Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concertgoers?

Default Concertgoers?

Haven't seen a thread on concerts...What are the last three concerts you attended and any coming up...Little info on them if they aren't well known

(Not counting one's you were dragged to by your significant other)

1- Martin Sexton at House of Blues in Dallas...Singer songwriter

2- Gov't Mule at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa....Southern rock/Guitar heavy

3- Widespread Panic at Brady Theater in Tulsa...Jam Band similar to Grateful Dead and Phish

Heading to the Wakarusa Festival in Lawrence, KS in 2 weeks to see Widespread and others and the Austin City Limits Festival in Sept to see Wilco, Spoon and My Morning Jacket

Default Re: Concertgoers?

Last three:

Autumn Defense (Wilco side project) at The Opolis in Norman in February

Jeff Tweedy (Wilco singer) at Cain's in Tulsa in January

The Flaming Lips at the Zoo Ampitheatre in OKC in September

-----

I'd love to go to the ACL Festival. Don't know if I will or not. Great lineup. Huge Wilco fan here. I'm hoping, as in previous years, that they'll also have some other dates around here during that same time--like in OKC or Tulsa, or maybe Dallas.

Don't know what my next show is--maybe the Lips show up in Tulsa at the end of July. We'll see.

3. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Pinky & The Snakeshakers at the Paseo Arts Festival
    Burden Brothers at Conservatory
    Jack Ingram at the Wormy Dog

I have ACL tickets too, I haven't decided if I'm going yet. I sold my tickets last year, but went the year before that. Guess what, I won the lottery and got mine for $50 each! I had a friend working one of the sound stages a few years ago so I got some shade and lots of free water. If it's 100+ degrees it is BRUTAL if you don't have some shade somewhere and you spend a fortune on water. It's by far THE best festival I've ever attended. Clean, tons of port-a-potties, food/beer tents set up well. Always good music.

Flaming Lips are going to be at the Dfest in Tulsa right?

Ashamed to say I haven't seen them live yet so I need to make it to that since Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey is also there...Used to watch them all the time when I lived in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Pinky & The Snakeshakers at the Paseo Arts Festival
    Burden Brothers at Conservatory
    Jack Ingram at the Wormy Dog

I have ACL tickets too, I haven't decided if I'm going yet. I sold my tickets last year, but went the year before that. Guess what, I won the lottery and got mine for $50 each! I had a friend working one of the sound stages a few years ago so I got some shade and lots of free water. If it's 100+ degrees it is BRUTAL if you don't have some shade somewhere and you spend a fortune on water. It's by far THE best festival I've ever attended. Clean, tons of port-a-potties, food/beer tents set up well. Always good music.
    Sounds good...Never been to the ACL, but am making it my annual guy's trip this year...Could do w/o the heat and Bob Dylan though

Maybe we will get lucky and it will only be in the 90's

Misty...Are the beer and food prices pretty outrageous?

What are we classifying as concerts here? I would call the above listings as shows or gigs where as a concert to me would be something a bit larger at say the ford center, zoo amp, lloyd noble, etc.

Not real particular kmf...Just any you would like to share

Since you are a music promoter would be interested to know what concerts or gigs you have attended lately (above the local scene)

Outside of the local scene? Ok - I don't have my calendar with me so I'll share the last 3 I remember! ha.

Armor For Sleep/Taking Back Sunday/Underoath at the Lloyd Noble Center
    ( I promoted this show and did a review for Armor For Sleep )

The All American Rejects/The Format/The Starting Line/Gym Class Heroes - Ford Center ( This was for my son )

The only other people I can think of from out of town have been The Vehicle Reason, Soular, Plainview, The Hero Factor, and Kill Hannah.

As for the next 3 that I will go to -
    Tomorrow I'll be at the Boys Like Girls/Hellogoodbye show since I helped with that one, next month I'll go see Sherwood since I am promoting that one too, and I believe Soular is playing with Luma, and The Vehicle Reason will be coming back through. Keith Urban is coming up too. Stevie Nicks. Ben Harper maybe. Dave Matthews in Texas. Of course I'll be at Dfest both days. That's way more than 3 huh. LOL.

