Widgets Magazine
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46919293949596
Results 2,376 to 2,395 of 2395

Thread: Crossroads Mall

Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I posted about it 10 days ago which is what brought this thread back up and got people arguing, l

Pretty sure it had just closed at that point, but I don't a specific day.
    Thanks for posting that -- apologies for missing it.

Just a reminder for folks who just blindly post "tear the thing down"...

Crossroads has a complicated legal ownership. The former Wards and John A Browns/Sanger Harris/Macy's parcels are I dependently owned from the rest of the mall, and are now permanent homes for two Santa Fe charter schools. They're not going anywhere. So they're not going to randomly just "bulldoze" the entire place.

I never did hear any more from the last round of grifters that came in under the notion of reopening the place, although I think most (?) of the presumptive tenants got their money back (?).

^

The new owner of the mall owns the south and west department stores as well.

The east and north former department stores are under separate ownership.

4. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

But they could still bulldoze the majority of it and leave those structures intact. They do not share infrastructure, so wall of that doorway to the mall and you're done.

Santa Fe South has plenty of room there for sure, and very little incentive to sell/move. So I agree, i do not think that they will be going anywhere. But that does not mean that the rest of the structure couldn't go. Who knows, maybe someone else will decide to develop something and then offer to build SFS a new home on the land, so it can also go.

The new mall owner from Salt Lake City owns everything outlined in red. He paid a total of $6.5 million in May of 2021.

The east and north department stores and related parking lots are owned by Santa Fe Charter Schools (shown in blue). The outlying parcels have a variety of different owners.

That's over 75% of the property, but no one wants ro do anything with it and demolishing costs money so until roofs start collapsing it will just sit there along with the other empty structures in that area.

Looked all around last weekend and didn't see any signs of life.

Wonder why they paid so much and do nothing with it. Seems like it was a huge waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looked all around last weekend and didn't see any signs of life.

Project appears dead. They left that in a state where the wood will get quickly destroyed by water. They would have to strip it back down to the steel frame.

10. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Well that was a dumb idea to start with. Didn't take much to see that it was going nowhere. Is it going to be a hispanic market or an asian one? Ah, neither ok. Instead, a rotting pile of crap. Gotcha.

I wonder if there's any appetite for the city to pursue it. Solar farm?

11. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Well that was a dumb idea to start with. Didn't take much to see that it was going nowhere. Is it going to be a hispanic market or an asian one? Ah, neither ok. Instead, a rotting pile of crap. Gotcha.

I wonder if there's any appetite for the city to pursue it. Solar farm?

I see it eventually being redeveloped in 5 to 10 years once interchange is done. There is a lot of development to the east along I-240 so I think crossroads may become a better investment at some point.

In today's City Council meeing, Councilmember metioned a proposal for a housing/mixed use development in the parking area of Crossroads. I didn't hear who was proposing this or how serious it is. Does anyone of any information on this proposal?

The biggest unrealized potential for this property is a transit-oriented mixed-use development to take over the mall and outparcels... but for that to happen, it'll require the proposed Edmond-OKC-Norman commuter rail line to actually happen too. But a nice commuter rail station combined with housing, retail, and commercial development here would be a *massive* game changer for the south side, imo.

15. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    The biggest unrealized potential for this property is a transit-oriented mixed-use development to take over the mall and outparcels... but for that to happen, it'll require the proposed Edmond-OKC-Norman commuter rail line to actually happen too. But a nice commuter rail station combined with housing, retail, and commercial development here would be a *massive* game changer for the south side, imo.
    You would have to have demand for commercial development. In my small opinion, it seems it would make an incredible site for a distribution center or manufacturing facility.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    You would have to have demand for commercial development. In my small opinion, it seems it would make an incredible site for a distribution center or manufacturing facility.
    The demand would be contingent upon the commuter rail station, to be honest. I have doubts that any of that would be truly feasible without the commuter rail line.

The other option? Knock it all down and let's put an IKEA there! (Mostly joking. Mostly.)

At this point, Crossroads Mall would be a great site for the new jail.

Just buy out the private school and find a nice place for them to relocate.

I agree that it should go industrial. Not much demand for retail in that area. Now something that brings in jobs would be good for the area. Jobs might be a spark for small restaurants/fast food places. Which again means more jobs.

20. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Aquarium? lol

Thread Information