Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aranda

Thumbs up Aranda

Aranda, a local rock/funk band from OKC, is in a contest right now to play the main stage for Lollapalooza. Helping local musicians such as this really helps bring more attention to some of our talent in Oklahoma. Aranda will be releasing their official new cd under the Astonish label in July. They have already started touring and are gaining a tremedous amount of national attention. Let's help them represent Oklahoma with their talent at Lollapalooza!! All we have to do is get them into the top 100 chart within the next 10 days. After that the official judges take over. All you have to do is vote for them once a day for the next 10 days. Use every email address you can find. Thanks for supporting your local musicians. Vote for them here, just go to the last band standing link at the bottom and find Aranda.

Lollapalooza 2007 : August 3-5, 2007 : Chicago : Grant Park

You can check out the latest info on Aranda on their label website -

Astonish Entertainment

or on their myspace page -

www.myspace.com/aranda

Default Re: Aranda

These boys need a good Oklahoma helping hand right now! This last weekend their trailer with every single bit of their equipment was stolen from a show in Sacramento, CA. This destroys them right now - with their national tour and trying to do the Lollapalooza show plus their CD release with their label is coming up. Yea, of course their label will probably take care of them - but it will most likely come out of their own pockets. If you know anyone in Sacramento that can help keep an eye out for their trailer and/or equipment, we would greatly appreciate your help. We will be getting pictures up of what's missing so you all can help us keep an eye out on sites like ebay also. Some of the items, like Dameon's guitars, are pretty unique. I'm also in the process of trying to set up some benefit shows and whatnot for them here in the metro. Anything you can do to help will be appreciated!
    Thanks.

3. Default Re: Aranda

OH that is horrible! That happens so frequently... so sad.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Wink Re: Aranda

Thanks to Marika at newschannel 4 for covering this story for us! Check out the 10:00 PM news tonight - they interviewed Gabe Aranda. Well, they interviewed me also, but maybe they will skip that part!

Hey Everyone, as part of this benefit I am planning, we are going to have a silent auction and will give away the items in between music sets that night. If anyone has anything they are willing to contribute to this please send me a pm. Thanks!

The boys found their trailer! Of course, everything in it was gone...but at least they got the trailer back. If people want to help out they can send cash or checks made out to Arandamusic and send them to:

Tracey Carter
    c/o Arandamusic
    PO Box 1895
    Bethany, OK 73008

Also, today is the last day to vote them into Lollapalooza! They are sitting at #109 - they only have to move 9 spots to get into the judges round. Please help them out by voting today. Use every email address you have.

Lollapalooza :: Last Band Standing 2007

THANKS!!

Aranda made it into the top 20!! They were the judges 3rd pick - so let's make sure they go to Chicago now. We have until July 20th to vote once per day (per email address). We have to keep them in the top 5, those are the ones that will go to Chicago and play in Lollapalooza!!! We are all so excited. Dameon Aranda just called me and is pumped up - he is so excited and surprised at the same time. They all appreciate the good old Oklahoma spirit and support.

URL:
    http://lollapalooza.mp3.com/feature/...a/?band=ARANDA

I just voted and they were up to number 2! Go OKC Talk.

Make it 401 votes!

Aranda says see ya later suckas!

Would be cool as he** for them to win...Can't even imagine how much it would do for their careers

The guys are still in shock I think. I am so impressed with the support Oklahomans are giving these guys right now. They have consistently been in the top 3 spots of this contest!! They are in a tight battle with 2 bands from New York. It is so much fun to watch Oklahoma give New York a battle!! Who knew we could compete with that kind of music support system? Thanks to those of you on here that are voting daily. We all appreciate it very much!! Keep it up. I have faith that if everyone keeps voting we will get them there. Only 9 more days...

I just voted again and they are #1. Hope they hold on.

12. Cool Re: Aranda

Aranda has dropped to 3rd place. I voted today!

no bueno! they dropped down to 5th!! let's push them back up.

