Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Where besides Tesla?
    Google, Facebook, HP, Dell, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/10/tech/...ons/index.html

Not saying they are going away from hybrid, but fully remote is going away. The industry I thought would stay fully remote, public accounting, is even bringing people back to the office.

Gotta love tech companies that pioneered sending jobs off-shore now demanding their own employees be on-site. If Patel can work from India why can't Steve work from Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Gotta love tech companies that pioneered sending jobs off-shore now demanding their own employees be on-site. If Patel can work from India why can't Steve work from Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post

Not saying they are going away from hybrid, but fully remote is going away. The industry I thought would stay fully remote, public accounting, is even bringing people back to the office.
    Really depends how in-demand your skill is and how hard it is to master that skill. If you hold the cards than its easier to demand remote or hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I hear stories of Patel working two clients at the same time. Gets awkward when the meetings take place at the same time.

Hybrid is here to stay. Conservative media is utterly obsessed with this topic for some reason. The Drudge Report trumpets any announcement about return to office. Meanwhile, the massive vacancy rates in downtown SF continue.

Things are not going to be the same. Change is hard. I work for a company that is entirely remote. We are growing fast and may eventually get an office but we are managing complicated engineering for dozens of clients with tech teams scattered about the country. It's working fine for us. I'm sure there are many, many companies like ours, which was formed during the pandemic.

Hybrid is here to stay. Conservative media is utterly obsessed with this topic for some reason. The Drudge Report trumpets any announcement about return to office. Meanwhile, the massive vacancy rates in downtown SF continue.

Things are not going to be the same. Change is hard. I work for a company that is entirely remote. We are growing fast and may eventually get an office but we are managing complicated engineering for dozens of clients with tech teams scattered about the country. It's working fine for us. I'm sure there are many, many companies like ours, which was formed during the pandemic.
    I mean, you mentioned tech companies. So you were provided with plenty of tech companies who are going away from fully remote. Not saying all are going away from it, I'm not that dumb. And yes, hybrid is here forever for some companies. But others have already backed away from it.

I am hybrid (75% at home, 25% at clients). So if I implied I thought hybrid was over, I apologize, and did not mean that. But fully remote is something rarely, rarely advertised anymore.

I mean, you mentioned tech companies. So you were provided with plenty of tech companies who are going away from fully remote. Not saying all are going away from it, I'm not that dumb. And yes, hybrid is here forever for some companies. But others have already backed away from it.

I am hybrid (75% at home, 25% at clients). So if I implied I thought hybrid was over, I apologize, and did not mean that. But fully remote is something rarely, rarely advertised anymore.
    No you did not, I don't think, and no apology would be necessary. My point wasn't directed at you. It's that there is a lot of breathless reporting about the end of work from home and yet, hybrid and work from home is still very common in the tech community. And, if companies start moving away from it it will offer a real recruiting advantage for the companies that don't.

Blog Entries

No you did not, I don't think, and no apology would be necessary. My point wasn't directed at you. It's that there is a lot of breathless reporting about the end of work from home and yet, hybrid and work from home is still very common in the tech community. And, if companies start moving away from it it will offer a real recruiting advantage for the companies that don't.
    I work in tech, I've been in the office twice in the last three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I work in tech, I've been in the office twice in the last three years.
    Well, maybe there are smaller companies offering that in order to compete with the fact Amazon, Google, Meta, etc are making people come in multiple days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I hear stories of Patel working two clients at the same time. Gets awkward when the meetings take place at the same time.
    It happens yes. An on-site consultant I worked with out-sourced his job and sat at his desk all day and did work for another company. He got caught because his cheap off-shore 'resource' made a big mistake.

Well, maybe there are smaller companies offering that in order to compete with the fact Amazon, Google, Meta, etc are making people come in multiple days a week.
    There are way more small tech companies than big ones, and even the bigs still have remote workers.

Pretty interesting read in The Economist:

https://www.economist.com/finance-an...delusion-fades

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post

Good article.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post

I miss the days when the Economist, the NYT, the Atlantic, et al gave you a handful of free articles per month.

Amazon HQ in Seattle recently required 3 days a week in the office.

My office has brought everyone back to 2 days in office and have been told we are going to 3 days by the end of the year, but that will be it. Fortunately for me I was hired as a permanent 100% remote so it doesn't apply to me. I did take a pay reduction for that but I'm okay with it. My wife is also permanent remote (which is weird because we live across the street from her office) so the 'office' is anywhere there is internet.

Once we go back to 3 days on-site there is talk that we would also go to a 4 day work week.

Plans have been filed for Garage #3:

For someone on the inside (literally) of Paycom, where do all of these employees go? I have driven past the headquarters on Memorial Road/Turnpike and the complex looks like 4 three story office buildings, all about the same size as what you find in the Quail Springs Office Park a few miles east.

With all of the surface parking, two other multi-story parking garages, and now a third one on the way, is there a substantial basement system underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    For someone on the inside (literally) of Paycom, where do all of these employees go? I have driven past the headquarters on Memorial Road/Turnpike and the complex looks like 4 three story office buildings, all about the same size as what you find in the Quail Springs Office Park a few miles east.

With all of the surface parking, two other multi-story parking garages, and now a third one on the way, is there a substantial basement system underneath?
    Paycom will be well over 800k sq ft. when Building E is finished. Building A (southern most) and Building D (northern most complete) have full basements.

The building sit back pretty far from the street and are bigger than you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plans have been filed for Garage #3:

There is a massive dig out as you near Memorial south of where the proposed garage is here. It's at least 8 feet and probably closer to 10. Not sure what the goal is there but it looks graded as if it were also going to be for a garage.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...pevine-campus/

Does OKC need to worry about Paycom moving its HQ to Grapevine? I know they have the huge corporate campus in NW OKC, but if they keep growing in DFW, I could easily see them just moving to the DFW area, and leaving the campus here with far fewer employees.

Just merely asking, not saying it will happen.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...pevine-campus/

Does OKC need to worry about Paycom moving its HQ to Grapevine? I know they have the huge corporate campus in NW OKC, but if they keep growing in DFW, I could easily see them just moving to the DFW area, and leaving the campus here with far fewer employees.

Just merely asking, not saying it will happen.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    no
    to expand more on this. Chad has made it abundantly clear that Leadership of Paycom would and will continue to stay in OKC. This statement has been very clear, at least it was during my time with the company.

Thread Information