either.

Is the Kamps on Classen still open? Since moving to Gatewood, I've tried to go there about 10 times and it's NEVER open.

9. Default Re: Need help finding a good meat market - OKC area

The deli/restaurant part is still open at Kamp's on Classen but it appears the store part has closed.
    Still corrupting young minds

Thread Information