Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What The Heck Is Up

Angry What The Heck Is Up

Why are these blog moderators so testy. Maybe I missed it but I didnt see how anything that was posted in that topic about GNL Saw 4 whatever whatever was inappropriate. Geez how many people are named Joe. Glenn Hayes is the city manager and the papers have wrote about negative things he ha sdone. They didnt not use his real name. I mean come on when he took the office he stepped up to be criticized if he made MAJOR mistakes. OKCTALK I thought you were different than the GNL. But it appears not. This is how they started.

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: What The Heck Is Up

What the heck is up with all the posts about some drama on another forum?

They didnt not? Does that mean they did? Calm down lemon. Grab a beer, find the spellcheck, and try again. Is this really a good topic? I have no idea what you are complaining about. Specific legitimate complaints would probably work better than a computer tantrum.

4. Default Re: What The Heck Is Up

The posts you mentioned were edited and the Last names were removed.

This was done in an effort to respect the privacy of the individuals you were discussing.

If you need further clarification, please feel free to send a Private message to the Admin/Moderator team.

We look forward to your continued contribution to the board.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Ok well that makes a little more sense to me. However, I still dont understand why there names were edited. It is all true. If it was ball face lying about someone then I understand but if you are from Guthrie the paper has even printed some of the info that we are discussing WITH THEIR FULL NAMES. Anyways, I am not the moderator. Madskunk we have had a little drama about some topics on the GNL website. They delete posts etc.... We came here because they dont mess with your posts (So I thought). We from the area are discussing the happenings on the GNL site. Thanks for your concern MadSkunk.

I guess all posts everywhere must be about puppies and roses. The people discussed are/were community leaders in Guthrie. If I want to discuss the president or governor, must I only say George or Brad?

Quote Originally Posted by Wbrook View Post
    I guess all posts everywhere must be about puppies and roses. The people discussed are/were community leaders in Guthrie. If I want to discuss the president or governor, must I only say George or Brad?

LOLOLOL! good question...the moderators on here have know idea who the "Leaders" in Guthrie are though you all LOL!

...ball face? Justin REALLY?

And Joe was making jokes about disabled children including my now DEAD 10 year old nephew. I really don't care about his feelings or privacy.

9. Default Re: What The Heck Is Up

*Grabs head* I'm so confused...
    Still corrupting young minds

MadMonk Guest

I see Guthrie has a long way to go before they produce intelligent posters who can refrain from juvenile name-calling. Thankfully, we've all been spared, up until now, the high drama unfolding on a Guthrie-focused board. Thanks for the peek at what we're missing.

LOL! your post is just as juvenile as theirs..if not more!

Marko, welcome here. I think what everyone is getting at is that it's great if you want to use this place to talk about Guthrie. If your purpose here is to discuss another BBS, we'd rather not have that. That is all though.

As others have said, welcome to this board. Hopefully many of us will get the opportunity to learn more about Guthrie through your continued participation and discussion. For whatever reason, the metro media seems to forget that Guthrie is a part of this MSA -- a big one. Maybe those news reporters don't want to drive all that way for fear they'll miss a deadline?

13. Default Re: What The Heck Is Up

I just find it very odd the way several of you post on the Guthrie board here as if it is the only one that exists. You never participate in any of the other discussions and even create duplicate threads because you don't want to converse with the rest of this community.

Whatever.

Folks, we don't have to bash these people. If they're here to talk about Guthrie, great. I welcome them -- y'all should as well.

If they're here because this is a safe haven for discussing drama on another board, I echo most of the OKCTalkers' sentiments. We don't want that.

I of course do not speak on behalf of anyone but myself. The admin/mod team may be perfectly happy with y'all bringing your GNL drama over here... but I doubt it.

I'm hopeful that if GNL isn't working out for some that they might give OKCTalk a shot. I think our current moderator team is more than equipped to be fair in all things.

15. Default Re: What The Heck Is Up

Not intending to bash them, it just seems odd. None of the other city boards are that way.

Oh.. I'm quite sure that this is not the first time the problems of one forum found their way onto another forum

In fact, I can verify that for you first hand

Guthrie is FULL of odd people.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Not intending to bash them, it just seems odd. None of the other city boards are that way.

http://www.okctalk.com/guthrie/9998-...d-service.html

19. Default Re: What The Heck Is Up

Thank you for posting that fine example.

20. Smile Re: What The Heck Is Up

Requesting a Forum for me and myself ONLY.

"OkieKAS Forum"

That way I can get all the messages and make appropriate, as well as timely, responses to myself. When I want to bash someone, I can bash myself, first and foremost!

If anyone else wishes to pro -offer their opinion I have the sole right to preview their responses prior to posting.

I always tell my kids that the reason I talk to myself is that I am the only one intelligent enough to hold an informed, educational & witty conversation with.

Develop some deeper skins, peeps, or we will all find ourselves in a basket asking each other "why are we in this basket and why are we going downhill"??

Personally, I don't care where y'all are from as long as you are not entirely toooooooo rude or inconsiderate.

Now...........y'all play pretty! To Each It's Own.

You quite adeptly proved jbrown's point. The concept of the city forums were to discuss issues specifically related to those cities. Unless OJ was refused service in Guthrie, it's a topic best suited for another forum for universal discussion. The city forums weren't intended to be exclusionary rooms for parallel discussions within regional cliques.

It was also something I wanted the opinion of the people I talk to most. Since being new to the board, I hadn't taken the time to search for the subject elsewhere and even said a thank you for the heads up. Most of us are new here and most of us from Guthrie only take time for the "Guthrie" thread as I do which is our right I presume??? When I figure out this sight better, I will be more than happy to jump in your town discussions and tell you how you should post. Fair enough?

Be our guest.

Well thanks. I didn't realize some of you took this so serious and that there were rules. Such as only subjects about Guthrie in the Guthrie thread and before starting a subject I must first figure out how to search for the subject elsewhere. Do I have it correct now?

MadMonk Guest

There have been many Guthrie-centric posts about Guthrie and it's politics. That's interesting and a welcome thing. Posts about another Guthrie board?

Not so much.

Posts whining about that fact?

Even less so.
    Well if you can't be persuaded to keep the drama "over there", you could at least provide a link to that world-shaking thread so the rest of us know what's going on.

Thread Information