Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concertgoers?

Default Re: Concertgoers?

Looks like a few of us Okies hit the DMB show last Sept in Dallas...Great show, but I could have done w/o the 95 degrees at 8 PM factor!!

Good lord it was hot

Has anyone else bought any music from O.A.R after they opened the concert?...Downloaded their live album and it is gooood Clark!

2. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Country Fever pulls in around 40,000. I wonder what the Rock Fever will be like. It sounds like it will be huge for a first year event.
    I'm beginning to regret not buying tickets.

By the way, after attending Country Thunder in Texas, I'm more convinced than ever that the fever fest grounds in Pryor are one of the best in the area. Country Thunder doesn't compare to the one here in our state.

3. Default Re: Concertgoers?

I had forgotten about seeing Tim McGraw and Faith Hill at the Ford Center. I think that was after George Strait.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    ing to the Wakarusa Festival in Lawrence, KS in 2 weeks to see Widespread and others and the Austin City Limits Festival in Sept to see Wilco, Spoon and My Morning Jacket
    I'm planning on going to ACL too. I wanted to go to SXSW this year but things just didn't work out. You know I had never heard of Wakarusa until one night setting at the bar in TapWerks I saw a flyer on the wall that talked about it.

5. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Oh, I just saw this thread..

omg.. Rock Fever here I come! I'm in heaven..80's Big Hair .. I loved that music!!

Let's see.. recent

Disturbed (teenage son and Dad)

Hootie and the Blowfish
    Lara Price Band - Blues in New Orleans
    Kenny Chesney/Sugarland - Ford Center

I used to go to concerts all the time...haven't as much lately.. started going to the Hornet's games instead.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    I'm planning on going to ACL too. I wanted to go to SXSW this year but things just didn't work out. You know I had never heard of Wakarusa until one night setting at the bar in TapWerks I saw a flyer on the wall that talked about it.
    dismayed...I had never heard of it either, but I actually like the overall lineup better than ACL...Lot more jam bands at Waka

And it won't be 100 degrees next weekend!!!

Waka is huge! Ben Harper will be there, don't miss him. It's one of the nicer festivals I have been to.

Sore spot for me kmf....We are going just on Saturday because the wives want to go (I don't know why!)....I really wanted to go Friday and Sat to catch Ben Harper

But my buddy is a big Widespread fan so we went with Saturday

Still we will get to see ALO, Tea Leaf Green, John Butler Trio and 2 sets of Widespread...Man am I pumped!

I would rather watch one set of Widespread and jump over to Son Volt, but it will take some work to scrape him away...Might just accidently get lost for 2 hours

ahhhh... that is horrible. You'll have a good time anyway, great performers. Yes, you will probably want to get lost for a while. It will be hard to not take yourself away.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    June shows I recommend:
    Bruce Robison June 15th at the Wormy Dog
    Guy Forsyth (I love Guy) at the Blue Door June 23rd
    Hey Misty - Guy is playing the Bricktown Blues Festival this year, thought you might want to know since it is FREE!! He is playing Friday, June 15th I think. Saturday Aranda and Shane Henry are playing, you should check both of those out also.

11. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Thanks! Is there a schedule out for this festival yet? I've never been and am looking forward to it. Have you ever seen Guy play the saw? It's so cool.

Friday - Savoy Brown featuring Kim Simmonds, Guy Forsyth, Jim Suhler and Monkeybeat, House featuring Chebon Tiger, Blue Kats, Act Casual, Sweet Brenda & Doc Blue

Saturday - John Hammond, Sista Monica, Aranda, Shane Henry, Three Legged Dog, AJ Johnson and Why Not, Dan Danger, Miss Amy and her Sho’nuf Bluesmen & Doc Blue

I don't know any times on the performers except that Shane plays at 6pm on Saturday and Aranda plays at 7pm.

I just hope the normal "loud=good" sound guy isn't running things. That's the only reason why I usually don't go to this blues fest. But it is lots of fun, you should have a good time.

Just got back from waka kmf and we had a great time....Great weather high was only around 84

All the bands were excellent except for Yonder Mountain String Band...I just can't get into true bluegrass, but everyone else ate them up...3,000 interesting folks dancing around with hula hoops, glowsticks and bubble machines is quite a sight

Just so much fun people watching...All kinds of hippies and just plain weird folks...Oh and of course a strange smell in the air even though it was outside

It is a weird feeling to dress normally and look like complete outsiders...Funny stuff

Loved the festival setup and how it was run...Can't beat ice cold Fat Tire either!

