Widgets Magazine

Thread: Quite In Moore

Default Quite In Moore

Where is everyone in Moore?
    We sure have been quite lately...no griping, celebrating...nada...

I guess with school almost out, people are busy planning summer stuff...
    Of course those of us old enough to have our kiddos raised that is really not an issue...
    This past weekend we took an overnight trip with our Motorcycle Chapter Stars 378 to NW OK...Saw the Alabaster Caverns...Has been quite a few years since we had been there...Yep the cave is still there and the bats...

It is amazing what we have in Oklahoma...That part of the State holds quite a few surprises...

Stayed in Alva. The home of Northeastern University...A beautiful Campus.

When I logged in this morning, it said I haven't posted in several weeks, so I thought What the heck...Okay enough rambling for me today...
    Cindy

Default Re: Quite In Moore

Well hasn't really been any new business announcements worth mentioning the last few months...Nothing going on other than the Warren finally building upward

Hopefully something worth getting us riled up will come around soon

Did want to clarify something I stated a while back...Seems the info my wife got was bad about the Moore Applebee's closing...Not that it was monumental, but just wanted to withdraw that comment

3. Default Re: Quite In Moore

jeez easy! cant believe you made a mistake!

its all good.

You know, i kind of like life in moore! as you say cindy, its "quite" quiet! We live in se moore and its like living in the country almost with the big city amenities just a few minutes away. Unfortunately, i doubt it will always be like this!

i did notice that the flea market outlet mall thing is all torn down! that is great! i live like a mile from there and i am so excited about the new CHICK FIL A! yipee! oh and petsmart! double YIPEE!

adios my fellow mooreons!

4. Default Re: Quite In Moore

I apologize for not being as active on here lately as well. I barely have anything to talk about anymore now that I'm so busy with the new job.

I like the quiet country like setting in Moore. I live on the east side of town. I've got a new job at OKC and Keith is just wearing me out (Ha Ha). So I sleep a lot during the day. For the last several days there has been a lot of construction vehicles making noise at Buck Thomas Park, I'm curious to see if they're building some more ball fields or actually building something for the non baseball crowd. If you haven't visited some of the parks around town recently. Take a look at the Little River Park and the ??? park at SE 4th and Bryant Ave.
    They are really beginning to look nice.

The park on SE 4th was called JD Estate park...but I think they have renamed it????
    But not sure...However it is really a nice place. We moved to that area when it was first going up...And it was nice to have a park there...And right across 4th street were no houses, but....Fields and a small pond.I would take my children fishig there...That was in 81...
    But now we live right on 12 and Broadway and we have a huge yard...about a 1/2 acre...the neighborhood is quiet and ...it is perfect. Right in the middle of town.
    Close to everything...

But glad that Moore is finally growing up...I hate to drive anywhere to go shopping...now that everything is in Moore...I can stay here...
    And shop at something other than WalMart...

7. Default Re: Quite In Moore

Quote Originally Posted by cindyl57 View Post
    The park on SE 4th was called JD Estate park...but I think they have renamed it????
    But not sure...However it is really a nice place. We moved to that area when it was first going up...And it was nice to have a park there...And right across 4th street were no houses, but....Fields and a small pond.I would take my children fishig there...That was in 81...
    But now we live right on 12 and Broadway and we have a huge yard...about a 1/2 acre...the neighborhood is quiet and ...it is perfect. Right in the middle of town.
    Close to everything...

But glad that Moore is finally growing up...I hate to drive anywhere to go shopping...now that everything is in Moore...I can stay here...
    And shop at something other than WalMart...

We used to ride our bikes/motorcycles/ATV's back in that area and that pond is where I learned to make dry-ice bombs.

*sniff*

Those were the days.

quite or quiet??

9. Default Re: Quite In Moore

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    quite or quiet??
    Quaintly quite quiet.

Still quiet in good old Moore...Their econ development monthly update consisted of stating the City Bites is now open

quite or quiet??
    Hmmm ...Did you read the part about "it was '81 when I was taking my kids fishing"...Well I got that Gray Thang going...Brain dead sometimes...Brain Fog the rest...I use to spell pretty darn good...But now...I don't know what happened...
    I think someone sucked all my brains out...

12. Default Re: Quite In Moore

I think someone sucked all my brains out...
    Yeah, they are called kids.

My kids make fun of me all the time because I can't even keep their two names straight!

How hard could that be?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I just use the Shatner in Boston Legal excuse and say it was because of my mad cow

He is one of my Favorite Characters...Denny Crane....
    I don't watch much anymore...but I love the show...go figure...
    Mad Cow...that's me...

Thread Information