Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't there any QuikTrips in OKC?

1. Default Re: Why aren't there any QuikTrips in OKC?

Lives changed by a Quickie Mart? Um...personally I pretty much never do anything but pay at the pump. I'll use 7-11 for the no-charge ATM, but that's it.

Hopefully you guys know if you are buying drinks and stuff at any gas station, you are spending more than you need. In OKC we have Crest (which is SUPER cheap groceries and way nicer than cheapo Buy 4 Less or some crap), but even Wal-Mart is better. Why pay $2.00 or $2.50 for a 20oz at the gas station?

Who needs the Quickie Mart? Now here's the trickey part. Why don't you rhyme with me? Sorry...just had a Simpsons flashback there for a minute with Apu Nehasapeenapedalon. LOL

Default Re: Why aren't there any QuikTrips in OKC?

QuikTrips are cleaner than most convenience stores.

The people who work there are polite and they get you in and out of their store quickly.

Given the choice, I'd rather live in OKC, but I would miss QuikTrip.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Hopefully you guys know if you are buying drinks and stuff at any gas station, you are spending more than you need. In OKC we have Crest (which is SUPER cheap groceries and way nicer than cheapo Buy 4 Less or some crap), but even Wal-Mart is better. Why pay $2.00 or $2.50 for a 20oz at the gas station?
    Last I checked, QT's were selling 32 oz. fountain drinks for $0.69.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    you've obviously havent been into a QT in a very long time -

-Large fountain selection, with add in flavors, and energy drinks aviable for the same low price on the fountain.

-Cheap drinks

-Good/ large assortment of coffee, fresh dounuts

-clean facilites

-easy access/egress

-very large selection of items on the grill, not your typical gas station food. hot dogs, pizza rolls, eggrolls, and others. really have to see it.

-very large selection of good refridgerated sandwiches, burgers, chicken sandwiches, subs, etc. like i said before, its not your typical gas station food.

-high quality condements.

..i could go on..
    Most of the larger Circle K's and OnCue's have everything mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Last I checked, QT's were selling 32 oz. fountain drinks for $0.69.
    7-Elevens are $.59

I don't see what the big deal is either way.

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    7-Elevens are $.59
    I'll pay the extra dime for QT's way-better beverage selection and complimentary cherry and vanilla flavorings--when I'm in Tulsa, anyway.

I don't see what the big deal is either way.
    Have you been in a QT yet?

Circle K has been running theirs for $0.49 and $0.59 since they took over All Star.

I would like to see QuikTrip come here, maybe they would put some of the teenage liquor and tabacco stores out of business.

We could use another something in Moore near 19th & Telephone for fuel. Murphy's at Wal-mart is insane now and getting worse. The 7-11 at 19th & Santa Fe is full every time I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Most of the larger Circle K's and OnCue's have everything mentioned above.
    As ive mentioned above, I HAVE BEEN TO ONCUE's(and also circle k)...

Its not the same, next time your in tulsa go to a QT and see what i mean....

10. Default Re: Why aren't there any QuikTrips in OKC?

OnCue doesn't hold a candle to QT

Having grown up in Wichita and experiencing all that is QuikTrip.... I think the language "changes lives" is very appropriate.....

I love living in the OKC metro area and don't ever plan on living anywhere else, but QT's are the one thing I yearn for the most in our city.....

the okc convenience stores is ghetto, even in nice areas, the circle K's coming in are just re-branded shell stations (or something similiar) -- Q Trip puts every c-store in okc to shame. no comparison.

Homelands is ghetto too, trashy nasty.

the rooster booster slushees are pure greatness

last time I spent a weekend in Tulsa, I had like 6 or 7 of them

for all the QT glory statements, my trips to tulsa tend the other direction. The big QT's, like bigger 7/11's here and yon, On Cue, etc. are cleaner and fairly nice. The rest are no better, no worse than your typical in&out, irrespective of the brand name or the corner or the community in which it sits.

Just another take by one who doesn't find any particular store to be more than it is, a way to get something without a lot of walking involved, ergo saving me some time, a commodity far more precious than items I do not consume or flavors that detract from what i prefer.

to each their own, fall upon the qt or 711 altar if that fits the need, I'll do my level best to not step on ya as I pop in and back out 8^)

16. Default Re: Why aren't there any QuikTrips in OKC?

I still can't believe we're talking about convenience stores.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    As ive mentioned above, I HAVE BEEN TO ONCUE's(and also circle k)...

Its not the same, next time your in tulsa go to a QT and see what i mean....
    I've been to many, many QT's in my life. Not life changing. Yeah, they're above average gas & go's, but not much else.

A little overrated, much like the 'hills & trees'...

I'll actually be in Tulsa tonight. Maybe I'll see a miracle happen at QT!

I've been to many, many QT's in my life. Not life changing. Yeah, they're above average gas & go's, but not much else.
    Well as ive mentioned before, i grew up in tulsa and im fond of the things there. One thing i like about QT's is that they are consistant in all of there locations. Each store is clean, each store has the same items, each store is well kept, and you are greeted when you walk into each location.

