Widgets Magazine

Thread: Airport Guide

Default Airport Guide

I wanted to let you all know, although MalibuSooner already noticed! , that our Airport Guide has been updated. Stop by flyokc.com and let me know what you all think and if you notice anything we missed. Thank you!

Also, I talked to a scheduler from United on Friday who was exceedingly pleased with the passenger loads for June for the United flights to and from D.C. It looks like the Oklahoma City market may have exceeded their expectations!
    Yipee!

Also, it may interest some of you that Telemundo does quite a bit of coverage of Will Rogers. Unless you are Hispanic or speak Spanish, you might not have ever seen their newscasts. They were out here Friday covering the passport issue, and they covered our ExpressJet flights for Hispanic markets in Albuquerque, San Antonio, etc. They are great to work with. Very professional reporters and photojournalists. They also covered the drought and recycling issues when I was at Utilities. I think they are a tremendous resource for those of us in PR who want to reach the Spanish-speaking public.

2. Default Re: Airport Guide

Jen,

Good news about United & Telemundo. As to what would be good to do, see my efforts, good or not, at Doug Dawgz Blog: Will Rogers Departures , which I'd have had no motivation to do were the same data at WRWA's website in a single place. This is a suggestion, not a criticism. I'm quite pleased as an OkieCitian about the progress at WRWA and its website.

Default Re: Airport Guide

Thanks Jen!

Please excuse my nitpicking, but I do have one minor suggestion about the site. The drop-down box on the left of the main page seems to be a little too short. I don't know if it's just the way my browser is rendering the page, but some of the options are being truncated, and there is no way to tell what those options say completely without actually going to that particular page. The first option shows to me as "A List of Cities Served Non" with half of the last "n" being cut off.

Keep up the good work, Jen!

WRWA is a valuable asset to OKC and the website can really be used to market both the aiport and the community.

I know you have even bigger plans in store, but we'll try to be patient!

I'll check it out, Doug! Thank you.

Regarding the SUPER ANNOYING drop down box, I don't care for it either. In fact, it makes me crazy. The scrolling divs or whatever they are called are on my list of "updates" to the site, which are in the works now.

I've been trying to think of a good time to say -- I'll be on maternity leave for six weeks - beginning as soon as baby #3 arrives. (Probably the week of June 25.) I'll still be updating the site from home, but it may be static for the first two weeks depending on how things go.

I appreciate the feedback a great deal. I don't take it as criticism. Really, this dialogue helps and has supported changes I've recommended to my boss. Also, I think some of you know more about this airport than I do. I've learned a lot from reading various posts/replies.

Someone called me at work today to request a favor. It was a freelance writer from the east coast. He then proceeded to put me on hold for five minutes while he took another call.

excuse that off topic by my comment to doug. i'm dangerous with the emoticons.

7. Default Re: Airport Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jen at Airports View Post
    excuse that off topic by my comment to doug. i'm dangerous with the emoticons.
    Aren't we all!

Hope all goes well with the baby and you, too! Good wishes, Jen!

8. Default Re: Airport Guide

It's not about the website, but has anything been done about the nasty dust bunnies that have collected in the glass light fixtures above security?

... as of a few days ago the "dust bunnies" were still on the fixtures and the bathrooms also needed a good cleaning!

I liked the flat pannel TV with the informational videos about Oklahoma, museums, etc though... now how about maybe some chairs or tables in that area or something else. I don't know what is missing but that seems like a wasted space other than the new TV/Video.

10. Default Re: Airport Guide

Jenn,

I noticed that your list does not include Washington DC - Dulles via United Airlines. Hopefully United will continue to be pleased with the route, so we could get a mainline flight via 737 or A319 (757, hope hope) which might continue on (direct) to New York [wouldn't that be great, another route to NY] and maybe in addition to the CR7. And you'll have to add Baltimore pretty soon as well.

I wonder if something similar could be done with United's LAX flight? If the loads are good, could we see an additional flight with it continuing direct to Seattle, Portland, and/or San Francisco. Maybe it could rotate between the three cities (Monday - SFO, Tuesday - SEA, Wednesday - SFO, Thursday - PDX, Friday - SEA, Saturday - SFO, Sunday - SEA). I think we could 'assist' the airlines with these creative routings that would ensure we could keep the route and possibly use a larger mainline plane.

Other than that, looks great.

I do like to hear that Telemundo is doing lots of local work in OKC. Hopefully Univision can join them, along with the major market stations. There should be some kind of travel show or something - to promote the routes at Will Rogers. Hey, why not do a 'featured city' destination each week, where a specific city would be featured along with promos for the airline(s) which serve it. We have lots of audiences in OKC (and the state) and we should try to reach all of them and get them to fly from OKC.

Hopefully, we can continue to add cities to that list!

Would it be possible to convince Expressjet to do one or two OKC-TUL nonstops daily? I think we could focus a little effort on regional cities, using them to boost our coastal flights. We should have at least one flight from Wichita, Little Rock, Amarillo, Lawton?, COS and they could connect to the coasts (or international to Canada, YYZ and YVR would be awesome). This is something that is done very well in Seattle (and Portland to a lesser extent) and is the reason why SEA-TAC has high domestic pax numbers.

I just think, if we could be creative and get the word out - OKC could become a viable alternative to the major hub airports for providing reasonable access to the coast (and to our city) for cities in our region, which would help ensure we would keep our routes and grow our pax numbers.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

11. Default Re: Airport Guide

I saw the new TV ad the other day.

Pretty nice.

Thread Information