14. Thumbs up Re: Aranda

I voted with every email that I have! Even utilizing my sons' and hubbie's. LOL...I posted it to my 15 yr old nieces MySpace, too!

15. Talking Re: Aranda

I just posted their voting arena on the OZZFEST site! I also posted a links elsewhere that will be sure to get some recognition.

They are back in 3rd place, now.

16. Default Re: Aranda

Moving up.. I've been voting with everything I have.. Go Aranda!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by OkieKAS View Post
    I just posted their voting arena on the OZZFEST site! I also posted a links elsewhere that will be sure to get some recognition.

They are back in 3rd place, now.
    okieKAS you rock!! Thanks so much for your help guys!

18. Exclamation Re: Aranda

The official Lollapalooza band bout is back in full swing.

Last Band Standing became the biggest rock-off ever in 2006,
    and more than 1,000 bands have submitted their heart and soul for the 2007 edition.

Two bands will soon win their dream gig as we watch
    the competition become even more fervid.

A 2 brother band,
    ARANDA, from OKC is in the runnings!
    YES!!!!
    Lollapalooza is a multi-band concert venue and this year it is in Chicago....
    VOTE so that we can send a band, not only from OKLAHOMA,
    but from OKC! As we already know OKLAHOMA will always be
    THE LAST ONE STANDING!
    VOTE every Day until July 20th!
    Be sure to check your mail to follow up on your VOTE!

ARANDA:

ROCK ON!

19. Talking Re: Aranda

For those that should be R O C K E D !!!

Even if you don't dig Rock Venues, please V O T E
    'cause these boyheads are from OKC !
    And you can help them make their BIG DREAM come true!

A R A N D A

20. Cool Re: Aranda

VOTE HERE!

21. Talking Re: Aranda

Dang it! Sheeeeeeesh......Whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... ...BANG!

VOTE HERE!

ARANDA BENEFIT!!

Bora Bora
    July 22nd
    8pm-Midnight
    $5 cover (all goes to Aranda)
    donations appreciated
    2AM
    Luma
    Albert Aguilar
    Aaron Newman
    Gabriel Marshall
    Rocky Kanaga

silent auction

Come rock out with us and help Aranda get back on the road!!
    Aranda will be performing and hanging out with us also!!

Guys I need some help with auction/raffle items! Any ideas? I've hit up every restaurant and music venue in town for gift certificates or vouchers. Who else can I bug? Even if it's something small - we can pull it together with other items and give away a package or we can raffle it off. Anything extra we can do to make them more money is worth the effort.

No offense, but I'd wait until we see if they're going to Lollapalloza. Otherwise, it seems as if it's giving an unfair advantage to them over any other local band. I wish them the best and have voted 15+times for them already and will continue to each day. I know alot more local businesses will be willing to donate if they are for sure going to represent OKC in a top US tour.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No offense, but I'd wait until we see if they're going to Lollapalloza. Otherwise, it seems as if it's giving an unfair advantage to them over any other local band. I wish them the best and have voted 15+times for them already and will continue to each day. I know alot more local businesses will be willing to donate if they are for sure going to represent OKC in a top US tour.
    They already are going to represent OKC in a top tour - their CD release from their record label is due to come out next month. How is it an unfair advantage to them? Frankly there isn't any time to wait for a benefit. They play in Dfest in Tulsa next weekend, the week after that is Lollapalooza, then they hit the road again for the national tour. They need some stuff now! I think if the other local bands are donating their time and loaning their equipment they don't feel like anything is unfair except that a good band with good people like Aranda got ripped off by thieves!!!

And btw - that is a big problem with the okc local music scene - nobody wants to do anything to help unless it's a nationwide top notch band. I've said this before though...it's a shame we don't support them to help them get to that level instead of waiting for them to explode and then jumping on the band wagon. Examples - Hinder, All American Rejects...how many shows did you guys sell out in okc before you got "big" ??? LOL

Anyway, thanks for voting for them though...we do appreciate that more than you know.

Thread Information