That's not even mentioning how many times I will go see the locals like Aranda, Lemma, 2am, Aaron Newman, Gabriel Marshall, Rocky Kanaga, Shane Henry, Luma, Albert Aguilar, Hannah Wolf, Resident Funk, and whoever else I am forgetting!!!!

whew. yes, I stay busy.

9. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Last three....ummm....I went to the Evanesence concert this year. Ford Center. Prior to that I attended a concert by Zac Maloy, who was one of the originals from the band Nixon's, who originated in Norman, and Tool, this year. Dollar 98 is a band from Chickasha, and I used to catch them @ Benton's in Chix.

I am a diehard OZZY fan, and only attended one concert of his in Oklahoma, the rest is in Dallas/San Antonio. I just bought his Black Rain CD and this year Ozzfest is FREE. But will have to catch him, again, in TX.

Alright we have a rocker among us

11. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Stevie Nicks May 30, 2007
    Wednesday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Heart Jun 1, 2007
    Friday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Chicago
    with America Jul 3, 2007
    Tuesday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Lyle Lovett
    with k.d. lang Jul 7, 2007
    Saturday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Poison
    with RATT Jul 14, 2007
    Saturday, TBA OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Snow Patrol Aug 1, 2007
    Wednesday, 7:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

ZZ Top
    with The Pretenders Aug 3, 2007
    Friday, 5:30 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

Def Leppard
    with Styx Sep 5, 2007
    Wednesday, 7:00 PM OKC Zoo Amphitheatre

12. Default Re: Concertgoers?

should I say..........Zakk Wylde ?
    Randy Rhoads? Dime?
    Heaven should Rock!
    Sister by the Nixon's and Oz's See You on the Other Side - were both played at my sweet Les' funeral services.
    I can see my precious Leslie, now, in Rock Heaven, listening to RR and DB, Janis, Kurt Jim & Jimi.....NOW.... that is a concert.

13. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Easy180-the beer & food prices are ok, same as any event in Austin. I think it's about $5 a beer and food averages $6-7 bucks per meal. MAKE SURE you go to Baby A's (on Barton Springs road, you'll walk by it heading into Zilker) and have a purple margarita. Chuy's (on the same street) has great tex-mex and the best queso in the world. When you get really hot you can walk across the street to Barton Springs to cool off:

City of Austin - Parks and Recreation Department: Barton Springs

14. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    Armor For Sleep/Taking Back Sunday/Underoath at the Lloyd Noble Center
    ( I promoted this show and did a review for Armor For Sleep )

The All American Rejects/The Format/The Starting Line/Gym Class Heroes - Ford Center ( This was for my son )
    I was at both of those!

and Angels & Airwaves at the CocaCola Events Center.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I was at both of those!

and Angels & Airwaves at the CocaCola Events Center.
    Yep. I was at that one too.

I've got a ton of Armor For Sleep stickers left over - need them for any kind of photo art project?? LOL. I need to drop more off at the music stores for them.

16. Default Re: Concertgoers?

June shows I recommend:
    Bruce Robison June 15th at the Wormy Dog
    Guy Forsyth (I love Guy) at the Blue Door June 23rd

Misty, is guy by himself?

18. Default Re: Concertgoers?

I'm not sure, I just saw it listed on the Blue Door website.
    index

I like smaller shows, they are more intimate and you actually get to see/hear the artist. I'm not a big fan of big shows in huge arenas, outdoor evening shows are my favorite!

I don't like the big concerts either. I only go to those when I am helping promote them for the artists. I for some reason haven't been able to get into the shows at the blue door though. I don't like their pricing, or bringing my own drink. I've only been there once though - shane henry/tony lucca/ernie halter. That was a fantastic show!

20. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Just came back from this one.

Country Thunder
    Waxahachie/Ennis, TX
    May 24,25,26 27, 2007

About to go to this one
    Country Fever
    Pryor, OK
    June 7,8,9,10 2007

Before Country Thunder, I think my last concert was George Strait at the Ford Center.

Before that, Country Fever 2006.

21. Default Re: Concertgoers?

For all you rock fans

The First Annual Rock Fever

ROCKLAHOMA BECOMES WORLDWIDE PHENOMENA
    PRYOR, OK --- With ticket sales reaching across six continents, Rocklahoma has become a worldwide phenomena.

“The eyes of the world are on Rocklahoma,” said Mark Nuessle, General Manager of Catch the Fever Music Festivals. “Rocklahoma has struck a chord that has reverberated around the globe. We have sold tickets to ‘80’s rock fans in all 50 states and across six continents. Rocklahoma has literally become one of the largest music festivals in the world.”

Twenty-three bands are scheduled to play during the three-day festival, making Rocklahoma the largest ‘80’s rock festival of its kind to be organized. Two weeks ago, when Twisted Sister was announced as Rocklahoma’s headliner, word spread like wildfire via satellite radio and the World Wide Web. Rocklahoma’s draw is most likely a combination of the bands’ talents and the sheer number of bands playing at the event, said Dave Giencke, Director of Operations for Catch the Fever Music Festivals.

“The worldwide ticket sales we are seeing with Rocklahoma show the power these bands have held on to over all these years. One of these bands would sell-out an arena in the ‘80’s. They left their fans wanting more. Now those fans are lining up to be a part of history when, for the first time, all these bands are coming together to play in one setting,” Giencke said.

With VH-1 Classic Host, Eddie Trunk, as Master of Ceremonies, Rocklahoma’s three-day line-up is:

Friday (July 13, 2007)

Poison, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Slaughter,Y&T, and White Lion

Saturday (July 14, 2007)

Vince Neil, Dokken, Winger, Skid Row, Warrant, Firehouse, Enuff Z Nuff, Faster *****cat, Bulletboys and Bang Tango

Sunday (July 15, 2007)

Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P., Jackyl, Great White, LA Guns, Steelheart and Britny Fox

Ticket sales around the world are making Rocklahoma one of the most successful events of Oklahoma’s Centennial Celebration as ‘80’s rock fans will converge on the state from locations as far away as Japan, Australia and South Africa.

“I said early-on that Rocklahoma would exceed all attendance expectations but there was no way of knowing Rocklahoma’s draw would reach so far,” said Giencke. “This will be an incredible three days of music with an incredible audience. Anyone who wants to witness history had better already have their tickets or get them now.”

ROCKLAHOMA, an official Oklahoma Centennial event presented by Rock Fever and Miller Lite, will be held July 13-15, 2007, at the Catch the Fever Festival Grounds four miles north of Pryor, OK just off highway 69.

Tickets to ROCKLAHOMA are on sale and available by calling toll free (866) 310-2288 or online at Rocklahoma 2007 , Pryor OK - July 13th-15th. Tickets are:

One Day General Admission

$ 40.00 plus handling fees and tax

Three Days General Admission

$ 90.00 plus handling fees and tax

VIP Tickets

(Good all three days, reserved seating, and all the beer and food you can eat)

$ 275.00 plus handling fees and tax

Rocklahoma 2007 , Pryor OK - July 13th-15th

22. Default Re: Concertgoers?

Holy mullet fest batman! I loved these bands back in the day.

It would be worth it just to see the crowd...Better people watching than the fair and that's pretty scary

Running across 10,000 Boz's can't ever be a good thing

24. Default Re: Concertgoers?

That's good PR for Oklahoma. It's a non-country music festival set in one of our more pretty areas.

Cross Canadian Ragweed @ the Zoo Amp
    Dave Matthews in Dallas
    Tim McGraw @ the ford center

Thread Information