Widgets Magazine

Thread: Restaurants in Guthrie

Default Restaurants in Guthrie

Let's talk about the good and the bad. I've never eaten at any restaurants in Guthrie, (Except fast food joints Taco Mayo, Sonic and Arbys) but would love to know which ones to try when we do decide to head up there and eat.

Default Re: Restaurants in Guthrie

there used to be a hole-in-the-wall burger joint called white rock that i particularly liked... though it might be closed now.

-M

The White Rock is gone. If you like Chinese food, Mr. Lu's is a great buffet.

I know it's been a while, but when did the Sand Plum close?

I used to drive all the way to Guthrie to eat there a couple of times a year.

I was just going to post about the Sand Plum too. That was a great restaurant and we too used to drive up there to eat a couple of times a year.

The best restaurant in Guthrie is the Boneyard Grill. It's been open since March and is amazing! It's on Division.

The Sand Plum was great, it's been gone for quite some time. Although there is something up there now, (top floor of the Victor building) I think they only serve big groups and cater out, I could be wrong, I'll check and get back to you.

We all miss the onion burgers at the White Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCGRL99 View Post
    The best restaurant in Guthrie is the Boneyard Grill. It's been open since March and is amazing! It's on Division.

The DRIEST ribs for miles...You can't find a decent rib joint in Guthrie anymore.

You're right, I haven't had a decent rib here in years. Had some at the Stables last week, man they were bad. The ribs at the place by I35, Oklahoma's Best, or whatever it's called. They weren't bad there, but not the best.
    Every since Harriett stopped cooking, it's gone down hill since, that woman could cook a RIB!

Did you hear there is a steak place opening? It's in the building west of the PD on Oklahoma, where Ben Coffin first opened his place. I think the name is "Hastings Steaks", ran by the some of the Hasting's family in town. Pretty excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Okiekatt View Post
    Did you hear there is a steak place opening? It's in the building west of the PD on Oklahoma, where Ben Coffin first opened his place. I think the name is "Hastings Steaks", ran by the some of the Hasting's family in town. Pretty excited!!
    I'll give it three months , max...sorry, just being a realist.

True, so true, and sad. Maybe this one will stick, as long as the steaks are good and don't cost $40 a plate!

13. Default Re: Restaurants in Guthrie

I have not been to many resutaurants in Guthrie, but I always have enjoyed Granny-Had-One.

I went to Stables Cafe tonight in Guthrie. The service was terrible and the food was just OK. I would not return.

The service, that seems to be a common problem!

It seems to be worse in the non-franchise joints for some reason?

Granny's is Ok, problem is now they cut their hours and days open, they are closed most of the week and only open Thur- Saturday. (they might be open Sunday, can't remember off hand)

For a good breakfast, try the Cowboy Cafe on Division (use to be a liquor store), we have been a hand full of times, it's been really good everytime.

Okiekatt lives!

Marko,

The service was so bad at Stables Cafe that when I asked to speak with a manager before paying for my check, I found out she was also waiting on tables there herself. She was a "junior-varsity" manager, too --- things were so bad my check/bill was improperly prepared, and she had to correct it herself, as well as explain it to me. That's just awful.

wbrook, ha ha, one must always remember, vacations are good, even if you never leave the house.

Proverbs 12:15 "The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice"

Thread Information