Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moore Restaurants I Like

Question Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

Are there any good Indian restaurants in (or near) Moore yet?

Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

My favorite is Misals in Norman. I liked it better when it was in Campus Corner but the food is still great. It is on Ed Noble Parkway. None in Moore that I know about.

3. Default Re: Moore Restaurants I Like

Try Himalayas on Berry Street in Norman. It's excellent.

I've lived in Moore and far South OKC my whole life. I'm glad we finally have some choices. Here are some of my favorites. . .

Maria's Mexican off 5th Street-It is in that dinky shopping center by 5th Street Park across from what used to be Exchange Bank. My only complaint is she doesn't serve beer.

Earl's-My absolute favorite barbeque in the OKC Metro

Golden China on 12th Street, between Santa Fe and Janeway. Their buffet is fresh and they always have Mongolian BBQ.

Soda Pop's on 119th and Western has some really good homestyle cooking.

Papa Murphy's also at 119th and Western has been my pizza choice for about a year now. They don't have freezers, so everything is really fresh. They make the pizza and you take it home to bake. It's almost as good as homemade.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideGirl View Post
    I've lived in Moore and far South OKC my whole life. I'm glad we finally have some choices. Here are some of my favorites. . .

Maria's Mexican off 5th Street-It is in that dinky shopping center by 5th Street Park across from what used to be Exchange Bank. My only complaint is she doesn't serve beer.

Golden China on 12th Street, between Santa Fe and Janeway. Their buffet is fresh and they always have Mongolian BBQ.

Papa Murphy's also at 119th and Western has been my pizza choice for about a year now. They don't have freezers, so everything is really fresh. They make the pizza and you take it home to bake. It's almost as good as homemade.
    Is Maria's really that good? My friend's family owns that restaurant and I've been wanting to try it out. Just need to see if it's worth the awkward conversations and whole tipping-your-friend deal.

Does anyone remember a mexican restaurant that was located on the east side of I-35 and just south maybe a block of 12th? I'am not sure of the name... maybe Moore's little mexico? Man it was goood.

I can't say enough about Alfredo's. Their beef fajita qusadillas and fajita nachos are da bomb! ...Yeah, I just used that term. Plus, Wed nights is $1.50 Mexican beer night. I might be shooting myself in the foot by advertising that wealth of knowledge, but it's gooood stuff. Now I might have to actually wait to sit down if everyone rushes there. Oh well. Go give em a try.

Oh, and McAlister's rocks my socks too. Good time sandwiches and magical iced tea. I'm all for that.

Earl's best BBQ in the metro? There are many better options than Earl's.

what's a better bbq joint in moore, metro?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbubba81 View Post
    I can't say enough about Alfredo's. Their beef fajita qusadillas and fajita nachos are da bomb! ...Yeah, I just used that term. Plus, Wed nights is $1.50 Mexican beer night. I might be shooting myself in the foot by advertising that wealth of knowledge, but it's gooood stuff. Now I might have to actually wait to sit down if everyone rushes there. Oh well. Go give em a try.
    Alfredo's? You mean Ted's little brother? YUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by osupokesno1 View Post
    Alfredo's? You mean Ted's little brother? YUCK.
    Nope. I do like Ted's too. But I just hate waiting hours on end to sit and eat. So I gravitate to Alfredo's. Yum-o

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Earl's best BBQ in the metro? There are many better options than Earl's.
    Agreed. I hate the Moore Earl's. The ones in Bricktown and on Reno are much better. In Moore, I like Swadley's. Have only been to Dale's once. Can't really rate them....yet.

The Rustic Rub is pretty good. It's new, on Eastern Ave. just North of the high school. They've got a drive thru and they deliver. I like it better than Earls (everything on Earls menu tastes the same to me). Van's is ok but VERY hit & miss I think. Sometimes I'll pick something up from there and it'll be great....other times it's dry and tough and just all around not good. It's almost like you can tell that someone different is cooking.

Marias is SLOP

JR's BBQ Is Better!!

SLOP, DOT WO is the best!!

Havent tried it yet tell me more??

Papa Murphy's It is Good not great but Good

Agreed. I hate the Moore Earl's. The ones in Bricktown and on Reno are much better. In Moore, I like Swadley's. Have only been to Dale's once. Can't really rate them....yet.
    Swadley's is SLOP

Quote Originally Posted by bobby821
    swadley's is slop
    care to be a bit more constructive? what moore barbecue joint do you like? -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    I prefer JR's BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Swadley's is SLOP
    Nope. Obviously no one here really agrees on BBQ. Best bet is to just try them all on your own and make your own judgment.

Nope. Obviously no one here really agrees on BBQ. Best bet is to just try them all on your own and make your own judgment.
    I have and they are all slop except for JR's and my own.

bobby, quit being a jerk. flamebaiting is against tos. -M

bobby, quit being a jerk. flamebaiting is against tos. -M
    I am not flamebaiting anyone just expressing my opinion is all

Quote Originally Posted by bobby821
    i am not flamebaiting anyone just expressing my opinion is all
    sure... you're expressing your opinion... in a manner that is so rude that it seems to be done just to incite anger. it's flamebait. if you continue you'll be banned.

-M

I tried los vaqueros in where the old godfathers pizza place use to be, well it wasnt that bad, reminds me a lot like chilenos, the waiter was really nice, lacked some english skills, my little girl wanted the childrens pizza but ended up with chicken strips, but my little girl didnt mind ( shes not a picky eater yet). I do not care for alfredos at all, last few times we went there, our food was frozen in the middle!!!!! They apologized a nuked it for another minute.. We where wondering how they where able to get the food out so fast!

Put me down for JR's as well...Their pulled pork and sauces are excellent

Thread Information