Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aranda

Default Re: Aranda

I've received some pretty cool things for the auction! Thanks to all of you that have emailed and stepped up to help. So far confirmed I have dinner for two from Red Rock Canyon Grill, a basket of Bath and Body Works items, and I don't know what I am getting from Ted's, Poblano Grill, Bellini's and Hudsons Pub but I'm getting something from them. I also may have some expensive fishing gear. I am waiting to hear back from several other local businesses that want to help and are seeing what they can give. Oklahomans really rock. Just wanted to share. Now that you see quality items are being contributed...what can you offer? I have 2 more days to get items!

In 6th now...About 200 short of 5th

4. Default Re: Aranda

Up to 5th place

LAST DAY TO VOTE!!!! THEY NEED OUR HELP. PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, CO-WORKERS, AND PETS TO GO VOTE TODAY!!! FROM THE BOYS -

WE HAVE TO DO THIS......TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS FOR THIS ONE DAY WE HAVE TO VOTE LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW......WAIT THERE ACTUALLY IS NO TOMORROW........SO VOTE LIKE IT WHATEVER HAPPENS WE NOW KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE BEST FANS WE COULD EVER ASK FOR........YOU GUYS HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND AND WE THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH US ALL THESE YEARS...........BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL FROM US.............LETS WIN THIS THING!!!!!!

http://lollapalooza.mp3.com/feature/2007lollapalooza/?band=ARANDA

Thank you guys so much for the votes and helping get Aranda to the number one spot in Lollapalooza!! We know what those boys can do live, so we are not worried at all about the judges picking them to play the festival. I will definitely keep you updated on that.

The benefit tomorrow night is very important because they need gear to take with them to play in Chicago!! So far we have some pretty cool items that will be raffled off. Tickets for that will only be $1 and the cover is only $5. All of that will go to Aranda.

Thank you so much to all of the people that have contributed the following items:

$70 gift certificate to Red Rock Canyon Grill (2 of those!)
    Gift basket of Bath and Body Works
    Gift basket from Remington Park
    2 tickets for the Ice Skating Rink and Snowtubing in Bricktown
    autographed guitar from Guitar Center
    Lottery Tickets (a pack of 20)
    $50 gift certificate to Bellini's, the Pablano Grill, or Henry Hudson's Pub
    Autographed Aranda Picture with merchandise
    2am Merchandise

and more items are still coming in!!!!

Where is the benefit tomorrow night??

Bora Bora
    24th & Walker
    8pm - 12 midnight
    Aranda w/
    2am, Albert Aguilar, Luma, Aaron Newman, Gabriel Marshall, Rocky Kanaga and Ocean will be playing
    $5

I just want to say thank you to everyone that contributed with the Aranda benefit show. We had a great night and the guys appreciate all of the support. We ended up making just under $2000 for them that night!! Tracey and I want to especially thank all the bands and everyone that showed up and put in a helping hand with the raffle items. If you weren't able to make it out to the show but still want to contribute please make checks or money orders payable to Aranda Music and send them to:

Tracey Carter
    c/o Arandamusic
    PO Box 1895
    Bethany, OK 73008

PS - The guys are very excited to hit Chicago next week and give it their best for Lollapalooza. Those of you that can't make it to Chicago can watch it live via the internet in the AT&T blue room. Once I get my final link for that, I will post it. I might even try to organize a big Aranda watch party!

LOLLAPALOOZA FINALS TONIGHT!!

I'll be waiting anxiously to hear if the judges pick them or not tonight. All top 5 bands will perform and then the judges will pick the top 2 who will perform either Friday or Saturday morning. If they win, I will post a link for all us to watch it live online.

Whoo hoo!!!! Go boys go!

Exclamation we can help vote tonight!!!

Around midnight oklahoma time we will be able to text our vote in to help aranda in the lollapalooza contest. We will not get the info on what to text until that time. AND we will only have a 5 minute time span in which to text our votes. So...if you are up around that time, have your phones ready. I will send out a bulletin with the information at that time. I will also send out a mass text message - if you are afraid, like me, that the internet will conveniently be screwed up around that time - send me your phone number and I will add it to my texting!!

Thanks,
    Kari

text "aranda" to 72757...one minute left!!

well, the results are in. Aranda did not win. We are all really proud of them for making it that far though - from 1000 bands down to the top 5 is awesome. Thank you guys for all your help, votes, and for tolerating the long posts!! Surprise - the two bands from Chicago won. I'm really bitter about it - so I'm going to bed.

