Widgets Magazine
Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 388384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2402

Thread: Crossroads Mall

Default Re: End of Crossroads Mall near?

this article briefly states that crossroads will be redeveloped. anybody have any info about this yet?

http://www.naisullivangroup.com/OKNe...tatemarket.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dar405301 View Post
    this article briefly states that crossroads will be redeveloped. anybody have any info about this yet?

http://www.naisullivangroup.com/OKNe...tatemarket.pdf
    Link won't work

try this: http://www.naisullivangroup.com/OKNe...tatemarket.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by excerpt from linked pdf
    He said other retail development includes Memorial Road and Pennsylvania Avenue and Fox Lake Plaza in Oklahoma City. He also mentioned Crossroads Mall, which is being redeveloped.
    i bet the statement is just a reference to the current owners who have yet to do anything noteworthy with the property. -M

I just called Crossroads Mall Leasing department and asked the lady if there will be an announcement soon about redeveloping the mall. She said that they have a marketing company there now that is helping them setup a campaign to redevelop as well as an architectural firm going over plans. She said that there is going to be a Hispanic cultural section and that it will in fact still be a mall. She also said that there would be some big tenants coming to the mall and that an official announcement would happen in the next 60 days. Maybe this is actually getting ready to happen!

5. Default Re: End of Crossroads Mall near?

I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroiHikari View Post
    I'm not holding my breath.
    I know what you mean. I hope there is some truth to it.

High-end hopes in OKC: Economy boosts commercial real estate market
    by Molly M. Fleming
    Published: February 21st, 2013
    Bill Rancic was the guest speaker at the Commercial Real Estate Council’s annual Beyond the Headlines conference Thursday at the Devon Energy Center. (Photo by Brent Fuchs)
    OKLAHOMA CITY – The commercial real estate market in Oklahoma City and across the country is looking up as the
    economy improves, according to reports from the Commercial Real Estate Council’s annual Beyond the Headlines conference Thursday at the Devon Energy Center.
    Ford Price, managing partner with Price Edwards & Co., said an increase in median household incomes in the Oklahoma City metro has made the area more attractive to larger high-end retailers. Some of those retailers include Charming Charlie, Nordstrom, Costco Wholesale, Reasor’s, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Petland, Cabela’s, The Fresh Market and Versona Accessories.
    He referenced Whole Foods, a high-end store that was once hesitant to enter the market, but has seen a large success here.
    “They were afraid they wouldn’t do well in Oklahoma City because of pricing,” Price said. “But they have sold twice what they sold last year.”
    He said other retail development includes Memorial Road and Pennsylvania Avenue and Fox Lake Plaza in Oklahoma City. He also mentioned Crossroads Mall, which is being redeveloped.
    The total value of retail center transactions has nearly doubled from 2011 to 2012, with eight transactions worth $71.6 million in 2011, and 13 transactions in 2012 worth $127 million.

In downtown Oklahoma City, Price said, a resolution to the parking issue is still being sought. “It’s continuing to get tighter and tighter,” he said.
    Another development in downtown is the Stage Center, which may be the site of a corporate office in the future. The center is located at 400 W. Sheridan Ave.
    As far as the office market goes, suburban occupancy rates are declining for Class A spaces. This parallels the national trend, said Jim Costello, managing director for CBRE.
    “Downtown submarkets are now preferred over the suburbs,” Costello said. “We’re at an incredibly lush trend in the amount of office space per worker. People can lay off workers, but they can’t get rid of office space.”
    Price reported that in 2005, office sales peaked at $256 million. In 2012, he reported office building sales of $138 million, a slight increase from 2011 at $135 million.
    In the metro area, industrial warehouse space also parallels the national trend, which is seeing a decline, but Costello said it will increase as demand rises again.
    The number of industrial transactions decreased from 2011 to 2012, from 163 to 131, respectively. This decrease also caused a decline in the sales total, from $155.36 million in 2011 to $101.89 million in 2012.

I'm assuming the Nordstrom mention is for the Nordstrom Rack?

9. Default Re: End of Crossroads Mall near?

So Crossroads is going to reanimate? Lol.

Part of it will be Hispanic themed, the other half will have feral zombies. I imagine a transitional area between. Not sure where all of the people who hang out there now (sometimes described in this thread as "thugs") will hang out.

We have corpses fighting the skeletons.

I dont understand why zombies are still inside crossroads mall??? Dont zombies usually go were there is living people??? There is no food for them in that mall. Well changing subject from zombies a bit. I still wish they would put a Gattitown in one of the old anchor stores.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    We have corpses fighting the skeletons.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I know this sounds odd but wasn't there a store in the early to mid 2000's at crossroads that sold weapons? BTW I'm not talking about Eastern treasures. I think it was near the hallmark downstairs not sure.
    Yeah, they did, I remember that store, they sold swords, nunchakus, and sais

It was across the pet store I think

15. Default Re: End of Crossroads Mall near?

I have it on good authority that the powers at be are going to rename the development "Project Crossroads." No, I'm not kidding.

What is Raptor Properties doing with this mall? I thought they were supposed to renovate the mall and make it look nice again, instead they have been twiddling with their fingers waiting for something to suddenly happen

What is Raptor Properties doing with this mall? I thought they were supposed to renovate the mall and make it look nice again, instead they have been twiddling with their fingers waiting for something to suddenly happen
    I think they probably realized their original plan was not going to work so their working on a new plan that will actually work for the area.

CR and GoT may one thing in common ..... What is dead may never die!

They ought to rent it out to Amazon or other big name Internet seller to warehouse their products to send out.

Blog Entries

Awful configuration of a warehouse.

I flew in to okla city after work last Friday and I happened to recognize Crossroads Mall out my plane seat window on our decent into Will Rodgers. We were about 1 minute from touchdown so we were very low to the ground and I was able to see just how empty the mall was ... there were about 25 cars huddled together on the north face of the mall and about 10 cars huddled together on the south face of the mall ... the parking lot was completely empty other than that. So unless the mall employees don't drive, the mall had to be almost completely devoid of shoppers. At 740 on a Friday evening. Sad.

[QUOTE=Tavia;614659]I am still trying to figure out what was in the old Garfields prior to Garfields? Some have said it was "The Lions Share", but wasn't it something else as well?[/QUOTE

I remember that place. It had good burgers.

It was something before the Lion's Share, I can't remember what it was. A former neighbor across the street from my parents was the manager there when they first opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by oustud7 View Post
    I flew in to okla city after work last Friday and I happened to recognize Crossroads Mall out my plane seat window on our decent into Will Rodgers. We were about 1 minute from touchdown so we were very low to the ground and I was able to see just how empty the mall was ... there were about 25 cars huddled together on the north face of the mall and about 10 cars huddled together on the south face of the mall ... the parking lot was completely empty other than that. So unless the mall employees don't drive, the mall had to be almost completely devoid of shoppers. At 740 on a Friday evening. Sad.
    I honestly don't know how the businesses still there manage to stay in business. Maybe they are just waiting out their lease.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok
    It was something before the Lion's Share, I can't remember what it was.
    going off the directory posted a couple pages back, i'm going to guess it was tiffany's bakery. -M

Thread Information