Will try and make it an annual trip from now on

14. Default Re: Concertgoers?

well, i just saw clutch last night. they are so friggin awesome. a few months back it was saliva with crossfade. then waay back in oct. i saw the discorus event. gonna try to make the family values show here in aug.

Just got back from waka kmf and we had a great time....Great weather high was only around 84

All the bands were excellent except for Yonder Mountain String Band...I just can't get into true bluegrass, but everyone else ate them up...3,000 interesting folks dancing around with hula hoops, glowsticks and bubble machines is quite a sight

Just so much fun people watching...All kinds of hippies and just plain weird folks...Oh and of course a strange smell in the air even though it was outside

It is a weird feeling to dress normally and look like complete outsiders...Funny stuff

Loved the festival setup and how it was run...Can't beat ice cold Fat Tire either!

Will try and make it an annual trip from now on
    Glad you enjoyed it. I've heard that Yonder can get a little monotonous and longwinded. I think you just described the parking lot of a grateful dead show with the scenery and smell. haha. How were the prices this year for the vendors and whatnot?

Prices weren't too bad....$4.50 for a cup of Fat Tire and $2 for water and sodas

Food pricing was similar to the fair I guess....Pretty reasonable considering they had a captive customer base

Can't wait for Austin now, but thinking the heat will play a larger role in my afternoon drink choices....It was 85 in Lawrence so I know 95 or a 100 will have me drinking more wholesome liquids during the day

Forgot to add we saw a few interesting outfits...One guy only had ductape shorts on...I'm hoping there was some cloth somewhere underneath

And a few ladies had nothing on up top except for painted leafs...They seemed pretty popular for some reason

Looks like a few of us Okies hit the DMB show last Sept in Dallas...Great show, but I could have done w/o the 95 degrees at 8 PM factor!!

Good lord it was hot

Has anyone else bought any music from O.A.R after they opened the concert?...Downloaded their live album and it is gooood Clark!
    I had already downloaded some O.A.R. stuff before but had not listened to it much before that show. It was hot but that was a great show, I think we are going to go again this year

I took my gf for her bday last year, she had no idea why we were in Dallas and I bought an mp3 player for her and loaded a bunch of DMB music on it and gave it to her and she still didn't figure it out until I showed her the tickets

Pretty sure we will be going again in Sept as my group of friends are all pretty big Dave fans

Any idea who is opening for them this year?

As for O.A.R......If you don't already have them download:

City on Down, About an Hour Ago, Black Rock, Hey Girl, About Mr Brown and That Was a Crazy Game of Poker all from their live album Any Time Now

It is addictive and is on par with a lot of Dave's music...Great sax player

Any idea who is opening for them this year?

Robert Earl Keen according to the Smirnoff Music Centre website

20. Default Re: Concertgoers?

We just walked in from Country Fever, which was awesome again this year.
    The weather was decent, the food was good and the entertainment was outstanding.

This was our first year to have an RV there. I wish we had bought one sooner.

I'm tired, sunburned and on top of the world.

21. Talking Re: Concertgoers?

With the new OZZY cd Black Rain, you received a code for 2 FREE OzzFest 2007 tickets.

I GOT MINE! Yeeeeeeeee-HAW!

Why on Earth Dashboard is with this lineup I will never know, but it kind of makes my stomach turn. More people are to be announced as we get closer to the event...maybe it will start to make sense. - - -

The Coca-Cola Bricktown Events Center
    425 E. California Ave.
    Oklahoma City, OK 73104

Doors at 6:30 p.m.
    Show at 7:30 p.m.

featuring Dashboard Confessional, American Idol's Katharine McPhee, OKC's Blake O., and Saving Jane!!

Tickets go onsale Saturday June 9th at 10:00 a.m.
    Available at:
    Oklahoma Event Tickets - OKC Tickets.com

charge by phone (toll free) at:
    (866) 4OK-LIVE
    (866) 465-5483

Also available at:

Size Records (8911 N. Western Ave. - OKC)
    Guestroom Records (125 E. Main St. - Norman)
    Guestroom Records (3701 N. Western Ave. - OKC)

Any metro area Party Galaxy locations:
    1360 W. I-240 - South OKC
    300 N. Macarthur Blvd. - West OKC
    7101 NW Expressway - NW OKC
    1000 E. Alameda - Norman
    56 E. 15th St. - Edmond

23. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Wow that is bizarre.

Dashboard and Katharine McPhee?????

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Wow that is bizarre.

Dashboard and Katharine McPhee?????
    yea...and blake o??? Can you imagine what the crowd is starting to look like in my head??

25. Default Re: Concertgoers?

I don't know Blake O.

But I can definitely see the emo kids fighting with the teenyboppers there to see McPhee.

Thread Information