Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sante Fe Cattle Co. in Midwest City

1. Default Sante Fe Cattle Co. in Midwest City

There is a "throw your peanut shells on the floor" place in Austin I like that has amazingly good steak for the price. So, someone recommended Santa Fe and I went the other night. I needed a steak, some new shoes, new dresses and needed a one-stop dealy-o so this is why I went to Midwest City. Anyhoo let me tell ya that was one of the worst steaks I've ever had. The waitress was great, I got to throw peanut shells on the floor, and my caesar salad was good. My filet had TONS of fat (I order filet because I have a phobia of meat fat, disgusting). My man's t-bone was one of the thinnest I've ever seen and it was nasty too. Even the bacon in my baked tater had a bunch of chewy fat! Margarita was well below my margarita standards. That should have been my first clue, I always order a "house" margarita on the rocks first because my theory is that if you can't get a regular right your premium margarita or mexican martini will suck too so why waste the money. I know I shouldn't have had high expectations at a place like this but with tip the bill was over $50 and for $50 we should at least be able to get an average steak. I knew better than to visit a copy-cat chain place and I learned my lesson. I should have (uh or my man should have) saved the $50 to use at Red Prime, which I am dying to try as soon as my fancy-schmancy dinner buddies get back from their cruise. The good news is that I found a fabulous pair of strappy-way to high heel-Nine West shoes for $20. I'll be wearing them tomorrow evening at the Urban Neighbors social at Brew Ha Ha for those of you that would like to see them. I crack myself up, I mean seriously. I'm so funny. I really am. LOL

Default Re: Sante Fe Cattle Co. in Midwest City

Fat on a filet?....Big party foul there

I'm a filet only kind of guy for that same reason...Fat on a steak may be tasty, but the grisly texture freakin grosses me out

Don't go to too many steak chain places, but I've never had a fatty filet at Texas Roadhouse...Good filet for only $14 or so

ive had very mixed reviews of sante fe cattle co.

when i first moved here i had a very good meal at the midwest city location but a few months back i had lousy food at the i-240 location. since then i havent been back because i kinda felt like you did, the food wasnt very good and the drinks were kinda lacking too.

just didnt meet up for the price of the meal.

I went. It was very "meh." The ribs tasted funky.

Won't be going back.

They used to serve to underage kids at the old Edmond location.

Sante Fe is hit or miss. It's usually good when my wife and I go. If you still want to throw peanuts on the floor, try Texas Roadhouse on I-40 and MacArthur in the Westgate shopping center. My wife and I ate their a few weeks back. Service was terrible but the food was good and fairly cheap and you can throw your peanut shells on the floor. If you're ever in Red River or Eagles Nest New Mexico, go to Texas Reds. These places are great and you can throw the shells on the floor too.

If I remember correctly there's a new Logan's Steakhouse just down the street from that Santa Fe location in MWC. It has the same type of atmosphere but may work out better for you... you might give it a shot.

We go to Santa Fe in MWC often - mainly because the S.O. likes to get a good filet. He is very specific when he orders it - medium, hot pink center, no butterfly, no/little fat. The specificity, plus the fact that we tip fairly well, generally gets us what we want and excellent service always.

On the other hand, we went to try out Logan's a couple of weeks ago. This was an early dinner/very late lunch, around 4 PM, and the place was all but deserted of customers. Five (yes 5!) hostesses were standing at the podium. We were ignored for at least 3 minutes while they chatted, even though I saw one look at us as we entered. Finally, we were marched summarily to a tiny little table and she slapped down the menus without asking "is this ok?" or anything of that nature.

We walked out, asking first to speak to the manager. He was "out". I told the gaggle that it showed, and we went down to Santa Fe and had a great meal.

Of course, it could all be a matter of timing, in either case - but we won't be going back to Logan's anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    He is very specific when he orders it - medium, hot pink center, no butterfly, no/little fat. The specificity, plus the fact that we tip fairly well, generally gets us what we want and excellent service always.
    This is not sante fe specific...

But it always irks me when you are basically required to throw more money at the staff to get something done correctly off the menu.

You already have the
    19 dollar steak that cost them 5 dollars
    2 dollar fountain drink that cost them 3 cents
    18-20 percent mandatory(atleast thats how its treated anymore) tip

Then you have to give another 10 percent to actually be recognized/remembered by the staff for them to give you good service.

What ever happened to the days of waiters actually working for a tip and wanting to give great service to get it. Anymore it seems like to get what you actually want, you have to throw half of the cost of the meal at them.

We have been to Santa FE in MWC a number of times and the food has always been good.
    If you go, ask to be seated with Courtney H.
    She is THE best server ever!
    p.s. I am no relation.....

www.IraqWarHeroes.org/Allbaugh.htm

11. Default Re: Sante Fe Cattle Co. in Midwest City

For some reason or another we can't get the cow to walk thru the doors; however, the wife and I go to Santa Fe and love the Cheese Sticks!

12. Default Re: Sante Fe Cattle Co. in Midwest City

Quote Originally Posted by cowzrul View Post
    For some reason or another we can't get the cow to walk thru the doors; however, the wife and I go to Santa Fe and love the Cheese Sticks!
    Funny.

My cat won't go to Chik-fil-a either.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Funny.

My cat won't go to Chik-fil-a either.

None of my cats will go near China House!

Yea i had it once at the new meridian location and didnt like it, the food was just ok and the service wasn't too hot.

Thanks for the tip. They sound substandard. Go down to Cattleman's.

Logan's is better than cattleman's or sante fe

Eww, Logan's is nasty and overpriced, I usually have better luck at Sante Fe or TRH. I still don't think you can beat Western Sizzlin or Mackie McNears for the money.

You couldn't pay me to eat at the Logan's in MWC. We tried, but couldn't get waited on even though there were at least 4 waitpersons standing there gossiping.

We walked out and went to Santa Fe.

Ive been to logans about 4 times and the food is always good, ive only had bad service once. Did you guys like it before, back in the mid-nineties before sante fe purchased the franchise?

Thread Information