Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moore Restaurants I Like

Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

will have to give jr's another try... went once and wasn't terribly impressed. i believe i had their hotlinks which, really, you can't judge the quality of a place on that.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    Does anyone remember a mexican restaurant that was located on the east side of I-35 and just south maybe a block of 12th? I'am not sure of the name... maybe Moore's little mexico? Man it was goood.
    Reboot

GoGo Sushi Express is good & affordable. China House is decent reasonably priced takeout. City Bites is really hit or miss. Sometimes it's really good, other times everything about my order is just WRONG.

hong kong take out or delivery is pretty good, they have some things that happy house doesnt have, and they deliver pretty quick.. try the seasame seed balls, there crab ragoons are really good

Really and truly, GoGo Sushi is my addiction. I love that I don't have to always have sushi, tried the habachi lunch special today and it was perfect, just enough and not heavy at all....really nice when you are heading back to work for the afternoon. My family goes way too often...in fact taking virgins tomorrow for lunch again!!

froggiluv, about how much does it cost to eat at gogo sushi? for likea bento box or noddles

I went back to GoGo on Friday & tried more stuff...loved it. I liked it much better than my first experience (the food was good then, but I thought the rolls were a little bland...this time, it was fantastic).

Jesseda - I got the shrimp & beef teriyaki bento box (shrimp & beef teriyaki, rice, tempura veggies, salad w/ginger dressing, 4 pieces of california roll and miso soup on the side) and it was $10.95. That was on the high end of the prices too...others are around $8. As for the rolls that I've tried, most have been around the $6 - $8 mark. We tried the GoGo club roll...it was $8 and every bit as good (if not better) than the $14 Lifesaver roll from Sushi Neko.

ohh sounds good, once wy wife and I can get my sister or parents to baby sit one evening my wife and i will try it, We almost tried it a couple weeks ago but we didnt want to take the kiddos in, we took the kids about 5 months ago to pho lang noodle house in moore and the kids didnt like anything there so after 5 minutes my kids started taking hostages and needless to say my wife and i ate military style and left quick before the place came crashing down. Thhey are 4 and 2 years old, to me the worse age to go out to eat unless its chuck-e-cheese, or mcdonalds

Yeah, there wouldn't be much for the little ones at GoGo. It's really crowded in there, too. We were there around 7pm on Friday & snagged the last empty table. Folks move through pretty quickly, but the entire time we were there folks were standing waiting on tables.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    I went back to GoGo on Friday & tried more stuff...loved it. I liked it much better than my first experience (the food was good then, but I thought the rolls were a little bland...this time, it was fantastic).

Jesseda - I got the shrimp & beef teriyaki bento box (shrimp & beef teriyaki, rice, tempura veggies, salad w/ginger dressing, 4 pieces of california roll and miso soup on the side) and it was $10.95. That was on the high end of the prices too...others are around $8. As for the rolls that I've tried, most have been around the $6 - $8 mark. We tried the GoGo club roll...it was $8 and every bit as good (if not better) than the $14 Lifesaver roll from Sushi Neko.
    Have to admit your recommendation had us try out GoGo tonight...Wife had the Teriyaki beef and I had the Teriyaki chicken bento boxes and we both enjoyed it ...Lot of food for $9

We had the spider rolls as well and they were tasty but I can't say I am a sushi expert...Pretty much like all sushi places including Target

Pretty excited about this place as it will go down as a Shogun Jr. and definitely cheaper...Of course Shogun is much better but the food was pretty close in quality and definitely a hell of a lot closer

I'm glad you liked it! It's nice being able to get good sushi without having to drive a long distance to get it.

If you like the "hibachi experience" and want a show similar to Shogun, you should try Sake in Norman (North side of Main St. across the street from where Hastings is...it's in a little strip shopping center). They put on a little show while they cook, and they offer the same basics as Shogun does, but for a much better price. They've got sushi too.

i so want to try this place out, i think i have adate open two fridays from now lol. My little 12 year old niece who is from california will be visiting me for her 13th birthday at the end of august, I asked her where she wanted to go for her birthday, she told me pho lan noodles, then a movie at warren ( she thinks it is the neatest thing how the employees are dressed up and they treat you like royalty she loves that) then she said mini gold at heyday or any alligator. I think its neat there is stuff for teens in more now compared to a decade of so ago. anyways she like pho lan noodles because she likes the summer rolls they have I tried them they are okay but everyone has there own taste. The soup if you order the large bowl is way to big for just one person ( i am a big guy and it seemed like a endless bowl).

So glad so many people are trying Go Go. We go probably 3 times a week, if we can afford it. Also, I have been trying the bento boxes and love the salmon myself. It is a great place for date night, we typically spend $30 on just sushi rolls, but it is so worth it. As for lunch time, their hibachi special is affordable, ranging from $6 to $8.

is harry bears still open? havent been there in ages. theres a dessert made with peaches i like, but forget the name.

Yep they are still around located in the Ciry of Moore shopping center off 35 & 12th. Fried peaches are the dessert you are refering to and they are excelent.

My favorite Moore restaurants would be, in no particular order:

BBQ
    Either Earl's or Dale's. If I want fries then it's Earl's, if I want baked potato or baked beans it's Dale's.

Mexican
    Las Fajitas. You seriously need to try their chicken enchiladas!! Their tortillas and cheese sauce are the best in town... hands down!!!

American
    Probably Chili's

Breakfast
    The new Jimmy's Egg

When is Moore going to get a real Italian restaurant (read NOT pizza)?? I'd love to see a Zio's, or an Olive Garden go in somewhere.

Can you get to-go at Sushi GoGo?

Yes! I've gotten it to-go, it travels very well. I've had better luck with GoGo's to-go than Sushi Neko's. GoGo's tastes just as good as home as it does in the restaurant.

One hint with getting GoGo's to go. If you have a cooked roll that is warm, ask them to pack it separately. If not, they will throw it all together in one box and you end up with everything being basically one temperature when you get home.
    I like my warm rolls to be warm and my raw sushi to still be raw when I eat it.

i really like the golden palace or china place off of 12th street between janeway and santa fe, its a lot cheeper than gogo, and i really like it, they dont have as big of a sushi selection as gogos but, they are less expensive and taste just as good to me.. plus they have many other food items..

My nephew picked up a to-go order for me at GOGO last night and HamWx you're exactly right. The sushi and beef teryiaki were in their own boxes but they were stacked on top of each other in the same plastic sack, which was then tied tightly for transport. When I opened it up, the sushi was a little warm. I stuck it in the fridge for a few minutes & cooled it back down, but I'll definitely tell them I want seperate sacks next time. The food was still good though

Thread Information