When i moved here alot of people said, 7-11 are the same thing, its just another gas station. Ive been all over this OKC and have noticed that the majority of 7-11 are trashy, and the ones in the newer areas(like near my house) arent really that great either. Granted they are cleaner/ newer incompairison to alot of 7-11's in the rest of the city, but there just isnt that consistancy/ variety that you find in QT.

I could go to industrial west tulsa, higher income south side, all the way to north tulsa, then out to the suburbs in jenks and all the stores will all be well kept, clean, and have decent employees working there 24/7/365.

19. Default Re: Why aren't there any QuikTrips in OKC?

A little overrated, much like the 'hills & trees'...

I'll actually be in Tulsa tonight. Maybe I'll see a miracle happen at QT!
    After spending most of my life going to 7-11, going to QT for a few years was just an amazing pleasure.

I was not used to being greeted as I walked in with a "Hello".

I was not used to a nice clean place, with restrooms that you could actually use without holding your breath.

I was not used to clerks that were truly on top of their game, working as efficiently as they could, pre-counting your change as they anticipated what you were going to give them.

I was not used to clerks that treated you like a valued customer, rather than an inconvenience.

I know the culture at QT stems from its management, and I know a woman that took a high-powered job there and was required to actually train in the stores to make sure she really understood everything that was going on.

The "miracle" of QT is its management philosophy, and the way they make you feel when you walk in and walk out. A trip to QT is actually kinda fun, while a trip to 7-11 is mostly just a burden.

I do not know which 7-11's you frequent but, the stores I visit are always clean. The clerks are always friendly and most know the regulars by name.

7-11 is in the process of replacing the older stores and all the new stores are drastic improvements from the older stores.

I like the fact that the new stores are high traffic freindly and offer a wider selection of choices.

The one thing I noticed about OnCue (This probably the same situation with QuickTrip.) is that they are trying to reach a broader spectrum of customers. They carry more than your traditional convenience store but not enough to be a full fledged grocery/discount store.

I as I said earlier I hope they do come to OKC one day. I think the OKC convenience store market could use a little healthy competition.
    I think competition is a good thing because the consumer is the one that always wins in the end.

More competition means better services and better prices.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    After spending most of my life going to 7-11, going to QT for a few years was just an amazing pleasure.

The "miracle" of QT is its management philosophy, and the way they make you feel when you walk in and walk out. A trip to QT is actually kinda fun, while a trip to 7-11 is mostly just a burden.

Every time i go back to tulsa to visit friends or family i always make it a point to go to the one by my parents house.

Besides going into the store i always fill up on their Top Tier gas. The one thing that pisses me off about OKC locations that are rated top tier(conoco, phillips66, shell ) are that they are ALWAYS more expensive than the 7-11 right by my house. Never fails, i tried when i first moved here only to put to quality gas in my new car but after repeatly trying to go to those other stations 7-11 is always the cheapest.

When in tulsa, QT which is top tier IS 9 times out of 10 the cheapest gas in town.

Top Tier Gasoline

I also like how they arent in alpha order and QT is at the top of the list.

What I like about 7-11's is they compete with each other on gas prices. They are never the same around the city. In Tulsa, QT's raise the prices all at the same time, and everyone else raises theirs to match, so there isn't nearly the competition for prices.

I never go into convenience stores, I pay at the pump, and go on. I don't care about how nice it is on the inside. If I need something else, I go to a real store.

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    I never go into convenience stores, I pay at the pump, and go on. I don't care about how nice it is on the inside. If I need something else, I go to a real store.

You obviously have never been inside of QT.

In the year ive lived in okc ive gone inside of a 7/11's only a handfull of times and that was just to use the ATM. I would rather pay at the pump and leave.

I will also so the majority of the times ive gone back to tulsa gas prices were +/- 2 cents of okc 7-11's

I have been inside a QT, and it didn't impress me. It is better than a 7-11, but who cares, I don't want to shop in a convenience store. No matter how good it looks, it is still more expensive than almost anywhere else.

Earlier this year I was in Tulsa for a week on business when the gas prices jumped up 8 cents between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm. In OKC the prices gradually go up, and you can still find a place to get cheaper gas before they all level off. In Tulsa, QT's go up all at the same time, and everyone else matches them. I drove all over Tulsa looking for gas at the price it was at 4:30, and I couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post

Earlier this year I was in Tulsa for a week on business when the gas prices jumped up 8 cents between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm. In OKC the prices gradually go up, and you can still find a place to get cheaper gas before they all level off. .
    Living .25 of a mile away from a gas station when gas spiked here in the morning it would 2.48, when i would get off it would be 2.58, i would wake up the next day and gas would then be 2.65...you get the idea.

The prices sure didnt go up gradually here like you seem to think the did.

Thread Information