Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concertgoers?

Default Re: Concertgoers?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I don't know Blake O.

But I can definitely see the emo kids fighting with the teenyboppers there to see McPhee.
    hehe. yep. now add in blake o. I didn't know who he was either. So I looked him up. You should check out his website, just to get the full picture.

Blake O. ::: Official Site :::

2. Default Re: Concertgoers?

It looks like they changed Rocklahoma from three days to four.

3. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Received this today from Feverfest.

It's not the kind of kind of music we enjoy so we didn't attend. I'm glad it went well but I'll stick to Countryfever.

Great for Pryors economy.

ROCKLAHOMA'S PHENOEMAL SUCCESS SETS STAGE FOR 2008 TICKETS ALREADY SELLING FOR 2008 ROCKLAHOMA

PRYOR, OK --- With nearly 100,000 fans in attendance at Rocklahoma over the pre-party and three-day concert last week, organizers are already planning the Second Annual Rocklahoma Eighties Festival, scheduled for July 11-13, 2008. As a thank you to this years V.I.P. and Reserve Seat ticket holders, fans can renew their same seats for next summer 's Rocklahoma, now through September 17th. Reserved Seat ticket holders can upgrade their current seats to V.I.P. seats and enjoy all of its privileges.

"The artists and the fans came out and enjoyed the party in record numbers," said Dave Giencke, Director of Operations for Catch the Fever Music Festivals."Over 1,000 fans have already renewed their V.I.P. seats for next year's Rocklahoma, which will continue to feature the major rock artists from the music of the eighties. As a thank you for Rocklahoma's success, we want to give all our fans the first chance to renew their seats for 2008."

V.I.P. seats for the Second Annual Rocklahoma are $300, plus tax and handling. Past Reserve Seat ticket holders may purchase their seats as V.I.P. seats now through September 17th. Upgrades will be available after September 17th in order of date of purchase, Giencke said, adding that the first 2,000 ticket orders will receive a free copy of the Commemorative Rocklahoma 2007 Tour book.

"After September 17th, we will contact patrons and give them the choice of unsold seats closer to the stage. The upgrades to better seats will be done in the order of date they renew," he said."For example, if they bought their 2008 tickets at this year's show, they will have first choice of upgraded seats. But if they wait until September 17th to buy their tickets, they will have last choice. So it is very important to buy now!" "The remaining VIP Tickets will be available to the general public beginning October 1st."

Renewals may be purchased by calling (866) 310-2288. General admission tickets are also available at a discount to everyone. General admission tickets for one day are $50, plus tax and handling. General admission tickets for all three days are $110, plus tax and handling. All three-day ticket purchasers will be eligible to attend Rocklahoma's Pre-Party on Thursday, July 10, 2008.

Campground spots are also being purchased for next year and are available on a first come first serve basis. General admission camping is $45, plus tax and handling. V.I.P. camping is $55, plus tax and handling. Fans must hold a three-day concert ticket before they will be allowed to purchase their campsites.

"The earlier you purchase your campsite, the better the location. So again, it's important to buy now!" Giencke explained.

Organizers say the phenomenal success of this year's Rocklahoma was noticed around the world, as fans from all 50 states and six continents were in attendance. The success of 2007's Rocklahoma guarantees that next summer's event will be even bigger.

"Artists worldwide took note of the response of rock fans at Rocklahoma this year. Although the line-up for the Second Annual Rocklahoma in 2008 hasn't yet been finalized --- and the possibility is hard to imagine after the success of this year's event --- fans can expect an even bigger eighties line-up next summer and an even better show," Giencke said.

Anybody going to Wakarusa this year?
    Our very own Flaming Lips are headlining!

Next weekend is the Waka Winter Classic which is a battle where 1 out of 5 bands gets a spot onstage at the Waka festival! Audience picks the winner. And my band happens to be in the mix.

Went to Waka last year and it is well worth the 5 hour drive...Not sure if I can go again this year as our one major vacation is planned around that time, but I would love to see the Lips up there

One of the best things about the fest is the New Belgium beers...Fat Tire on tap

Oh and a little plug for one of the best live performers out there

Martin Sexton is playing at the Bricktown Ballroom this Sunday night

Tickets are only $20...Dude is very talented and puts on a great show

I saw him in Dallas and Tulsa last year and was very surprised to see him making a stop in OKC

Received the final information on the contest this morning. Ouch! Tough competition for one slot.

Here is the line-up:

8:00-8:45 Lemma

9:00-9:45 Tall Cotton String Band

10:00-10:45 Galapagos

11:00-11:45 Randy Crouch

12:00-12:45 Hosty Duo

Come out and support your local musicians and help one of them go play the Wakarusa festival!! ( Preferably my band - Lemma! )

It's only $5 at the door

A tad of a change in the line up for Saturday. The Sugar Free Allstars will be competing instead of Hosty Duo. Same times, same place.

Hope to see you there!!

Last: The Flaming Lips, The Myriad, OKC, NYE.

Next: Wilco, Cain's Ballroom, Tulsa, Saturday, March 8.

the Wilco show will be a good one... John Doe (of X) is opening...

anyone heard when the Foo Fighters rescheduled date is?

1964 is playing in norman next weekend... anyone into that?

-M

12. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    1964 is playing in norman next weekend... anyone into that?

-M

Saw them back in '99. Heck of a show. Do you have times & ticket prices?

Quote Originally Posted by okcdrummer77
    do you have times & ticket prices?
    not yet... guess i've been procrastinating. i do know that they play next friday, saturday and sunday.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Last: The Flaming Lips, The Myriad, OKC, NYE.

Next: Wilco, Cain's Ballroom, Tulsa, Saturday, March 8.
    Next after that: Radiohead, St. Louis, Wednesday, May 14.

15. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Wish the G-Love show and the Rollins spoken word were in OKC, not Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Next after that: Radiohead, St. Louis, Wednesday, May 14.
    i got some Dallas pit tickets this morning for Radiohead... that'll be a great show! i guess that means i'll probably miss out on the Roger Waters show in Dallas a few weeks before - only so much $$ for concerts these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    i don't think G Love has ever played here, but i know Rollins has done spoken word here and in Stillwater in the past... and Rollins Band played the old Boar's Head back in the day...

Tulsa does get a lot of great shows at Cain's...i remember a while back there was a promoter that was going to try and promote shows by the same artist at Cain's and in OKC - back-to-back nights, but nothing ever came of it...

The Chainsaw Kittens!! April 26th @ the Norman Music Festival. whoo!

Jet Lag Gemini is this weekend. Red is coming March 24th. and my favorites - The Crash Moderns will be here from New York on March 20th!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    i got some Dallas pit tickets this morning for Radiohead... that'll be a great show! i guess that means i'll probably miss out on the Roger Waters show in Dallas a few weeks before - only so much $$ for concerts these days!
    Yeah, those Radiohead tickets were a bit pricier than I was expecting. It was either Dallas or St. Louis for me, but the St. Louis show was a better fit for my buddy (who actually bought the tix), so that's where we're headed. Both shows should be pretty damn good.

but i know Rollins has done spoken word here and in Stillwater in the past... and Rollins Band played the old Boar's Head back in the day...
    I think it was Rollins on his IFC show who did a bit about shopping at the Bass Pro in OKC. This was a year or two ago.

Tulsa does get a lot of great shows at Cain's...i remember a while back there was a promoter that was going to try and promote shows by the same artist at Cain's and in OKC - back-to-back nights, but nothing ever came of it...
    It kind of stinks that most of the good shows "the state" gets are up at Cain's, and not down here, but it makes sense, as Cain's is a great place to see a band. Can't wait to see Wilco again there next month.

last time i saw Radiohead, they were opening for REM in '95... they've grown up a bit since then! i didn't think the prices were too bad, though - guess i'm getting used to the higher concert tickets these days...

i haven't seen Wilco at Cain's, but have seen them in Wichita, OKC, Austin, Red Rocks... something special about concerts at Cain's - it's got such a great history... and now it's got a/c! i remember a Weezer show there before the a/c and it was well over 100° inside!

* Excited for Radiohead, I have waited FOREVER to see them...one of my favorites. Not excited that they will be playing at Superpages.com Center(formerly Smirnoff) b/c the sound, for the most part, SUCKS. It's just loud and that's it. I would've liked to have seen them at an indoor venue. The last time I was at Smirnoff was for a Stevie Nicks concert! haha

* Last Three : Shiny Toy Guns @ Cains in Tulsa, Snow Patrol in OKC & in Dallas last March, Ryan Adams also @ Cains.

*Also have been to Austin City Limits the past couple of years

*Next: Marilyn Manson in Dallas at the House of Blues!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    i don't think G Love has ever played here.
    They DID play in OKC after Austin City Limits 2006. I saw them in September in Austin, and they did a show in Dallas, OKC, and Tulsa back to back shortly after ACL. I didn't go to the OKC concert, but some ppl who went w/ me to ACL did...it wasn't a very big show and I don't even know where it was at.

Bright side: They are in Dallas next Friday, Feb 22 at the House of Blues, which is a freakin awesome venue(don't know if you've gone yet)...a hell of a lot better than Cain's, in my opinion. It's only $20-30 AND they pushed the show back to 10pm....you can't beat that.

good to see another ACL'er here! this will be my 4th year to go this year... always have a blast and always end up hearing someone great who i've never heard before (Explosions in the Sky, Ghostland, Ocote Soul Sounds...)

i have been the the Dallas HOB - one of my favorite venues around - sound is awesome and the sightlines are great... saw Old 97s there and Sonic Youth... i'd like to go see X next month...

Speaking of concerts...Buddies and I are already having horrible luck so far this year

Booked our annual trip with the womens for Apr 30 - May 6th

Be damned if O.A.R. (Who we have been waiting on for 2 years) didn't schedule a show in Big D and at Cain's during that week

Buddy is also crushed that Widespread Panic is playing in Dallas that week as well

Wives laughed at us when we brought up rescheduling the Jamaica trip

I hope the rest of the concert year turns out a little more favorable for my group

good to see another ACL'er here! this will be my 4th year to go this year... always have a blast and always end up hearing someone great who i've never heard before (Explosions in the Sky, Ghostland, Ocote Soul Sounds...)

i have been the the Dallas HOB - one of my favorite venues around - sound is awesome and the sightlines are great... saw Old 97s there and Sonic Youth... i'd like to go see X next month...

This will be my 4th year of ACL too! Explosions in the Sky was one of my favorite bands that year(besides Van Morrison, who I had wanted to see since I was a little girl!) Explosions also came to OU to play last April-was only a $20 show! They did the Friday Night Lights Soundtrack, which I didn't figure out until after I saw them.

HOB is always a fun place to see concerts...saw Guns n Roses a couple of years ago @ HOB Las Vegas on New Years Eve, by accident! I was never really a fan of guns n roses, but it was so much fun; we just walked right in!

Going to HOB in Dallas for MM in 2 weeks, which I am really excited for, heard its always a good show. And I was thinking about seeing X too!!

Another favorite venue of my mine was the Gypsy Tea Room(even though it was a piece of crap, haha) and Bronco Bowl in Dallas before they closed them down. Broken Social Scene at Gypsy was one of the best shows I've seen live, ever.

What are some of your favorites/first concert ever?

Thread Information