Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a Bricktown eatery?

Default Re: What makes a Bricktown eatery?

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    How about Charleston's or Louie's??
    Yes, they would be perfect in that location IMO.

Maybe I'm crazy but some of the restaurants that have failed recently probably have failed because they just aren't that good (either service, food, or both). I think its just a rotten string of bad luck.

Personally, we went to Othello's and were pretty disappointed at the service and food, although we gave them kudo's for trying. I'm not surprised at all that they closed down, most people I know had the same experience as we did. Food business is tough.

That was just the point, they weren't experienced enough to deal with the demands of the spot (as Huntington points out). They just weren't good enough. Then, I go to Western and see some thriving restaurants, and they are GOOD (like all those in the Deep Fork group, Sushi Neko, Saturn Grill, and everything else). And some are affordable, or the same price as the sit-down chains. If they could get some more good quality restaurants like are on Western, I think Bricktown would be in good shape. And good advertising.

They just need to keep trying with independent places until they get a good place with strategic management. Its probably not about "bad luck spot" or the "we need chains" (ug too many chains ruin the character, there are enough down there already).

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    How about Charleston's or Louie's??
    Didn't see this post, that would work too, that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeeGrlinOKC View Post
    They just need to keep trying with independent places until they get a good place with strategic management. Its probably not about "bad luck spot" or the "we need chains" (ug too many chains ruin the character, there are enough down there already).

That's my point exactly, JerzeeGirl! Bricktown will become just another 'fast food row' and not a destination if we let it. Fast food and chain restaurants, although safe and predictable, don't show a lot of character.

And Metro, regarding your post response to me, I don't see that there is a 'sarcasm' emoticon available on this site, so I just try to do what I can.

I didn't know there was already a Starbuck's in line for Bricktown, though. Sigh. That's what I get for not living in OKC any more...

I agree there should not be a National chain restaurant down on the canal....but I would like a place that as a menu variety LIKE Chili's or TGIFriday's. Louie's or Charleston's would be great! Louie's on the Canal, to compliment Louie's on the Lake would be great!

Been meaning to comment on this thread for a while.
    -just thought Id mention that the ownership of Al's and Othello's were nearly the same people, give or take a partner.

Is it any suprise they both went down in flames?

They bled them both to death.

As someone once associated with Othello's, Id like to say that Im sorry for the lack of attention to detail. It was like going to war with no bullets, if you know what I mean.

We made a lot of people happy, but not everyone.

My way of thinking; If one person talked away unhappy, it was one too many.

Thread Information