14. Default Re: Aranda

K, I saw this and thought of Aranda since their instruments were stolen... maybe??

Instruments for an Entire Band! - $1960

Reply to: sale-390477637@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-08-06, 10:22AM CDT

2004 American Series Fender Stratocaster - Three tone sunburst, SSS, Rosewood Fingerboard. Hardly broken in. Original Hard Shell Case with accessories. Don't miss this one! $800

Dearmond S73 Guitar - Emerald green color. Duel Humbuckers. Looks like a Gibson SG. These guitars are getting harder to find. $300

Squier P-Bass. Black with Rosewood fingerboard. $100

Fender Blues Jr. All tube amp with master volume control. Very nice amp. $300

Fender 60 Watt Bass Amp. $100

Tascam US-122. $70

CryBaby 535 Wah Pedal. $60

CryBaby Wah Pedal. $50

Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal. $30

Digitech Bad Monkey - Awesome Overdrive Pedal. $30

Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo Pedal. $20

Shure SM-58 Microphone. $50

Behringer Bass V-Amp. $50

Yes, I'm selling all my gear. I had big plans to record music and went on a buying binge. All of this gear has been in my home and is more or less in perfect condition. I have a baby on the way and somebody might as well get some good out of this gear.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 390477637
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!
    Their album is set to be released 04.22.08 but you can preorder it online. Visit their myspace to preorder or to click the link for the Katt online this Sunday!!

MySpace.com - Aranda - OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - Rock / Pop - www.myspace.com/aranda

kmf, how is the band doing? Did they get all of their equipment replaced after it was stolen last summer?

Yes, they finally have everything replaced. They are thrilled to finally have this CD come out and can't wait to walk into a store and see it on the shelf. It's been a long time coming!
    Last year was rough for them. They had their equipment stolen, their grandfather passed away, and they had some tweaks with their record label. So I hope this year plays out better for them. I know they are anxious to get on the road and promote this CD.
    There are a couple of HUGE surprises going on with them right now too - and I'm not sure how public these are yet, so I'll have to wait and see if I can tell you that info or not before I post it. But as soon as I can post it I will!

Did anyone catch this last night? It was so great to hear the entire album on the radio! They received lots of calls and the guys have had an incredible reaction to the cd so far. OKC is being very supportive.
    Their music is being played on national radio and even topping some charts in other states.

Tonight on the Katt!
    They have a local band to band combat starting at 9pm
    Aranda VS. Trademark Twitch.
    Call in to vote for Aranda.
    460-KATT

In about 5 minutes Aranda will be doing a live interview on the KATT. They will play their hit single "Stll in the Dark" as well.

Tune in if you go out for lunch or tune in online @ ROCK 100.5 THE KATT

Aranda's CD release has been set!! It will be held in Oklahoma City at the Diamond Ballroom on April 25th.

Brief Update on my boys.

They've been getting lots of plays on the Katt and 94.7 the Buzz. Thank you for those of you that are requesting their music. Please keep calling in and asking to hear them. 460-KATT Thank you guys at the station for playing them. I have no idea what the number for the Buzz is - their website is unorganized. If you have that, please post it.

Also, they are playing Kattfest with Stone Temple Pilots, Coheed & Cambria, Shinedown, Blackstone Cherry, and Violence to Vegas. August 2nd at the Zoo Amp.

They are playing the Blue Dome Diner for Dfest - their set is Friday night headlining act. Whenever that is - like 1am I think.

They are touring with Saving Abel starting Sunday night, I think right now they have 3 dates worked out with them.

They have a few more things going on and had a chance to sit down and visit with some very interesting future opportunities so stay tuned. We will definitely have more to share!

Update!

Aranda is doing really well. They are currently touring with Saliva and Popevil.
    Kelly Clarkson recently purchased a song from them "All I Ever Wanted" and will be releasing that under the same album title on March 17th.

If you attended the Thunder game last Friday you got to see Dameon and Gabe Aranda perform the national anthem. They put together this funny video from that night. They are such goof balls.

You can also usually catch Damien Aranda when he's not on tour playing for free at the NW Campus of Lifechurch.

24. Default Re: Aranda

they play them on sirius and the dj's always say their name goofy.
    if you watch family guy you know how the kids at morning wood academy talk. thats how they say aranda.

Thread Information