Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

1. Default Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

I'm happy that our drought is over and it's not hot outside.. I'm loving sitting in the backyard in the evenings - it has been so pleasant..

but I'm tired of the rain! Apparently we have another week of it .. the roads are already flooded and the lakes are filled to capacity.

How do you all feel about it... liking it? hating it? or could care less?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

I'm ready for swimming weather.

3. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

What's that?

Can you believe all we went through to get the pools ready? They won't even venture outside becauset they might get wet...lol

All we really had to do was dig a hole!

MadMonk Guest

On the plus side, the chance of fire from July 4th fireworks won't be nearly as high this year.

5. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

Try riding a bicycle to work every day! I'm tired of being squishy.

i think the rain is good.

I think the rain sucks. I'm sick to death of it. I love rain, but enough is enough.

8. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

I lost my entire yard to the fires last year due to NO rain.

Now I'm losing my yard due to too much of it.

Can't win for losing.

Rain needs to STOP. I've never seen so much continuous, relentless bad weather this late into the year.

I'm used to it being a bit rainy in May, then turning hot and dry in the summer. Who knows; maybe it's still May and I just forgot to wind my calendar...

Rain is messing up my yard; rain is preventing me from finishing a storage building in my backyard; rain is screwing up my vacation plans (nothing extravagant, but you really can't enjoy a day at Six Flags if all the rides are water rides...and its apparently supposed to rain down in Arlington, though not quite as much as here.).

This weather is just getting me down. I want some sunshine and blue skies again.

-soonerdave

10. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

The bottom of my jeans are wet...again. Oh well...I might be moving to Seattle this time next year. I guess this is some sort of test.

oh no. I would never last in Seattle. I completely understand why their suicide rate is so high. I'm depressed just from the rain we have had. I feel like I might drown soon.

The wife and I were just talking this morning about the rain situation. I agree that enough is enough. Everytime I get a day off so I can mow the lawn it is raining! My yard looks worse than it ever has and I am pretty picky about my lawn. My water bill has been very cheap this year though! As has my electric bill compaired to last year now that i think about it.

We made the national news today--CNN and MSNBC--thanks to a couple of idiots who decided to drive through some "standing" water at Ski Island, got stuck, and had to be rescued.

During this, MSNBC brought out their weather guy to show how much rain we were getting and the segment was titled "Worst Weather in America."

14. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    The bottom of my jeans are wet...again. Oh well...I might be moving to Seattle this time next year. I guess this is some sort of test.
    !!! I could NEVER deal with the rain in Seattle. I need sunshine, and lots of it, or I get really down. Maybe that's why I've been so crabby lately. I was in Austin last week, it rained every day there too, but it would shower for a while, then sun, shower, sun, so it wasn't so bad.

if i had to pick between the rain staying or the hornets leaving, i'd pick the rain to stay.

It's getting so bad that this morning, I was passed on the highway by a Sea Doo...

17. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

We're supposed to get our parking lot repaved at our apartment complex, but I know they can't do that until it stops raining...but in the meantime, the pavement gets weaker and weaker, and the potholes just keep getting bigger and bigger...
    Still corrupting young minds

18. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeKnight View Post
    It's gettin so bad that this morning, I was passed on the highway by a Sea Doo...
    They're wakeboarding in the ditches here.

19. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

Heck yes!

20. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts getting discouraged by this weather...

I'm suffering from SAD ..... and I'm sad that we are supposed to have even more rain!

21. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

I never believed SAD was a real condition until this winter when it was so icy...and now I believe it even more...
    Still corrupting young minds

I'm glad we're getting the rain, but I wish it would hit at night when we're all asleep. I was dying to play catch all day but you know us baseball players...we're afraid of the rain. Anyways, I find yellow grass to be more depressing than a lot of rain so I'll take the unpopular road here and say the rain is the lesser of two evils. Anyone here ever been out west in the high desert? Remember how depressed you were? Give me a wet forecast with a little sun over a drought ANY TIME.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

23. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

Are you guys saying that you want me to stop washing my truck every morning?

24. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

I'm tired of it.

It's making me depressed.

25. Default Re: Rain, Rain.. Go Away!

Does anybody remember the couple of days or so that we had sunshine?

It was a freakin' sauna outside. I would like to see the sun again, but I dread what it brings. This is summer and this is Oklahoma.

Thread Information