Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads Mall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

What?

Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Yeah apparently city planners need to accommodate the sloths.

thanx flatlander! i found it. it still has a couple of cloverleafs, but it is still much improved. is that the place where ou hockey team practices there on 79th? it looks like it will have to be moved. yes, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    thanx flatlander! i found it. it still has a couple of cloverleafs, but it is still much improved. is that the place where ou hockey team practices there on 79th? it looks like it will have to be moved. yes, much better.
    When was this announced? That rink is also where the Blazers practice. I play in a Sunday night league there as well.

i don't think it was announced. just by looking at the site map of the interchange, it looks like that building will have to be moved because there is a purposed ramp about ten feet from the front door.

I still can't find the drawing on the site last directions were kind of vague

Its a little challenging to find:

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/meeti...i240aerial.pdf

hmmm... two things that appear likely from that map:

1. home depot stays

2. best buy stays

-M

9. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Demolish Crossroads and put a stadium there. my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Demolish Crossroads and put a stadium there. my 2 cents.
    Crossroads Mall will stand forever !!!

perhaps as a derelict building
    I'm just joking I hope it hangs on live on the SE side I would hate to see there's no real book store in the middel area and their American Egale is larger than Penn's

12. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

All this Crossroads will close in Spring '09 stuff is silly.

These stores have leases. You don't just close a mall. It will just continue to lose more and more stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    All this Crossroads will close in Spring '09 stuff is silly.

These stores have leases. You don't just close a mall. It will just continue to lose more and more stores.
    Since there are several "national chain" stores, they could just pull out of the mall and pay the rest of their lease off if they find it more cost effective. Look at the 600+ Starbucks that just recently closed, some of them brand new with 5 year leases, they found it cheaper to pay the 5 years of lease than to pay employees, rent, utilities, etc for 5 years compared to their projected profits or losses.

14. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Anyone know the longest lease time of the stores?

That interchang rebuild can't happen too soon. IN the last six-months/year, I'd be willing to bet the frequency and severity of accidents at this interchange have spike. There was a horrible four car collision on the eastbound-I240-to-northbound-I35 ramp this morning that had traffic backed up the better part of a mile; Friday night last, there was another accident just a few hundred feet west, near Shields on the eastbound side. I was perhaps 30 second behind another horrible accident on that same stretch not two weeks ago...I-240 at that interchange is getting very, very dangerous.

16. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Yeah but it just doesn't happen that way.

So did Macy's and Dillards Leases expire or did they pull out with remaining terms on their leases. I guess time will tell us what will happen.

18. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Dillards is still there.

19. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Dillards is still there.
    I was there over the weekend. Dilliards is CLOSED! Doors locked, inside all empty. It is GONE! Okay, I don't mean to cause a heart attack, just know that I'm jokin. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Dillards is still there.
    I think they downscaled it to only one floor. It used to be 3. I bet it gets closed in the next round of closings for Dillard's.

Quote Originally Posted by bdub02 View Post
    I think they downscaled it to only one floor. It used to be 3. I bet it gets closed in the next round of closings for Dillard's.
    I saw it for myself ... as of today still a full store with all 3 floors fully stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    So did Macy's and Dillards Leases expire or did they pull out with remaining terms on their leases. I guess time will tell us what will happen.
    Actually, Macy's and Dillard's own/owned their buildings at Crossroads; however, Crossroads owns the JCPenney and Steve & Barry's buildings. (according to Oklahoma County Assessor) obviously I'm not totally sure, but seeing how Dillard's owns their own building and it probably wouldn't sell for much if they closed, then I would think it would stay open for a while as a "clearance center" as they do with declining stores in other areas.

23. Default Re: Crossroads Mall Managment Crying About I-240-I-35 rebuild

Last time I was there, around few weeks ago, they still have all 3 floors.

jbrown is right. Like with Shepherd Mall, Crossroads will continue to dwindle. It won't close all at once. Eventually, in 10 years, someone will purchase the property for cheap, and redevelop it as something else. That's just the way real estate development works. I wouldn't be surprised to see a multi-use development concept with offices, some retail, middle-range apartments, etc.

25. Default Is Crossroads Dying Away?

I am just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the future of Crossroads Mall. I went in there last week and frankly felt unsafe the whole time I was in there. From the outside, the mall looks not too different from Quail Springs, but once you go in, it is the polar opposite. An increasing number of stores are no-namers and the overall appearance is trashy. It easily could be considered "the ghetto mall". The only store that remotely is targeted to the college aged audience is American Eagle. I've even heard JC Penney is possibly looking to relocate to a freestanding store at Riverwalk in Moore. I'm not quite sure why this is since the location is perfect: it's the closest mall to the wealthiest zip code in Oklahoma and is at the intersection of 2 major interstates. Although there are some lackluster areas around Crossroads, the same could be said for Penn Square. Personally I give the mall 5 years before it is gone.

So my question to you is: Is Crossroads dying away, and what can be done to fix it if possible?

Thread Information