Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Yet another oklahoma employer owned by out-of-state owners. It would be great if more Oklahoma City businesses owners actually lived here and spent their money here.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    Yet another oklahoma employer owned by out-of-state owners. It would be great if more Oklahoma City businesses owners actually lived here and spent their money here.
    But don't they spend their payroll budget here regardless of where the owners themselves live?

I'm not entirely sure what your beef is here. I'm fairly certain all the top execs are here in OKC.

OK in general is a capital poor state, especially with anything not dealing with oil and gas. So if a company wants to grow its probably going to get funds from companies in NY, Chicago, SF, Boston, etc. Should they just sit on their hands and stagnate just for the sake to stay locally owned?

If you want to get technical, the vast majority of stockholders in Devon, Chesapeake, etc. are big hedge funds and mutal funds based in the NE. And yet I see these companies passing on the benefits of their growth to OKC. That's just how the economy works.

Well, IIRC, some guy from Mustang actually founded, built and sold Paycom. I believe he's still involved with the company, and I don't blame him one bit for cashing in.

It looks like he actually 'brought' money in.

Paycom's founders and execs are here, not sure what the fuss is about. Heck, I can vouch that one of the founding members even works out of our startup incubator at times here in OKC, just to get out of the office. The top execs are perfectly content with being HQ'd out in far NW OKC near Piedmont. Same goes for Funk and Express Personnel.

Correct, they all live here! And, actually the current CEO lives on N. Penn. I think they like the location because of the future growth and things in the Deer Creek/Piedmont/NW OKC area. My wife used to work for them. They bring in A LOT of money every year. They pay for a weekend trip for their employees every year. We had the pleasure of going to Dallas this past Spring. Great company.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Correct, they all live here! And, actually the current CEO lives on N. Penn. I think they like the location because of the future growth and things in the Deer Creek/Piedmont/NW OKC area. My wife used to work for them. They bring in A LOT of money every year. They pay for a weekend trip for their employees every year. We had the pleasure of going to Dallas this past Spring. Great company.
    How much longer do you think that perk is going to be around?

8. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

I've been trying to get my wife to try getting hired on there. I don't see any IT jobs listed on their site, but they may not advertise them.

Have noticed dirt work going on adjacent to the Paycom campus (immediately west of it). Didn't know if there was a campus expansion in the works or not......

Quote Originally Posted by mobstam View Post
    Have noticed dirt work going on adjacent to the Paycom campus (immediately west of it). Didn't know if there was a campus expansion in the works or not......
    I think that's a housing addition...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mobstam View Post
    Yes. Adding another building - #3.

Building permit application today for 6-level parking garage.

They are really blowing and going out there.

Not exactly sure where this garage will go but will feed the two existing buildings and the 3rd one that is now under construction; the building at the back is a gym:

It is quite humorous to see the line of cars exiting the parking lot at 5. Most of them have to go W on Memorial, over the bridge, then back E to get on the turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    It is quite humorous to see the line of cars exiting the parking lot at 5. Most of them have to go W on Memorial, over the bridge, then back E to get on the turnpike.
    Yea, it really is ridiculous. i drive by on my way home and am thankful to already be on the turnpike at that point.

16. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

I know quite a few people who work there. Had an opportunity there myself recently and decided to think twice about it. I've read a ton of reviews about the work/life balance when working for Paycom.

I'm trying to get in, but nothing in my field is opening up.

18. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Ever try getting out of downtown at 5:00? I'd take Paycomm employees' 1/4 mile out of the way loop any day compared to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Ever try getting out of downtown at 5:00? I'd take Paycomm employees' 1/4 mile out of the way loop any day compared to that.
    True

20. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I know quite a few people who work there. Had an opportunity there myself recently and decided to think twice about it. I've read a ton of reviews about the work/life balance when working for Paycom.
    I've heard some pretty bad stories about how they treat their employees. Not sure how much is founded and how much is just b*tching from disgruntles.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I've heard some pretty bad stories about how they treat their employees. Not sure how much is founded and how much is just b*tching from disgruntles.
    A 6 story garage will be a bit taller than all their other buildings so far. Everything they have built has been just 3 stories tall. Obviously office floors are taller than parking garage floors, but I'd have to think 6 stories will make this the tallest structure on their campus.

22. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

They must be doing pretty ok. The owner has a hell of a estate up in far NW Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    A 6 story garage will be a bit taller than all their other buildings so far. Everything they have built has been just 3 stories tall. Obviously office floors are taller than parking garage floors, but I'd have to think 6 stories will make this the tallest structure on their campus.
    This is pretty funny if you actually meant to quote that. He is talking about totally different kinds of "stories" lol!

I know a few people that work there and they love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    I know a few people that work there and they love it.
    Me too.

Thread Information