Widgets Magazine

Thread: GM - Tinker

1. Default GM - Tinker

So anyone care to take a guess at what Tinker is thinking of doing with GM??

Cornett is saying he has some private ventures in the works too.....I'd love to hear about those.

I wonder what sort of new mission Tinker could plan for with that much land. Plus, since it's west of the flight line, they could have some major development on land that alrready butts up to the base....giving is some much needed breathing room.

Question Re: GM - Tinker

Im an employee in MAD at tinker which some may know is plant management. We were told that some parts of the engine lines and accessories may move to the GM plant. Not sure when or where in the plant.

3. Default Re: GM - Tinker

I agere that Tinker should annex the land no matter what. It's a great opportunity for them to expand in an otherwise land-locked area. Plus it's way cheaper and easier than doing bond-issue work like last time.

Default Re: GM - Tinker

This isn't good for MWC schools -- possibly a huge loss of revenue. I'd prefer to see Tinker lease the plant rather than annex it.

5. Default Re: GM - Tinker

My bro-in-law works on planes out at Tinker and he told me that his building might be one of the one's moving to the GM plant. It was very vague information so I don't know anymore than that.

I'll ask him this weekend for any updates.

6. Default Re: GM - Tinker

Engine lines and some of the other accessories shops are moving over there. The MROTC is coming along nicely too.

7. Default Re: GM - Tinker

Unless some major change happened, last we were told, Tinker hadn't taken over the facility yet. Until Tinker actually owns it, they can't move in there.

Thread Information