Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moore Restaurants I Like

Default Moore Restaurants I Like

Moore and Trifecta Communications produce these monthly features that spotlight various Moore businesses and so on: Here's the link to a page where you can choose what you want to watch - not sure all of them are on there - but pretty nice:
    City of Moore Business Podcast
    There is also an Inside Moore list, too, that just shows different things but not necessarily businesses. Click on the little Icon to watch the video.

Two Olives Café
    located in the Old School at 201 North Broadway in old town Moore.
    Owners are Andrea and Tricia.
    Great at catering, too.
    Video from Trifecta: City of Moore Business Podcast

Fusion Cafe
    1224 N Broadway, Moore
    Mother and her daughters own and run the place.
    You can watch a video about the place if so inclined: City of Moore Business Podcast

Golden China
    857 N W 12th, Moore
    I like the sushi and the grill deal and most of the food for that matter.

Rio Java
    106 W Main, Moore
    Great little coffee place - new owners now - Trifecta has made a feature since the sale.

I realize now there are several other places I like - but I am out of time. Ricky's, Alfredo's, all the Barbq places, many more.

Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

Haven't tried any of those places as of yet, but the wifey had a salad from Two Olives that she said was excellent

Maybe if I can finally get up on time one of these years I will swing by and try out Rio Java

Berkley's restaurant has some pretty good pasta...Their pepperoni chicken pasta is just as good as Pepperoni Grill's

Hey Easy - I hate to tell you - but Berkley's is gone. I think Rickey's is moving over there temporarily until their new building is built on the east side of the Interstate.

I think with all the new places they just couldn't make it. Hope Rickey's doesn't lose too many customers during the construction. But it's a buyer's market right now for good places to eat in Moore.

Guess you heard that IHOP is buying at Applebees - not sure what that means for us.

4. Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

It's posted elsewhere at length, but I can't resist the urge to plug Dan McGuinness Irish Pub's restaurant side. GREAT.

And Paca B's Pizza right next to it as well. Good stuff.

Two Olives sounds good...I'll need to be trying it.

Rio Java is an interesting story.

I met the previous owner and began visiting with her. She had been at OU for a while and had moved to Northwestern for her doctoral work in psych. Her husband told me one day he returned home and found this big box in the living room. His wife told him it was a coffee machine and they were heading back to Moore to open a coffee shop. I loved the place ever since. Plus I liked the coffee.

I haven't been in since the new owners took over. But i hear they are doing pretty well. They've really spruced things up. It's a little quaint alright.

Thanks for posting this...I am definitly going to try a few of these places..instead of same old same old...I do love Golden China..but since WLS my eyes are way bigger than my stomach...so it is hard to do buffet...When I can order a meal, eat what I can and take the rest home for lunch the next day or dinner that night...that works best for me..

The Wedge Pizzaria on Western is phenom...

Try the Truffle Shuffle...chicken tossed in truffle oil...mmm...

Dan McGuiness is unique, too. Good food and live entertainment - people really seem to appreciate it.

PacaB's is owned by Paul (forgot his last name) and great place - always really friendly and good, fresh food.

Don't forget the the wine tasting at Cheers Wine & Spirits
    next door to PacaB's too - very cool - and very knowledgeable about wines.
    I think it is pretty unique.

That Fusion Cafe place is worth a try if nothing more than to have them make you some of that tea they serve. I didn't like it but glad I tried it.

There's another Chinese buffet place over in Riverwalk that's pretty good too.

Russell Stover hand dips some of their stuff.

Alfredo's is usually pretty good.

10. Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post

Don't forget the the wine tasting at Cheers Wine & Spirits
    next door to PacaB's too - very cool - and very knowledgeable about wines.
    I think it is pretty unique.
    Cheers Wine and Spirits may have a good selection of wine, but I'm hardly an oenophile...And their beer selection is not quite as extensive as the place at 4th and Easter (in the old Buchanan's shopping center).

No point to this post...I just wanted to use "oenophile" in a sentence.

No point to this post...I just wanted to use "oenophile" in a sentence.
    And I must say it is a really outstanding word.

Does the place at 4th and Eastern have wine tastings? I notice that Cheers has a special room for that. I don't really understand all the legal stuff about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    It's posted elsewhere at length, but I can't resist the urge to plug Dan McGuinness Irish Pub's restaurant side. GREAT.
    Ditto.

The Agave Limeades at Alfredo's are AWESOME! I would go there just to get one of those tasty beverages.

