Widgets Magazine

Thread: New FDA approved diet drug

Default New FDA approved diet drug

Anyone rushing out to get some on the 15th?....I'm one to wait a while until I start to see a large amount of consumer feedback...Little concerned with the old gas and hard to control bowel movements since ummm I have to be at work 9 hours a day....Just wouldn't want to put my coworkers through that

Would be interested in hearing from anyone that takes it....Minus the highly detailed bowel movement description of course

What is alli?
    alli™ is the only FDA approved, over-the-counter weight loss product. But that’s only part of what’s different about alli. First, alli is not a miracle pill or a quick fix. Lots of other weight loss products promise results overnight. But alli is based on good things like hard work, smart choices, and gradual weight loss. Second, alli is a unique combination of a pill and a plan to help you lose even more weight than dieting alone. If you could lose 10 pounds through dieting alone, you could lose 15 with alli.

But alli only works if you work. And individual results may vary.

alli is not for everyone, and it’s only for you if you can commit to eating more sensibly and getting more physically active. alli puts the focus on the most important element of success in weight loss:

You. You are the active ingredient.

alli will be available beginning June 15th. Right now, you can take a tour of the alli starter pack. And sign up to receive email updates about alli.

How does it work?
    The alli capsule works by preventing your body from absorbing some of the fat you eat. When you take the capsule with meals, alli prevents the enzymes in your intestines from digesting about one-fourth of the fat in your foods. Undigested fat can’t be absorbed and passes through your body naturally. Which means your body can’t store it as fat. View alli in action

But it’s not enough just to take the capsules. alli is more than a pill, it’s a comprehensive program: a pill with a plan.

What’s the plan?
    Everyone knows losing weight is easier with support. That’s why the alli program includes myalliplan, an individually tailored online action plan developed by clinical experts who understand the challenge of losing weight. myalliplan was specifically developed for use with alli capsules.

Here’s how the plan works: When you purchase alli and register online with myalliplan.com, you’ll receive a customized action plan, based on confidential answers you provide in a brief survey. As you check in, you’ll get immediate feedback on your progress, plus specific guidance on next steps. You can also access recipes, menus, and interactive tools. And remember, this innovative support program is available online 24 hours a day. Learn more about myalliplan.

Does alli have side effects?
    In many cases, that’s up to you. alli works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects.

You may have:

gas with oily spotting
    loose stools
    more frequent stools that may be hard to control

Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of these bowel changes, especially if you limit your fat to 15 grams per meal.

While no one wants to experience treatment effects, you may think of them as a way to become more aware of what you eat. Minimizing treatment effects can be an incentive to keep from eating too much fat.

Managing treatment effects
    Even before you begin taking alli capsules, try following a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet so you can get used to making smarter food choices. Then choose a day to start with alli capsules such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect.

2. Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

Minus the highly detailed bowel movement description of course
    I almost lost my coffee..... oh sheesh.. way to ruin my breakfast Easy180! lol...

Gas with oily spotting? I'd rather be pleasantly plump than a skinny wench plagued with diarreah and loose bowels.. can I get a unanimous ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Of course, I'll be first in line to buy it... ha,ha.. thankfully, most of the interactions between ourselves are across the miles.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

3. Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

Soooo....It's like eating low-fat Doritos?

Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    You may have:

gas with oily spotting
    loose stools
    more frequent stools that may be hard to control

Ummmmmmmmmmmm... no thanks... I can get that by eating McDonald's or Taco Bell... I don't need no expensive treatment plan to achieve those results...

Of course, more frequent stools, in and of themselves, could help with weight loss... either from rapid evacuation of high-fat foods or from the inevitable nausea that results from experiencing the effects of "gas with oily spotting, loose stools and more frequent stools that may be hard to ignore"

------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

5. Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

I was in a seminar about diet pills, etc. and some of the ladies described their "explosive" bathroom events after taking pills similar to these. Call me crazy, but wouldn't getting OFF your butt and running be better than taking a pill and then having to sit on the throne all day?

6. Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

Call me crazy, but wouldn't getting OFF your butt and running be better than taking a pill and then having to sit on the throne all day?
    True, if most people thought like that, we wouldn't even be talking about explosive bowels ... remember the last 'No/Fake Fat' foods... what was it? Olestra? or who could forget Susan Powter... cut the fat and eat endless bowls of Pasta and Bread. I liked that diet. Too bad it didn't work!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

7. Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

Hmm, I take hydroxycut..works like a charm and have never had any side effects of any kind. It does what it is supposed and thats that. This stuff just sounds ridiculous.

8. Default Re: New FDA approved diet drug

I take 1 steak with a potato stacker at least twice a week.

Thread Information