Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Pete - random, but can we get Headquarters spelled correctly in the thread title?

Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Yesterday announced, Paycom is joining the S&P500 on Tuesday January 28.

PAYC was trading near $140 this time last year. Trading higher than $315 today after the news.

Pretty big deal. Also any long-term employees there that have been compensated in stock over their tenure have been banking big.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Yesterday announced, Paycom is joining the S&P500 on Tuesday January 28.

PAYC was trading near $140 this time last year. Trading higher than $315 today after the news.

Pretty big deal. Also any long-term employees there that have been compensated in stock over their tenure have been banking big.
    As long as they held onto it...but definitely a wouldn't be surprised if the jump over the last 4 months from 190 to 320 had created several millionaires.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Pete - random, but can we get Headquarters spelled correctly in the thread title?
    You the man, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    As long as they held onto it...but definitely a wouldn't be surprised if the jump over the last 4 months from 190 to 320 had created several millionaires.
    2 years ago: 91.98
    Today: 317.94 (up 14.64 so far today)

Being added to the S&P 500 is a huge deal, its quite hard to express on a keyboard the magnitude of that. The status and prestige that comes with being an S&P 500 company is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Being added to the S&P 500 is a huge deal, its quite hard to express on a keyboard the magnitude of that. The status and prestige that comes with being an S&P 500 company is insane.
    i might be wrong, as i'm trying to pull this from memory, but only the 5th company from Oklahoma currently on the S&P 500 and the second in OKC? i mean even if i'm off a bit on that number, yes it's huge!

H&P, Williams, Oneok- Tulsa

Paycom, Devon- OKC

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/22/payc...g-centene.html

Weird how they don’t list ADP and Paychex as competitors but other SAAS companies.
    That is so weird that CNBC would omit its biggest competitor: https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...-software.aspx

Amateur, really.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    H&P, Williams, Oneok- Tulsa

Paycom, Devon- OKC
    I always imagine where Hobby Lobby and Love's would be if they were public.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    I always imagine where Hobby Lobby and Love's would be if they were public.
    Love's would be somewhere around 150 in the forbes 500

Hobby lobby would be just outside 500

quick trip would be about 275

12. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

I have to say i laugh every time i see their commercials now. They act like they're the first ones to do everything in an app or online. It's been 20+ years since people did paper forms for expenses or PTO. And their expense piece is only expense. Other products do it better (like SAP Concur) because you can do the travel and expense together. And the smaller firms have been outsourcing HR stuff to third parties for even longer (think of firms like Nextep in Norman).

By all means tout your wares, but at least tout them in a way that shows why you're different. The commercials make you sound behind the times. I mean come on, falling over the copier with a pile of papers 3 feet tall doesn't even happen. It's like watching white people struggle cutting vegetables on "as seen on tv" type ads...but wait, there's more.

13. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

duplicate...don't know why it does that sometimes....

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I have to say i laugh every time i see their commercials now. They act like they're the first ones to do everything in an app or online. It's been 20+ years since people did paper forms for expenses or PTO. And their expense piece is only expense. Other products do it better (like SAP Concur) because you can do the travel and expense together. And the smaller firms have been outsourcing HR stuff to third parties for even longer (think of firms like Nextep in Norman).

By all means tout your wares, but at least tout them in a way that shows why you're different. The commercials make you sound behind the times. I mean come on, falling over the copier with a pile of papers 3 feet tall doesn't even happen. It's like watching white people struggle cutting vegetables on "as seen on tv" type ads...but wait, there's more.
    as a long time holder of paycom stock i hope they continue to do what they are doing

Please point to the $20 billion company you have built as evidence you actually know what you're doing and they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    as a long time holder of paycom stock i hope they continue to do what they are doing
    Agree, as someone who's wife works there and gets stock on a normal basis, I hope they keep it up. If their commercials work, they work. Who cares if their commercials are cheesy or not, they do exactly what they are meant to do and that is draw in new clients to the product.

17. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Rolls eyes.....they make money of treating their employees like crap. They can make oodles for investors all they want, but until they treat employees like people, then i'm going to strongly dislike the company's leadership. I dont particularly care what the stock is doing. It means jack to the regular employee there.

Gopokes, i do work at a multi B company that doesnt treat people like Paycom does. Working just fine for me thank you.

Rolls eyes.....they make money of treating their employees like crap. They can make oodles for investors all they want, but until they treat employees like people, then i'm going to strongly dislike the company's leadership. I dont particularly care what the stock is doing. It means jack to the regular employee there.

Gopokes, i do work at a multi B company that doesnt treat people like Paycom does. Working just fine for me thank you.
    everyone i know that works there loves it ... every one i know that used to work there liked it well enough and very much apprecites how their stock options are treating them

19. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Not true. I can run off a mile list of people that have gone through there that felt used/abused and left for much greener pastures. Being forced into working 60 hour weeks regularly (as a salaried employee) is not my idea of treating an employee properly. The story gets told over and over.

Ask the current employees about how overworking their employees caused them to lose databases worth of data that caused thousands of people to miss payroll for companies they service. There are some really good doozies of stories that they keep locked down tight.

Hey, but you don't have to agree with me. If you like the place, great, i'm happy for you.

Not true. I can run off a mile list of people that have gone through there that felt used/abused and left for much greener pastures. Being forced into working 60 hour weeks regularly (as a salaried employee) is not my idea of treating an employee properly. The story gets told over and over.

Ask the current employees about how overworking their employees caused them to lose databases worth of data that caused thousands of people to miss payroll for companies they service. There are some really good doozies of stories that they keep locked down tight.

Hey, but you don't have to agree with me. If you like the place, great, i'm happy for you.
    so i guess the peole you know are a little afriad of hard work to make a bunch of money

21. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

You think 60 hours is a good work-life balance???? Really? And remember, you're salary so you don't get any compensation for it either.

You think 60 hours is a good work-life balance???? Really? And remember, you're salary so you don't get any compensation for it either.
    Ah, but you get to keep your job and those delicious, $1.00 lunches.

if you are young and career focused and what to be successful than yeah 60 hours a week is pretty normal

if you are young and career focused and what to be successful than yeah 60 hours a week is pretty normal
    As an auditor for a CPA firm, 60 hours can sometimes be nothing.

Which is a really sad thing.

https://clockify.me/working-hours

Thread Information