Looking forward to the Furr's Buffet. Will be nice not to have to drive to I-240 for buffet.

Don't shoot me, but if you live in Moore and want REALLY good sushi, try Gaijin Sushi in the Robinson Plaza in Norman. WELL worth the drive. Would be nice to have a good sushi place in Moore. I'm used to west coast sushi places and buffet sushi is usually not to my liking.

Smile Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

FYI to everyone - I got an e-mail blast this week that RED Prime Steak is opening Tuesday, July 31st. Quite a few people were asking awhile back, so I didn't know if anyone else had posted.

Be the first to try the latest from the Good Egg Group!

15. Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    And I must say it is a really outstanding word.

Does the place at 4th and Eastern have wine tastings? I notice that Cheers has a special room for that. I don't really understand all the legal stuff about it.
    I seriously doubt it. But I've never asked. As I said, I'm not really a wine person. I just know that they blow every other store out of the water (even Cheers) when it comes to on-hand beer selection. I know that any liquor store can order just about anything you want (and they're more than willing to do so), but it's nice to have it already there. Cheers is nice though...Nice people running it too.

I just watched the Moore Business Spotlight on the Korean Oriental Market at 1224 N Eastern. Made me really want to go buy something there. They will definitely have to help me figure out what though.

The preceding segment on GFF Foods made me want to go it, too. The barbque looked good.

Flinty-

The Korean Market on Eastern has a decent variety of groceries. If you're new to Asian markets, you could try out the assortment of crackers and cookies in the first aisle, or browse around to see if any of the "ready to eat" foods look appealing to you. I think the freezers have a few choices of premade soups, sticky buns, etc.. Fortunately, more and more Korean grocery now comes with directions in English so you shouldn't be lost at all.

What constitues a good beer selection? Oklahoma is a tough market for beer.

As for the wine tastings, a store cannot legally have open bottles in the store for ANY reason. Some stores, larger ones, will lease a seperate space to have licensed seperately for such an event. These stores are rare to find. Most tastings in this state are held at private residences, restaurants or a brokers' facility. If someone is doing it in their store, it's illegal.

As for getting something in that you need or can't find at another liquor store...

All Liquor stores in the state MUST buy from the same five wholesalers: Central, Jarboe, Action, Dixie and Sterling. There are no other options. If one store has it, another can get it (as long as a wholesaler has it in stock), and they can get it by the next business day.

Just a little info...

Quote Originally Posted by dogden3 View Post
    What constitues a good beer selection? Oklahoma is a tough market for beer.

As for the wine tastings, a store cannot legally have open bottles in the store for ANY reason. Some stores, larger ones, will lease a seperate space to have licensed seperately for such an event. These stores are rare to find. Most tastings in this state are held at private residences, restaurants or a brokers' facility. If someone is doing it in their store, it's illegal.

As for getting something in that you need or can't find at another liquor store...

All Liquor stores in the state MUST buy from the same five wholesalers: Central, Jarboe, Action, Dixie and Sterling. There are no other options. If one store has it, another can get it (as long as a wholesaler has it in stock), and they can get it by the next business day.

Just a little info...
    Cheers does just that....The wine tastings are held next door to their store

I can vouch for the beer selection at the 4th & Eastern store...Has a wide variety of domestic, German, Mexican and various others...It does have a better selection than the larger and newer Cheers

btw...Had some Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse over the weekend....Way up there now on my Hef list.....Good crap there

That's pretty expensive feature then to offer wine tastings.

Do they give away the wine or do you pay something? Is it pretty enjoyable? Just curious. Is it by invitation or do they have hours?

flinty..It may just be the space hasn't been rented as of yet or that they share the cost with others in the strip...My wife has gone to one and it was free of charge...I'm sure they just try and get you to buy one or more of the wines they are promoting that night....Not sure if it's a hard sell or not

I believe they advertise when and where in the store...Think they do it at least once a month or so

Thanks easy. I am afraid my taste in wine leans toward the ones with the screw off tops.

If you are more of a screw off cap kinda guy then if you haven't already try out a Japanese plum wine...It's more of a sweet dessert wine I guess, but we tore through a bottle saturday night...Have various ones at the 4th & Eastern store

24. Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

Paca B's pizza is great. I also like Lemongrass Chinese Restaurant.

25. Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

I bought some Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter in that store (Cheers) the other day and they gave me a flyer for the next beer and wine tasting...I believe it was on the 30th or 31st. I'll have to look at it again.

By the way, Vanilla Porter is good for the soul.

Thread Information